PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic

Disney Vault
04-25-2004, 10:28 AM
people always say the fantasmic at DL is better than the one at WDW. why is this? what makes it better? And i was wondering if the WDW one has more fountains than the DL.

Ohana33
04-25-2004, 11:02 AM
my family and i went to see fantasmic in WDW twice and both times, it was cancelled because of thunderstorms :mad: pretty upsetting since we ate at the brown derby for priority seating, and that's not cheap. but just from sitting there waiting i could tell you the layout is much different than in disneyland. now i remind you i never saw the show, but the stage seems much smaller and the water area is definately a fraction of what it is at disneyland. but whats nice about WDW is it has tons of seating, unlike disneyland...so i have a feeling the smaller area to perform in makes the WDW show not as spectacular as the disneyland one. but i could be wrong

Not Afraid
04-25-2004, 11:04 AM
Fantasmic at DL has a lot bigger feel to it - it's a lot more impressive.

F! in FL is missing the full-sized Mark Twain and the Columbia. There is no Pirate scene. Instead, they have a Pocohontas sceen that seems very small. There is a riverboat, but it is a model and, imho, looks like it was a grade school project.

Florida does have an amphetheater built especially for F!, so seating is wonderful and not makeshift as it is in DL.

It's not a bad show, it's just not as dramatic as the DL show.

disneydreams
04-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Though I've never gotten the chance to see the Fantasmic show while in WDW, I've seen a messed up video-taped version of it.

I'm thinking, DL's version has a more original touch to it. There's a long Peter Pan sequence in DL's. Compare that to WDW's Pocahontas sequence. Peter Pan's a dearly-loved movie to many people. Pocahontas on the other hand, may not, along with its semi-inaccurate historical information. DL's came in May, 1992

DL's Fantasmic! is open to everyone in the park. Everybody can see it. While in WDW's they have basically an amphitheater, so they have a limited amount of people. That's why my family and I weren't able to go watch it that night in WDW. The CM told us that it was full.

Aren't the Mark Twain's different from each other? I heard DL's was more detailed and looked more like a riverboat.

I have seen both versions of the show at Disneyland as well as WDW. I feel the show at Disneyland is far more spectacular for me. I just like the idea of watching a show on a stage where I was just at, that day. I mean there is just some kind of magic to see the playground you were on come to life like that. That is true disney magic to make the very things around you come to life, when you can say "i was just there and that dragon wasnt there. I didnt see that cauldron". WDW you walk in to a theater. A stage you werent able to explore. So for me there is no magic. Its all trap doors and secret tunnels, not magic. Dont get me wrong I love both shows but I feel DL's is better by a long shot. I feel they are both great shows but DL's holds more magic for me then that of WDW. PS they could of used a better Steamboat then that.
http://www.laughingplace.com/Info-Att-A-MGM-SUNSET-FAN.asp

DisneyDustin22
04-25-2004, 03:05 PM
the biggest difference I see with the two versions of Fantasmic is the location of the show. WDW's version is nice because of the seating. It feels more like a show. You wait in line to see it and actually have a seat, etc. It has the show feel. people go to see the show. At DL, the show takes place in a neautral environment. All day long people are playing on Tom Sawyer Island, riding on the boats, etc. I dont see people playing on stage during the day in WDW. SO it has a more personal feel to it. Theres really no "waiting" for the show. By that I mean, people arent standing in a line to enter an anphitheatre. You can sit on a bench, the ground, a planter, lean against a tree. Get my feel? Its almost as if the show comes to you in DL. all the sudden, boom, it starts right in front of you. You dont even have to be in the audience, you can be walking to Splash or HM and catch parts of the show. To me, its just a more personal level. At the end of the day you can look back and say you were standing where a fire breathing dragon lit up the river, or where Steamboat Willie commanded a grand ship.

***For all you DCA critics, Fantasmic WDW is the "DCA of WDW" lol ;) The "cheap version"

Disney Vault
04-25-2004, 04:38 PM
I like how the DL one seems to just come out of no where. I was so surprised the first time i saw it because i never would have guessed all the effects they have set up.