mugsrb
04-25-2004, 06:01 PM
http://www.diecast4sale.com/towerterror.htm

DisneyFan25863
04-25-2004, 06:13 PM
Your link dosn't work....

heidi and miriam
04-25-2004, 06:24 PM
I was there that night for the preview and rode it three times! KUDOS for sneaking the cam aboard. CM's were watching like hawks for cameras, videos ect and I am glad you got a decent vid of it to share with eveyone. The video doesn't do this ride justice! RUN, don't walk May 5th to ride this bad-boy folks. It is amazing! :)

mugsrb
04-25-2004, 06:25 PM
think the problem is fixed takes abit to load 5 min long

DisneyFan25863
04-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Still dosn't work. It just closes all my browser windows when I click the link.

Cadaverous Pallor
04-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Works just fine for me.

Very cool. Obviously there'd be problems with seeing everything, but just hearing the screams was cool, and it did get better towards the end. Thanks! :fez:

JoeCanadian
04-25-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure if this will work for other people, but I've found a solution that seems to work for me.

You can try going directly to the video via http://www.diecast4sale.com/./media/mp_towerterror_1.asx

or you can open Windows Media Player, click on "File", then choose "Open URL" and cut & paste the same link, http://www.diecast4sale.com/./media/mp_towerterror_1.asx.

Great video by the way. Absolutely great.

Tigertail777
04-25-2004, 11:17 PM
you may need to update your media drivers... I had to do that before i could view it.

Great video, very nicely shot.

My concerns about the ride still remain however... there is far less story and immersion into the story than the wdw version, and less themed scenes.

Side note... is it me, or does the Rod Serling sound alike on the ride part itself, not sound like the same Serling impersonator that did the wdw version, and the library video for both?

donatello3000
04-25-2004, 11:23 PM
I got chills! I can't wait till Tuesday!!! :D
Thanks for the video!

MonorailMan
04-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Side note... is it me, or does the Rod Serling sound alike on the ride part itself, not sound like the same Serling impersonator that did the wdw version, and the library video for both?
Well, I do know that the Sound system was totally re-done for my our the DCA Tower. Must not contiune the "APs own the place" sterotype.

Anyhow, all I know, is that a "new Rod" also did some voiceovers for the little computer game, that is on the TOT website.

This tells me, that between the game, and the new sound system, they may have re-done the voice-over. :)

PsychDoc
04-26-2004, 07:21 PM
Cool video. A bit dark in spots, but I'm sure that couldn't be helped. It was chilling to hear the screams. Sounds like everyone really enjoyed the ride. Going next week! Yeah! Can't wait.

mugsrb
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
Yeah thought about using the night vision but then some of the light came on so I'm glad I didn't

DisneyFan25863
04-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Well, I was able to look at it on a different computer. Great video. It looks really cool!

BTW: Instead of night shot, you could also try raising the Exposure Setting (the amount of light let into the lens). Look for an exposure or iris button on your camera, then turn it up. Should let you have a brighter image. :geek:

MetalliKitty
04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
For those of us unfortunate enough to still suffer the indignity of superslow dial-up (26400 speed on a 56k modem, due to antique local phone lines); is there any chance of a .zip file being made available?

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Hmm, still can't play it. Latest version of WMP, tried cutting and pasting the URL but no luck. Anyone know if the site is down or is it pilot error on my part?

audibleatom
04-27-2004, 07:17 AM
i couldnt view it with my mac but no problem with a PC...really is a great video...can't wait to ride

dingdong2U
04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
I have a Mac as well and can hear all the audio of the file but the video portion doesn't show up. :(

Can anyone on a PC port it over to a Quicktime version and post it somewhere so some of us lowly Mac people can check it out too? ;)

--- Mike

mugsrb
04-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi all I have tried to make it a quicktime but sorry not working right and I've made its zipped and can email it to anybody just send me a email at tim@diecast4sale.com but can't figure out using frontpage how to up load it so you can download it Thanks TimT

Chris Lang
04-27-2004, 09:13 PM
I have a Mac as well and can hear all the audio of the file but the video portion doesn't show up. :(

Can anyone on a PC port it over to a Quicktime version and post it somewhere so some of us lowly Mac people can check it out too? ;)

--- Mike

Mike, sounds like you need the latest version of Windows Media Player. There's a new version 9 that should support the video. You need to be running OSX or greater, however.

- Chris Lang