PDA

View Full Version : ToT Soft Opening? Any info?

redrhino
04-21-2004, 09:41 AM
In Monday's DLR update a possible ToT soft opening was mentioned:

There are currently no known previews or events scheduled for April 21, 22, 29, 30 or May 1, and some cast members have told us that the ride may be available for “soft opening” (dress rehearsals) to regular park visitors on those days. However, since this information is very tentative and may change at any time, please do not plan a trip based on this information. Do, however, keep it in mind if you happen to be at the Disneyland Resort on one of those dates.

Do any CMs know whether one is scheduled for Thursday the 22nd. I am heading to the park that day but would sort of like to know whether I should definitely head to DCA or just let the family lead me around like normal.

Redrhino

AVP
04-21-2004, 11:41 AM
It looks like there are CM previews happening today and tomorrow.

AVP

Disneynut1955
04-21-2004, 02:29 PM
There is quite a large event happening on Thursday or at least I hope so after paying $6400.00 for dinner inside of the attraction. The "Tip Top Club" package offered by disneygallery.com is scheduled to hold their event on this date. We have four people going and I hope it is worth the extra expense!

BJW
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I know about the special dinner and the CM previews but what about next week? After the AP previews are over on Wed. will there be any soft openings? I will be at the resort on Wed. and will be staying until Fri. so I hope that they'll have a soft open after all the previews are over. Anyone know what the news is at this point?

dude
04-22-2004, 09:51 AM
After the CM and AP previews and the Mark & Brian event, there are several days before opening day that have no events planned. My CM sources say that there are possible soft openings those dates, but there are no guarantees at all. There may not even be a soft opening, so don't plan your trip around it.

DJLCB
04-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I am bringing some non-AP holders on Monday, 4/26/2004. I am also scheduled to preview ToT that afternoon. Is there a chance I can get my non-AP holders on the ride as well. I don't want to have them feel left out :crying:

ToursbabeC3po
04-22-2004, 09:59 AM
After the CM and AP previews and the Mark & Brian event, there are several days before opening day that have no events planned. My CM sources say that there are possible soft openings those dates, but there are no guarantees at all. There may not even be a soft opening, so don't plan your trip around it.

I Ditto this comment!