PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Pirates really looks great!

millionairegirl
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Ok I admit I take having an AP for granted, and I've never really appreciated POTC for the classic innovative ride that it is. But yesterday we went on it and it looks so fantastic!! It's like they've made a new soundtrack and retuned all the AAs. There seemed to be more AA birds everywhere. I don't remember all those parrots and seagulls through out the attraction. Also the paint, costumes, and effects all seemed so fresh. I honestly felt like that's what the ride must of looked like the day it opened. Two thumbs up from me to Disney!

Lekta
04-24-2004, 02:28 PM
Awesome, that ride ranks right up there with my favorites! Hopefully it will all still look fresh and new in May!! :D

Disney Vault
04-24-2004, 06:02 PM
that makes me so happy to hear. :)

KeithOfTerror
04-24-2004, 09:16 PM
In this age of Towers and Temples, Coasters and Corporate sellouts, you gotta love the pirates.

Chemmech
04-25-2004, 11:10 AM
I agree, Pirates is looking really good! I always take my kids on Pirates when I come to the park. Thumbs up to all the Costum, Maintenance crews and effects guys for doing a great job keeping everything operational! All the small details really make a difference :).

Kevy Baby
04-25-2004, 12:34 PM
I love all things Disney, the man was a genius, and I appreciate everything he has contributed to society. But, "It's a Small World" will ALWAYS suck.I had to laugh at your sig. GusGus and I agree - though we do enjoy it during the holidays.

gn2dlnd
04-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, the "Holiday Pirates!" overlay is amazing. With the pirates all decked out in their holiday finery, delivering wenches and hats and baskets of food to the unfortunates in that burning town, rescuing the mayor from the well, and sending that dog down to the bastille with keys to let the poor drunks out. Heartwarming.

"Ho ho, ho ho, it's Christmas time for me!"

Disney Vault
04-25-2004, 01:40 PM
He was talking about its a small world during christmas time not PotC

David R
04-25-2004, 04:49 PM
Have you noticed how many positive comments we've been reading since CM Matt came on board?

KeithOfTerror
04-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks Kevy. Yours is funny too, and I'm surprised you haven't gotten nailed by the gestapo that are the mods for it.

J/K mods, don't kill me. :fez:

gn2dlnd
04-25-2004, 10:31 PM
He was talking about its a small world during christmas time not PotC

Umm, thanks.

Slate
04-26-2004, 08:03 AM
Have not been on it since its 4 day refurb but I noticed the last time in Feb they added a Donkey to the barn next to the 3 singers. :p

DigitalLizard
04-26-2004, 09:30 AM
In this age of Towers and Temples, Coasters and Corporate sellouts, you gotta love the pirates.

HECK YEAH! Pirates is TRUE Disney to me! :fez:

mamabot
04-26-2004, 10:20 AM
The donkey is old. He had been in rehab for a long while. My theory is that he was out partying with the tiger from JC and the panther from the DLRR.

(BTW: has the panther come back from rehab yet?)

LOYL2DZNY
04-26-2004, 11:17 AM
so if there was a 4 day refurb not too long ago, does anyone know what the reason is for the may 3-8 refurb? (i believe those are the dates) we are going on may 1-5 and were kind of bummed to find out that it is shutting down on our 3rd day there. we'll have to squeeze in as much pirates as possible on sat and sun! ugghh! the lines! fastpass, here we come!

NirvanaMan
04-26-2004, 11:31 AM
I had to laugh at your sig. GusGus and I agree - though we do enjoy it during the holidays.Dereail - I am in totaly agreement with you as well. The holiday one is definitely not-awful though.