PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Motel Question

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-20-2004, 02:02 PM
There are a couple of motels that are on Harbor, directly across the street from the entrance, specifically near the Denny's and IHOP. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what the names are, and if one is a better bargain than the other. I just need a room for a Sunday night.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Klutch
04-20-2004, 02:12 PM
I don't the recall the names of those hotels. I can recommend the Candy Cane Inn, which is on the Disneyland side of Harbor. See my review here on Mouseplanet. :)

tod
04-20-2004, 02:16 PM
There are a couple of motels that are on Harbor, directly across the street from the entrance, specifically near the Denny's and IHOP. Could anyone be so kind as to tell me what the names are, and if one is a better bargain than the other. I just need a room for a Sunday night.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Park Place inn, Carousel Inn, Desert Inn, if memory serves.

--t

DigitalLizard
04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
We stayed at Travelodge on Katella
(right across from DTD Parking lot)
last month, it wasn't bad... $57.00
a night... continental breakfast in the am...
book on travelodge.com for the best rates
(guaranteed lowest rates)

I don't recall where the Denny's or ICrawl is
on Harbor. I usually am coming in from the west
near Beach and Katella... so I don't usually go
as far as Harbor to get to the parking garage.

But I know there is a Park Vue (or "Park" something)
where my friend stayed last year (it was $77 a night for her)

Try Expedia.com also, they can be quite helpful and
good priced.

:fez:

LSPoorEeyorick
04-20-2004, 02:27 PM
If that specific location doesn't matter so much (and price does), MBC, definitely give Expedia or Orbitz a shot. We needed a one-night motel room for the first time last weekend, and I found a room at Super 8 (on Katella) on Orbitz for under $50-- that morning!

DigitalLizard
04-20-2004, 02:44 PM
yeah if you have a car, and don't mind parking at DLR instead
of walking across the street, definitely you can find CHEAP deals
a few blocks away... it is worth it... specially if all you are doing
is sleeping there... just remember they won't be the Grand Californian!

:fez:

Hakuna Makarla
04-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Here is the list on the harbor side.
Holiday Inn at the Park, 1221 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim ,Days Inn Suites Anaheim at Disneyland Park 1111 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim , Ramada Ltd. Maingate N. Disney 921 S. Harbor Blvd, Anaheim , Residence Inn Anaheim-Resort Area/Garden Grove 11931 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, Embassy Suites - Anaheim South 11767 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, Hilton Garden Grove Hotel 11777 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove, Homewood Suites by Hilton 12005 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove , Crowne Plaza Resort 12021 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove,Anaheim Marriott Suites 12015 Harbor Blvd, Garden Grove ,
Hyatt Regency Orange County (Alicante) 11999 Harbor Blvd, Anaheim ,Howard Johnson ( we are staying here, very nice they say and cheap)

Quinten27
04-20-2004, 03:16 PM
I have done quite a bit of research on the motels off Harbor there and the best deal I found was at the Park Place Inn. It wasn't the cheapest place, but it is the best value for your dollar, IMO. Second choice would the Ramada maingate, but be sure to request one of the new rooms, the old ones smell like mold.

spectromen
04-20-2004, 03:43 PM
There are a couple of motels that are on Harbor, directly across the street from the entrance

The ones I'm picturing are the Tropicana and Fairfield Inn by Marriott, 1 each on either side of the McDonalds :)

LOYL2DZNY
04-20-2004, 04:04 PM
we're staying at the anaheim del sol inn. it's supposed to be right behind the denny's. our rate is $49.99 per night. pretty good, i thought. i've never stayed there before, so, i hope it's as nice as the price and the pics i've seen of it on the web. i have the phone number for it (not on me at the moment), but if you would like, i can get it to you tomorrow.

tropicana is always a good choice, too.

adriennek
04-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I believe the two on either side of Denny's are Desert Inn & Suites and Best Inn.

Desert Inn & Suites is nothing fancy but the rooms are clean and the staff is excellent. I have a few friends who stay there several times a year.

Adrienne

Diamondbacker
04-20-2004, 05:56 PM
Bret's Disneyland Lodging LinkMap (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html) Check this site out- found it thru Mousesavers.com pretty cool!! :) - and Best Inn is now Del Sol Inn. :fez:

kdrickard
04-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Don't forget to also check the "Reviews" link on MousePlanet (that's here! :cool: ) for reviews on DLR area hotels.

Kevin

mamabot
04-20-2004, 08:54 PM
If I had to choose between Park Place Inn and Desert Inn & Suites, Park Place would win hands down. Nicely appointed rooms, closest location, ok breakfast, decent pool.

DivaPrincess
04-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I've stayed at the Del Sol and the Carousel. The Desert Inn looks nice - and it has an indoor pool.

The Del Sol is very, very small. So are the rooms. But, a fine place to lay your head - clean and remodelled. But, the rooms are cramped. We stayed there in Feb and there were only 2 other cars in the parking lot. No one else on our floor.

The Carousel was a bit nicer. Rooms were bigger and had better decor. Both rooms had microwaves and refrigerators.

I haven't heard good things about the Park Vue.

I love the MousePlanet travel section. Booked my Feb trip through them!

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Thank you all so much for your advice!

We are on a pretty tight budget but since Monday is my BF's birthday and we were going to the park to ride TOT anyway, I thought I would expand the trip a little and give us a quiet place to get away from the park and celebrate his birthday. I was hoping originally that we could do one of the Disney hotels but money is pretty tight right now. It sounds as if some of your suggestions will fit the bill.

Thanks again :)

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-21-2004, 01:09 AM
If I had to choose between Park Place Inn and Desert Inn & Suites, Park Place would win hands down.

Well, I finally made a decision. The Park Place looked much nicer but, as I said, we are on a pretty tight budget. I chose the Desert Inn. The difference in rates was almost $25, which might not seem like a lot but considering that we are only going to spend about 10 hours in this room, it seemed like the right decision. I would rather spend the extra money on better food :)

garkat
04-21-2004, 06:47 AM
MotorBoat Cruiser-we recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Alicante in Garden Grove(about 2 miles south of the park on Harbor Blvd). The hotel was very nice, the rooms were big, they provide a free shuttle bus to the park that runs every 30 minutes and the best part was that I got the room reservation via Priceline for $30 per night (I think parking extra). This was our third stay at this hotel and we've always been satisfied. The location is great with 3 major restaurants right across the street. :)

mamabot
04-21-2004, 07:16 AM
Well, I finally made a decision. The Park Place looked much nicer but, as I said, we are on a pretty tight budget. I chose the Desert Inn.

First of all, a very happy early birthday to your partner!

The Desert Inn is not a bad choice. They do have jacuzzi tubs. Just be careful when getting in & out of the tub/shower. I have stayed there twice before and enjoyed it. And I can honestly say that their sofa beds are pretty comfortable.

LOYL2DZNY
04-21-2004, 09:45 AM
DivaPrincess, other than the rooms at the Del Sol being small, how was the rest of the hotel? the distance from the park? would you stay there again?
My husband, myself, and our 3 year old will be staying there. Do you think it will be cramped for us? Thanks for the review. Any added advice/review will be appreciated!

GeminiAngel
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
I have done quite a bit of research on the motels off Harbor there and the best deal I found was at the Park Place Inn. It wasn't the cheapest place, but it is the best value for your dollar, IMO.

I really like this one. stayed there in Feb. nice tropical style rooms and it sits on the corner with the traffic lights that cross over to the parks!!! :D