PDA

View Full Version : A 3rd park? Wha?

toonaspie
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM
I keep hearing all of this talk about a 3rd Disney park for Anahiem but I cant tell if it's a joke or if it's supposed to be for real.

Please help a very confused Disney fan

Disneylanding
04-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Hello. Very confused Disney fan *hehe*
I went to Disneyland last August and a cast member while on our way to the park *on the trolly* was telling my sister and I *we were in the back of the trolly right infront of him* "That see that big building?" "Yeah?" "You know what they are gonna make that into?" " No, Sir what are they putting there?" "They are making a Tower of Terror like the one in Disney World. Oh! and we are also making a 3rd park." "A 3rd park?!" "Yes, it's going to be a water park. We have to keep up with Magic Mountain don't we?" *wink*
He was a really sweet guy. Also on our way to the park on the tram from our hotel the tram director said that they were making a 3rd theme park as a water park as well. =-)

spectromen
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
You'll hear a lot of Cast Members saying that the 3rd Park is coming, and that it's a water park. Fine by me, but I'd really rather they delay it a while and concentrate on #1 restoring DL and #2 completing DCA.

Berry Princess
04-23-2004, 11:43 AM
Last I read was that all talk is off for a 3rd park. They want to get DCA taken care of and fix things that need it in DL before even considering a 3rd park. But there had been taked for a long time of one and yes it was about a water park since they didn't have one here yet.

MCComposer
04-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Disney is always looking for new park opportunities (new money-making opportunities) Yes there is talk of a water park at the empty lot the Disney owns kitty-corner to DLR. A while back they were looking a park about 30 due east of San Francisco (right by my house) and there's the new Hong Kong park...
just keep your eyes and ears open. It may not necessarily be a water park either, we'll see what happens
But I agree, they need to perfect what they have before getting more. Quality not quantity.

donatello3000
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
There are also a lot of confused CMs that get rumors confused with fact. A CM friend pointed out to me that the broken singing bust in the Haunted Mansion was of Walt Disney. :rolleyes:

As for a water park, wasn't that just speculation? Or were the talks really about a water park? The talks about the 3rd park are off because the resort isn't exactly in the best shape... But when everything is better and running smoothly, I don't think it would be beneficial for them to make a water park. If I spent a lot of money to improve DL and DCA, I wouldn't go and make a water park that would remain inactive during the colder seasons. Yes, it's southern CA, but it still gets too chilly to just wear swim trunks during winter.

I think a long time ago, one of the posters here suggested a villain themed park. I think that would be so cool if they did that. Or at least a land dedicated to Disney villains.
The reason they made DCA was to appeal to teens and adults because DL was "for kids." Maybe they could create a senior citizen park.
I think it would be cool if they chose different eras/styles in art and themed the park around that. Greek, Renaissance, impressionism, constructivism...
Or maybe a park based on literature...

DigitalLizard
04-23-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey Eisner? You reading this???
A water park? Just what California needs is ANOTHER one of THOSE
with the beach and Mgc Mtn and Knotts fairly close!

Unless they put it in the middle of the DESERT - THAT will flop more
than DCA did!

I wish they'd do a "Westcot" like they thought of doing back in the
late 60's and early 70's or so... There is SO much they have in
the swamp pit in Florida that I wish they'd have in Anaheim!

If they can duplicate things like tower of terror, pirates and splash
on both coasts... I don't see why they wouldn't do an Epcot too!

They won't get a penny more from me and my friends and family
at a water park, even if it IS DISNEY!

:fez:

Disney Vault
04-23-2004, 01:36 PM
They dont have enough land near DL to build an epcot and i personally would want something new and fresh. not just another copy cat park. However i really enjoyed epcot when i was there and thought it was breathtaking. so its not that i didnt like epcot so i dont want another, i just think it would be better to make something new when the time comes around.

sleepyjeff
04-23-2004, 08:41 PM
All I know, is that up here in Oregon we have something called the "Spruce Goose", sold to us because Disney was going to build something called "Disney Seas" in Long Beach.

What happened :confused:

cemeinke
04-24-2004, 12:13 AM
All I know, is that up here in Oregon we have something called the "Spruce Goose", sold to us because Disney was going to build something called "Disney Seas" in Long Beach.

What happened :confused:
They pitted Long Beach against Anaheim - Anaheim won and DCA was built. Disney Seas went to Tokyo where ther had to build a fake cruise ship to take the place of the Queen Mary.

cryan71
04-24-2004, 01:19 AM
They have actually built the Third Park in a secret area of Santa Barbara. The park was built in a way that they can easily take it apart and move all the rides and attractions. All they are doing is waiting for the word and they could have a new park in month later.

Oh, the rides were all themed to look like normal carnival rides. If I reveal my source on this, Michael Eisner will have me "demoused" as they call it.

donatello3000
04-24-2004, 07:00 AM
Yes. The whole time DL and DCA were suffering, they spent most of the budget secretly putting this park together. That's the reason for the lack of upkeep at the DLR.
I heard this from my friend's uncle's dog walker's sister who works in the 20 square mile underground Disneyland Headquarters. I have to go make a new member name now, so I don't get her in trouble. If the Disney company finds out that she let me be privy to that info, she'd lose her job! :eek:

They have actually built the Third Park in a secret area of Santa Barbara. The park was built in a way that they can easily take it apart and move all the rides and attractions. All they are doing is waiting for the word and they could have a new park in month later.

Oh, the rides were all themed to look like normal carnival rides. If I reveal my source on this, Michael Eisner will have me "demoused" as they call it.