PDA

View Full Version : Storybookland at Twilight Time

Werner
04-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks to the knowledgable folks here, I've learned that my earlier attempts to ride through Storybookland just after dusk are often nixed due to the fact that the boat's CMs get pulled for evening parade duty.

I'm wondering if any of you know how early they shut down? For example, I know that the Parade of the Stars runs at 8pm, so does that mean they shut down at about 7:30 or 7pm? Or even earlier?

Since the sun sets at 7:35 on the day I'm going to be there along with my parents -- who haven't been for years -- I'm trying to calculate how/if we can "set sail" between 7:35 and 7:45 to maximize that magical window of twinkly-lights in the twilight time.

OK, so I admit I'm winning this year's Non-Spontaneous and Dorked Out award!

cstephens
04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
I believe it shuts down an hour prior to the parade. I'd suggest that you wander by that area earlier in the day and ask one of the CMs there, who could tell you pretty much exactly when that window would be for the day you're there. Have fun!

Niwel
04-20-2004, 01:43 PM
However... if you want to see Storybook Land after the sun sets, hop on board Casey Jr (which will continue to run as the CMs are part of a regular Fantasyland rotation). You can see just about everything as you could on the boats -- just at a faster pace. I loved operating that attraction at night -- it was so much fun and so beautiful -- plus the tunnel is pitch black, too.
If you can, try and grab the last car and enjoy your ride backward. :fez:

Kevy Baby
04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Don't they reopen Storybook Canal boats later on? I LOVE riding that ride at night.

Although look out for the giant killer ducks :eek: