PDA

View Full Version : Gnats everywhere

Chemmech
04-23-2004, 10:37 PM
I was walking thru the park today and noticed alot of gnats flying about annoying people. It's really weird, sometimes people will be oblivious to the fact that there is a column of 50+ gnats flying over there heads :p . Then you see some people swatting the air wildly and running around. I told my daughter that they were just naughty fairies spareading pixy dust, gotta keep that "Magic" alive :).

millionairegirl
04-23-2004, 10:55 PM
I thought we were crazy! We got to the park around 6:40ish and as we walked through town square we were attacked! But by the time we got to the hub they went away. I didn't notice anymore after the sun went down!

heidi and miriam
04-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I too have noted the gnat problem, particularly at DCA near the Winery/A Bug's Land area around dusk. My friend with me had a literal two foot "hat" of gnats surrounding atop her head and they would not be shooed away.

I could not resist laughing my b*tt off, though. I said to her, "What nice themeing, since we are near A Bug's Land after all." :) :fez:

Ohana33
04-25-2004, 09:05 PM
at dca, the gnats are terrible, espicially in the warm weather! i've had to work manyyyy parade shifts and swat away those pesty bugs. i find it's worse over near the orange stinger... they come in swarms! the only place i've found that there are no gnats in DCA is inside the Bug's Life area... ironic??
it's always funny though, seeing people walking around the park and there's dozens of bugs flying over their heads and they are compeltely oblivious to it... i really have no clue why there are so many there, maybe the scent from certain plants?

myron61090
04-28-2004, 03:43 AM
I was walking thru the park today and noticed alot of gnats flying about annoying people.

the gnats were annoying people

or the gnats were annoying poeple who were annoying?

:fez: :) :fez:

jazzjunkie
04-28-2004, 05:59 AM
This is bad news... I hate bugs of any sort. Anyone have any home remedies to chase these pests away?

tink1234
04-28-2004, 06:44 AM
Okay, I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I thought these were the things that ate flies. If thats true I'll take a gnat over a fly any day. If it's untrue...well, just call me Dopey!