PDA

View Full Version : Tower Pictorial from 4/16-4/17

Pages : [1] 2

NyYankFan Ken
04-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Well Folks...I have for you here 191 photos to sink your teeth into! I had the chance to take 26 rides into the Twilight Zone this weekend. Here for you are my pictures from inside and outside the attraction. Enjoy!

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4099501&a=31201697&f=

Disneyfreak
04-19-2004, 03:46 PM
Well if anyone is a looser, it is you. I resent the comment you made about the ap's.

NyYankFan Ken
04-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey Pal,

Im also an AP Holder. Some AP's were out front throwing a fit because they could not get in. Trying to show there AP's and saying how long theyve waited for this attraction. It was a quite an amusement to listen to a lot of them whine. It was a direct shot at anyone, just the ones out front the attraction.

Kevy Baby
04-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Sorry Ken: that comment is in poor taste :(

The comment: "A look towards the wall that blocked all the loser AP's who were trying to get in :)"

The link (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4099501&a=31201697&p=67819770&f=0)

cstephens
04-19-2004, 04:54 PM
I'm a loser AP who was fortunate enough to attend a cast preview of the attraction thanks to a good friend, and I still think the comment is in poor taste. I agree that APs (or anyone, for that matter) behaving in the manner you described did a bad job of representing themselves, but that's very different than the all-compassing, incorrectly-lump-everyone-into-the-same-category comment you included in your pictures. It's too bad you didn't decide to aim your remark at the specific people you say you intend rather than the entire group at large.

And I saw some of the things that people (I don't know if they were APs or not) were doing to try to get in. I thought it was odd, ineffective and not something I'd do, but I also wouldn't call them losers.

sediment
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
If they were out in front of ToT, waving their badges and complaining about not being able to ride, then yes, they are "loser APs."

In plain English, "Loser" describes the APs who were trying to get in. If instead Ken wrote "A look towards the wall that blocked all the short men who were trying to get in :) "
Would the men here start complaining that, "Hey, not all men are short. Sure, some of the men outside the wall were acting in a small way, but I wouldn't lump all men into the category of 'short.' Your comment about men was in bad taste."

There are, like, 599,800 other APs who did not act this way. Ken does not call the 599,800 other APs "losers." Only those that would act like little crybabies holding their breath and banging their head until they get their way.
Yes, they are "loser APs." Should have taken their badges away from them for their poor behavior. Then, they'd be just "losers."

Anyone see the difference here, or do you apply every single adjective of APs to yourself, get offended, cry to the moderators, hold your breath, and bang your head against the wall until you get your way?

"Loser" is quite appropriate. They're losing in their goal to weasel themselves into a closed-to-public attraction, based on their entitlement as APs. What losers they are.

Kevy Baby
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Well Sediment, I disagree.

The OP's remark IS (IMHO) inflammatory about APs in general. It has been discussed ad naseum on this site about the bad impression of APs that is generated by a few individuals (the "a few bad apples..." line comes to mind).

You state "In plain English, "Loser" describes the APs who were trying to get in." No, the adjective (loser) as it was used in the manner being discussed here implies that APs in general are losers. Loser is the adjective that should have been used to describe the INDIVIDUALS that were getting in (based on the OP's comments). If the comment with the picture had been, "A look towards the wall that blocked all the loser's who were trying to get in", there would be no issue (all I did was take out the AP reference).

Allow me to give another example that parallels this: I was in an IRL discussion with someone about homosexuality. They asked me how many "gay friends" I have. My response was none. However, I do have many friends who happen to be gay. I just don't place the qualifier on it about their sexual orientation.

NyYankFan Ken
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Thank you Sediment!

You read my thoughts exactly!

As you have seen by my post. I am also an Annual Passholder from Sacramento,Ca. The actions seen by myself and others of some APers was inappropriate. It was a attraction in itself listening to some of them! My comment was directed at them. If you werent one of those APers doing it that day. Dont worry about it! It was not directed at everyone!

sediment
04-19-2004, 06:52 PM
1. You chose to interpret what Ken wrote. You chose differently than intended. Why you made this choice is unknown at this time.

2. Your IRL analogy does not make sense to me. To make the analogy fit, you would interpret the someone's use of the phrase "gay friends" as "You think all my friends are gay." "Loser APs" = "You think all APs are losers." "Brown dog" = "You think all dogs are brown."
Your interpretation of the language in this manner is bound to offend you. Several times a day, by my calculations.

adriennek
04-19-2004, 07:15 PM
If this thread can get back on track to the topic of the Tower of Terror and the photos of the TOT, we'll keep it open and in this forum. Thank you.

Adrienne

ChelleR
04-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Thank you for sharing the pictures Ken! :

MonorailMan
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Huh? (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4099501&a=31201697&p=67820065)

From that signage, you'd think it's in Disneyland, not DCA. lol :)

Edited: [Removed] By Self. Didn't like my comment. :)

donatello3000
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
[took some stuff out after realizing adriennek’s post while I was posting]

When I hear “man eating shark.”
1) It’s a type of shark that eats man.
But sometimes I laugh inside because it could be mistook as...
2) A man who is eating a shark.

Anyway, I like the photos. There were a lot of different ones that I haven't seen before, especially the ride show. I was waiting until somebody would post something like that.

disney_j
04-19-2004, 07:37 PM
Well, I guess i'll be another to honestly say great pictures...it's awesome to see the themeing and queue area for it, especially considering I live in Canada and it'll be a while before i ride it! Thanks for all the pics, i think more people appreciate it then you'll know.

*edited spelling/grammar mistake*

CarlieB
04-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Great photos - thanks for sharing:)

donatello3000
04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Huh? (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4099501&a=31201697&p=67820065)

From that signage, you'd think it's in Disneyland, not DCA. lol :)

Are ALL of DCA’s certificates of compliance located in Disneyland? That seems kinda strange. Or is that a mistake?

MonorailMan
04-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Are ALL of DCA’s certificates of compliance located in Disneyland? That seems kinda strange. Or is that a mistake?
Nope. All of DCAs say "Guest Relations". Big Error. :)

NyYankFan Ken
04-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Thank you for all the compliments everyone!

LibraryGirl
04-19-2004, 08:28 PM
the pictures were great! Thank you for sharing them!! :)

JoeCanadian
04-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Amazing pictures. The California version doesn't have that amazing queue that leads through a rundown garden, but the lobby easily beats out Florida's.

SJSman
04-20-2004, 09:09 AM
ha.. you guys are all "losers" for debating about such a small issue.

just trying to add fuel to the fire-- the debate is quite entertaining (though I agree with Sediment)

Kevy Baby
04-20-2004, 09:50 AM
If this thread can get back on track to the topic of the Tower of Terror and the photos of the TOT, we'll keep it open and in this forum. Thank you.The OP posted a link to a series of his photos.
Amongst those photos was a comment that I (and others) took exception to.
How is that off topic? Are we only allowed to say good things?
As far as I'm concerned, the OP opened the door to criticism by posting the link.
ha.. you guys are all "losers" for debating about such a small issue.Its not a small issue. Its about the perpetuation of a stereotype. And an important misrepresentation on a Disney related discussion board.

ToursbabeC3po
04-20-2004, 10:05 AM
I think that was very bad taste. I am a cast member and I love Ap's because they spend money in the park and pay my paycheck! So next time you make a comment like that you should think about where your money comes from when it is deposited into your account Thurs.

By the way I am going to DCA today and I have on extra ticket and I will grab an AP to go with me. I think they should let AP's in because there is no line at all and they can run the ride at full capacity.

sediment
04-20-2004, 10:19 AM
By the way I am going to DCA today and I have on extra ticket and I will grab an AP to go with me. I think they should let AP's in because there is no line at all and they can run the ride at full capacity.
That would ruin the effect of an official "Opening Day."
Of course, all this info about press going on early, Eisner going on early, CMs going on early, special people paying to go on early, APs going on early, etc., ruin the effect of an official "Opening Day."

NyYankFan Ken
04-20-2004, 10:59 AM
You guys should all listen to Sediment!

He took my line in the right way. Hey ToursbabeC3po, If you noticed I also stated I was an annual passholder. I am not employed by the Walt Disney Company! :cool: