PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Shoppe Prices

Ace
10-22-2001, 07:46 PM
DO you guys know if the prcies at Mouseshoppe prices are marked up from what they would be at the park or not? PLEASE say they are cuase I desperately need a poster for either Peoplemover or Jungle Cruise ( I think it has to do with a physical addiction to the park....but anyway) and it said 42 bucks! Is that right???

Lost Boy
10-22-2001, 07:53 PM
They are marked up slightly so that Mouse Shoppe can make it's profit which is only fair. Remember you also have to pay shipping and handling also.

Those mini posters are all on sale at the gallery above Pirates. They used to run around $25.00 but they may have gone up since I last purchased one.

Ace
10-22-2001, 07:57 PM
25 bucks is good....what size are they and when did you get yours last?

Lost Boy
10-22-2001, 08:19 PM
They are called "Mini Posters" and they are about 16X20 in size.

I got the Disneyland Railroad and The Paris DL Asto Orbiter (that one is no longer offered) I think it was about 5 or 6 years ago that I last purchased one, but on last Friday's visit I noticed that the poster bins the Gallery had been refilled. I am pretty sure most of the ones you want are there.

Morrigoon
10-22-2001, 10:15 PM
Personally I prefer the mega-posters, but they're impossible to frame (I'm too cheap to pay for custom framing, and at 4 1/2 feet by 3 feet.... there just isnt an off the shelf frame that size)

I love the ones on the back wall of Pizza Port, but most of those are out of print. Rocket to the Moon, Adventure through Inner Space, Peoplemover, Autopia, Skyway... (sigh)

Well, at least I have Matterhorn, Pirates and the Columbia. But there's so many great ones, if they'd just make them, I'd buy them! It's like they don't want my money, heheheh.

Nigel2
10-22-2001, 10:19 PM
Speaking of posters, what attraction poster was replaced by the new autopia ones?

mad4mky
10-23-2001, 07:54 AM
I posted this on another thread...regarding posters...but here it goes again.

The posters at The Gallery are a smaller version...as they are on MouseShoppe.

But, at WDW, at DTD, there is a Disney collectable store (not World of Disney) that sells the full size version. They are quite pricey...but so nice. I bought 2...Haunted Mansion, and Pirates. As, well as some others that I have never seen anywhere else before. Give WDW a call, find out the name of the store...I am sure they ship. A full size poster ran about $42.00 or $45.00...which seems to be the same price as Mouse Shoppe for a smaller version.:)

Nigel2
10-23-2001, 11:33 AM
Are you talking about the collectables store in Pleasure Island? I always thought that was an odd spot for a collectables store, but I guess it keeps the kids out.

mad4mky
10-23-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Are you talking about the collectables store in Pleasure Island? I always thought that was an odd spot for a collectables store, but I guess it keeps the kids out.

No, no. It's nearby The World of Disney. Right across from the Disney Home Store (where they sell towels, bedding, home accessories). A little over by the Pooh Store.

Nigel2
10-23-2001, 12:18 PM
Ok now I know which one, there are like 4 or 5 disney type stores all over DTD marketplace, west side and pleasure island.

pixiepal
10-23-2001, 06:04 PM
The posters at the Disney Gallery at Dland are
14 x 18 (I know because I have like 10 of them, and it is tough to get a pre-made frame that size!!! Aaron Brothers Art Mart has the best selection). They are 35.00, and they are double-matted...so they are pretty nice.
I know they have the Jungle Cruise(they did in August, anyway) but I am not sure about Autopia...
they did, however, have a People Mover one when I was there.
You know, you can call them and have them ship one to you!

Napsto
10-23-2001, 06:08 PM
the best attraction poster is the matterhorn, especially when the outer matt is blue