Tony
10-23-2001, 07:40 AM
The riddle for October 23 is:

Zeros; how many
(All sculpted 3D)
Can you see?

stan4d_steph
10-23-2001, 08:06 AM
I remember seeing 2: the one in the hall where the floating candlestick used to be and one that disappears over the table in the ballroom. Anyone else have more?

yeo_foxe
10-23-2001, 08:21 AM
You forgot the one in the graveyard!

Napsto
10-23-2001, 06:00 PM
the zero effect was so tight!

Dlandmom
10-23-2001, 10:08 PM
Weren't there two in the graveyard? One next to Sandy Claws, and isn't that Zero fighting with a dog skeleton later on in the graveyard scene? Am I confusing that with something else?

cemeinke
11-01-2001, 08:50 PM
Ok, I'm just back from Disneyland, rode HM 3 more times looking for the 4 Zeros that the website claim to exist. I only count 3, one in the hallway, another in the ballroom over the table, and in the graveyard next to jack. Has anyone spotted the 4th 3D Zero yet?

Not Afraid
11-03-2001, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Ok, I'm just back from Disneyland, rode HM 3 more times looking for the 4 Zeros that the website claim to exist. I only count 3, one in the hallway, another in the ballroom over the table, and in the graveyard next to jack. Has anyone spotted the 4th 3D Zero yet?

I can't find the 4th one either! I spotted the ones you sighted, M. Meinke. Maybe the answer is wrong. Anyone else find the elusive 4th 3D Zero? (There are 2 other 2D zeros - one in the stretching room, one in the portrait gallery.)

Not Afraid
11-19-2001, 08:18 PM
After 30 or so rides, I finally got frustrated and e-mailed Disney for the answer. Here's the reply I got:

Dear Disneyland Resort Guest:

Thank you for your recent letter to the Disneyland Resort.

There is a three-dimensional Zero in one of the portraits in the stretching
room. This would be the first Zero in the Mansion.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland Resort in the near future and trust your
visit will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Carroll
Disneyland Resort
Guest Communications

Check out The Disney Club for discounts on your next Disneyland Resort vacation
by visiting www.disneyclub.com. Only $39.95 gets you a full year of benefits.
Please refer to source code DLEM when ordering.

cemeinke
11-19-2001, 08:26 PM
Dang that's a somewhat annoying and anti-climactic answer to the riddle.

I know the wreath portrait protrudes a bit from the picture plane, so I presume the same goes for the Zero portrait in the other gallery, but to me that's more of a 2D cut-out rather than something "sculpted" and "3D."

Oh well, I guess that gives me another excuse to go back to the park and take another spin on a doombuggy;)