PDA

View Full Version : Dining questions ?

MeganPierce
04-20-2004, 06:49 PM
My family and I are planning our first DL trip. My kids are 2 (almost 3) and 4 (almost 5). I have made PS at Goofy's Kitchen (for breakfast), Ariel's Grotto (for lunch), and Blue Bayou (for dinner). These are not all for the same day so don't get excited! :eek: LOL! Here are my questions:

1. Can I order one of those famous :p Monte Cristo sandwiches off the dinner menu?

2. Are there any must eat at places that I am missing? :confused: Any suggestions that my kids would love would be great.

We are staying on the concierge level at DLH so I didn't want to end up with a ton of character breakfasts.

Thanks for your help.

Megan

CarlieB
04-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi:)

I don't believe the Blue Bayou offers the Monte Cristo on its lunch menu unfortunately. I've only had lunch at the BB, not dinner. Dinner is much more expensive, from what I can tell. The ambience at the BB is fantastic though.

Your children might enjoy the Rainforest Cafe in DTD - the theming is pretty amazing.

wenderella
04-20-2004, 07:05 PM
Carnation Cafe on Main Street for breakfast is our favorite! You get to sit down and have an actual meal. Prices are decent and if you have a late breakfast, it's enough to tide you over for an earlier dinner! They have Mickey Mouse waffles, Minnie's scramble, croissant breakfast sandwich, eggs benedict and blueberry muffins with coffee...YUM! My kids love to feed the birds as they are eating.

adriennek
04-20-2004, 07:15 PM
1. Can I order one of those famous :p Monte Cristo sandwiches off the dinner menu?

No.

2. Are there any must eat at places that I am missing? :confused: Any suggestions that my kids would love would be great.

Uhm, well I don't consider Ariel's Grotto must eat place. I found it disappointing for the price and experience.

The bacon-wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ is to-die-for. It's a brief walk-up kind of snack but for me, it's a must-eat :)

Adrienne

CarlieB
04-20-2004, 07:21 PM
The bacon-wrapped asparagus at Bengal BBQ is to-die-for. It's a brief walk-up kind of snack but for me, it's a must-eat

I've got to try this. Every time I mean to, and never get round to it. This time, it's a must-try.

MeganPierce
04-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. Maybe I will change my Blue Bayou to a late lunch. Does anyone know what time the lunch menu ends?

Where is Bengal BBQ located?

adriennek
04-20-2004, 08:48 PM
I think that lunch ends around 3:00 or 3:30?

Bengal BBQ is in Adventureland across from the entrances to Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, and Tarzan's Treehouse.

Adrienne