PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland's "25th" anniversary

Thomas
10-23-2001, 08:08 AM
The Disney Channel last night showed the episode celebrating Disneyland's 25th anniversary. It was great to see all the old rides operating in Tomorrowland. The rocket jets in their old spot, the skyway, the submarines, Flight to the Moon (is that what it was called) the boats (Fantasyland), the people mover, the old colors, etc.

I did not go to Disneyland for about 3 years just before and during the rehab of tomorrowland. I now know what we are really missing over there.

BTW, is the Disney Channel ever going to change its programming? All they do is show the same shows over and over and just move them to different time slots. Same with the morning kids shows.

jslivinski
10-25-2001, 03:37 PM
I wanted to tape that show and forgot. Seems like I do that alot.:(

jake99
10-25-2001, 04:19 PM
yea all they have is shows that suck hard they never anythin on actually the disney parks or how they made certain things

bluepearl
10-25-2001, 09:18 PM
There's a documentary-type show that's aired early in the morning...usually around 1 or 2AM. I think it might be from the late 60's or early 70s? It has footage from when Pirates of the Carribbean opened and things like that. I love watching it - I never get tired of it.

While I like some of the new shows that the Disney channel airs, I would really love to see the old Mickey and friends shorts they used to have. I remember watching those when I was younger and had to pay for the Disney channel (we get it free now). I forgot what they called it, but it was hours of classic Mickey and friends cartoons. I'm glad I have the 10-video set of some of those!

Thomas
10-25-2001, 09:21 PM
The one show regarding the Pirates opening is great. It's amazing how the ride has gone virtually untouched since its opening.

innerSpaceman
10-25-2001, 10:10 PM
Yeah, that Pirate show is really great. Probably my favorite hour of Disneyland video ever done.

Official video after Walt has been kind of lame. I don't know what the 25th Birthday special was like, but I sure would have liked to have seen it. I have very fond memories of the 25-hour birthday party, and I believe that was the first time the Park had ever remained open around the clock.

Thomas
10-26-2001, 07:13 AM
Last night's episode was great. It showed construction of Disneyland when the Main st buildings were up and Main St was still dirt. Also showed the Rivers of America being constructed as well as the Mark Twain. The railroad cars being delivered to DL via the freeway was interesting also.

These shows are shown on Walt Disney Presents. On Directv it's channel 290 at 11pm and repeated at 2am on channel 291. Because Disney Channel gives no previews as to what's coming on, you just have to look at the description of the show in TV Guide or whatever guide you get.

I will try and post future episodes.

PinkFloyd
10-26-2001, 08:53 AM
Thanks Thomas, it would be great if you could post future shows. I keep kicking myself for missing all these great episodes.

cemeinke
10-26-2001, 05:43 PM
The 25th Anniversary show was painful to watch. I was also there when Disneyland stayed open for "25" hours--I still even have the pre-pin days commemorative button. So I thought maybe I'd catch a glimpse of me or my friends. They didn't really feature any of the rides. They just used the Electrical Parade floats as a backdrop for another performance.

The earlier park shows are much better. I've been videotaping them when they're on and check the schedule weekly on:

http://disneychannel.disney.go.com/disneychannel

Personally I can't wait for the Disneyland DVD that's promised for December which includes some of the better Disneyland specials

Nigel2
10-26-2001, 10:22 PM
The Disneyland USA DVD is only like 4 episodes, but wasn't that series not actually set only in Disneyland? But odds are they will all be the disneyland episodes, also whats up with the "Uncensored" part, its not like there was anything bad in the shows anyway, and they wouldn't show Walt swearing since they want to keep a good image still.

MammaSilva
10-27-2001, 08:44 AM
I think they will edit any comments that they feel might tarnish Walts image and 'rumor' has it that they will edit any scenes where Walt is smoking....even tho there used to be a tobacco shop where the magic shop is today....the only trace of that is the Wooden Indian on Main Street

Nigel2
10-27-2001, 11:07 PM
You know I have no recollection of him smoking on camera for the shows, but it is "Uncut and Uncensored" so whatever.