PDA

View Full Version : The best meal(s) you ever ate at the Parks...

Pages : [1] 2

CarlieB
04-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Mine...

DL: Lunch at the Blue Bayou for the first time was pretty good (and yes, I had the Monte Cristo:D ). Everyone enjoyed their meals, and the atmosphere was great.
We were lucky enought to have lunch once at the Big Thunder BBQ before it closed...maybe it was just the superb atmosphere, but I remember that meal very fondly.

DCA: Unfortunately, nothing stands out as yet.

DTD: We had a fantastic meal at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen a couple of years ago. The food was amazing, the wine was nice, the service was very good. Unfortunately, we haven't been back, as I've heard the standards have slipped a little since then. Hopefully they'll lift again.

watkinz
04-19-2004, 03:32 PM
DL: Blue Bayou - They day I proposed to my wife I took us to Blue Bayou for dinner. I had the pork chops, and it was definitely the best dinner I've had in the park. I remember the side dishes being very tasty as well.

DCA: Went to the Vineyard Room and can't remember what I had. Other than that, I haven't really tried much in DCA (other than snacks). Any recommendations?

DCA: Rainforest Cafe: My wife and I shared the China Island salad, Crab-filled egg rolls, and a cup of clam chowder soup.

Honorable mention: Chicken Taco Salad at Rancho del Zocalo (DL), Corn Dog from the truck on Main Street in DL.

Now I'm hungry...

CarlieB
04-19-2004, 03:43 PM
DCA: Went to the Vineyard Room and can't remember what I had. Other than that, I haven't really tried much in DCA (other than snacks).
I'm keen to try the Vineyard Room...it's been getting good reviews here of late. It sounds very nice. Question: does Napa Rose count as being in DCA or DTD? Or neither, as it's in the GCH? Maybe there should be a hotel category as well?

millionairegirl
04-19-2004, 03:47 PM
DL I've had a quite tasty lunch at Blue Bayou, but the dinner fell short. To the point where I will NEVER go there for dinner again. I've also had great meals at the Plaza Inn, I'm just a really big fan of it because my family used to always eat there when I still went with my parents. They are now big party poopers and say they will not go back to Disneyland until I supply them with a grandchild.

DCA I would like to try Vineyard Room, but we had a great meal at the Soap Opera Bistro (may it rest in peace). Great wine, steak, dessert, service, atmosphere. Most fun meal ever! I'm still sad it's gone. Otherwise, I also love the Pacific Wharf and the Taste Pilots Grill.

DTD I've had great meals at Catal and Jazz Kitchen. I've heard Jazz Kitchen has gone downhill, but when I ate there (June - 2002), it was great! I guess that was a long time ago. Catal was great! And I'm eagerly anticipating eating there again. I'm a big fan of the Patina Group, and I've never had a bad meal at any of their restaurants, but I think Catal is my favorite. The menu just fits my style so perfectly.

Hotels Still waiting to go to Napa Rose, but I still think the breakfast buffet at Storytellers is out of this world!

David R
04-19-2004, 04:20 PM
The Vineyard Room by far. Not just the best meal at a park, but one of my most memorable meals in several years.

150cc
04-19-2004, 04:24 PM
DL: Dinner at the Blue Bayou had excellent atmosphere, but the food was honestly a little underwhelming. My favorite meal to eat is a bread bowl of chowder from the stand next to Pirates, sneak in through the "exit only" gate to the Cafe Orleans patio, and have a seat and look out over the Rivers and watch the people go by.

DCA: I've never had a sit-down meal. I just like to get ice cream from Burr-bank.

Ohana33
04-19-2004, 04:39 PM
DL: Probably sometime at club 33... the only specific time i remember was a special event that had a hawaiian theme, very yummy. also their lamb is always good. growing up though, i used to be in love with the chilli at the golden horseshoe. but i havent been there in awhile.. do they still serve the chilli in those bread bowls???

DCA: Most definately soap opera bistro. i loved their seared ahi and creme brulee.. that was incredible food... tragic that its gone now

DTD: ESPN Zone :D i adore their apple and walnut salad. it's incredible! and their chocolate milkshakes! also the atmosphere- i love being able to sit in those recliners and watch the big game

Hotels: Napa Rose... dinner was great but their sunday brunch is to die for. smoked salmon, pasteries, eggs benedict, champagne... i could eat like that everyday!

oh my gosh im so hungry now!

cstephens
04-19-2004, 05:02 PM
Maybe not "best", but breakfast at Soap Opera Bistro would rank right up there. :sigh:

04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Mouse pancakes at the Riverbelle, then off to ride Pirates!

CarlieB
04-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Mouse pancakes at the Riverbelle, then off to ride Pirates!
Aaaah, the famous Mouse Pancakes at the Riverbelle Terrace. I haven't tried them yet, but I want to. I'm partial to the Mickey Waffles at Carnation Cafe (washed down with a Vanilla Latte, of course:D )

Boingonut
04-19-2004, 05:22 PM
The homemade hand dipped corndog from the little truck on the end of main street.

Opus1guy
04-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Ummmm. River Belle pancakes. Remember when they served pancakes all day and night? Used to love going there at midnight and having pancakes, eggs and chocolate milk to that incessant tune from the Swiss Family Tree House.

The pleasure and pain that is required from any good hangover remedy!

The Jazzman
04-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Mine is a tie:

1. Bronze Chicken, Mint Julep and a slice of cheesecake at Blue Bayou.

2. BBQ beef sandwich at Big Thunder. (That's it! Nothing else, it was that good.)

Both were years ago so I have no idea if Bayou is still as good but it knocked my socks off then. And Big Thunder... well... (sigh)

NirvanaMan
04-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Blue Bayou - Monte Cristo on/near my bday. Waterfront seats...mickey jello for my bday...had some good company. It was tight.

BTMichael
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Past: BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch (whole family loved it!)

Present: French Dip and Chicken Strips at White Water Snacks (Grand Californian)

SCUBAbe
04-19-2004, 08:39 PM
DL: Dinner at the Blue Bayou had excellent atmosphere, but the food was honestly a little underwhelming. My favorite meal to eat is a bread bowl of chowder from the stand next to Pirates, sneak in through the "exit only" gate to the Cafe Orleans patio, and have a seat and look out over the Rivers and watch the people go by.

DCA: I've never had a sit-down meal. I just like to get ice cream from Burr-bank.

I love the soup in the bread bowl as well. My favorite place to eat is at DCA. The soup or salad in the bread bowl is the best. The bread is so fresh there and we like to sit near the water. My parents hate DCA, but they always got here for lunch..:)

I like the atmosphere of the blue bayou, but the service is slow and the food was not that great. However, I used to be a server a few years back so I tend to not like to sit for large amounts of time.

I'm looking forward to trying White Water Snacks. I had no idea it was there.....one more week..:)

sleepyjeff
04-19-2004, 08:54 PM
Terriyaki Steak at the Tehitian Terrace with a nice tall glass of pinapple juice :)

BTMichael
04-19-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm looking forward to trying White Water Snacks. I had no idea it was there.....one more week..:)
I hope you enjoy it. Our family is not much into fancy dining (like Napa Rose), so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. I will say that the food is fresh, with good-sized portions, and a pretty decent price. Not much of a view from the restaurant, although the "unthemed" GCH swimming pools are right there.

Kevy Baby
04-19-2004, 08:58 PM
I tend to associate my best meals with the people I was with. For me sometimes, good company can trump mediocre food.

Hotels - A recent trip to Hook's Pointe with a group of Padders was a definite highlight (despite ticking off one of the party :().

DTD - I had done a big favor for the boss last year, so he said to take GusGus out for a nice dinner. So naturally we went to RBJK. $170 for the two of us. Great meal made better by the fact that someone else was paying for it :p

DCA - Wine Country Trattoria. Again, while the food was good, the company was better.

Disneyland - Saved the best for last. The day after our wedding, GusGus and I had brunch at the Blue Bayou (we had stayed the night at the old Pan Pacific). While I have had several meals at BB, this one is definitely the best one! The food could have been terrible and it would still be the best mealthere :)

SCUBAbe
04-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I hope you enjoy it. Our family is not much into fancy dining (like Napa Rose), so take my recommendation with a grain of salt. I will say that the food is fresh, with good-sized portions, and a pretty decent price. Not much of a view from the restaurant, although the "unthemed" GCH swimming pools are right there.

I'm sure I will enjoy it. I don't do fancy at the parks. We usually only eat lunch when we go. We're to busy doing other stuff. This time will be different becaus ewe are staying the night. I figure it will give us a achnce to branch out of our food comfort zone..LOL... The last time I was in what I would consider a fancy restaurant was when I went to NY. Now they have outstanding food there.

ozbeauticn
04-19-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm a poor college student so I can't afford the fancy meals. I always look forward to the Chicken Pesto Pasta at the Pizza Port in DL and the Nachos at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA. I'm also very partial to the popcorn, which I've been known to make a meal out of on occasion...

3IdAlienKid
04-20-2004, 12:22 AM
DL -- Another vote for the Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou. Better than anything at DL.

DCA -- We ate at the Soap Opera Bistro on an AP preview day and had a great dinner. The improvised entertainment wasn't that great, but all our meals were hot off the stove and all our entree meats were tender/juicy, and everything was fresh. I know a lot of people complained about the food here, but this was definitely not our experience. It's just fast food, but the Academy Award Wieners chili cheese dog and fries gets honorable mention since I always thought it was a better-than-average dog (when they decide to serve it hot).

DTD -- At the Rainforest Cafe, I had this entree where you get grilled salmon, crabcakes, and coconut shrimp with veggies and rice. Goes great with a Corona.

Hotels -- We love eating at Goofy's for breakfast any day. But Goofy's only gets honorable mention, because I have to say the best meal anywhere at the entire DL "resort" has to be the Napa Rose. We've eaten there 3 times, and the food is exquisite. Voted best Orange County restaurant 3 years in a row. Expensive though.

myron61090
04-20-2004, 06:18 AM
try this i certainly love it:

try going around disneyland and buy churros, a pretzel, funnel cake, popcorn and all other things are disneyland classics or things that remind you/you'd only find at disneyland (you can even get some food in toontown if you want). then next, go to a place in disneyland with the best view or your favorite area in the park, sit down on a bench and just pig out on your food. definately the best meal ever. a disneyland overload

04-20-2004, 07:03 AM
try this i certainly love it:
then next, go to a place in disneyland with the best view or your favorite area in the park, sit down on a bench and just pig out on your food.

myron61090, honey! I am seriously there. I'll even let you have half my churro for one of your pumpkin fudge.

Slate
04-20-2004, 07:28 AM
We always eat a Napa Rose. Food is always awesome. We try to stay away from chains that are all over like Rain Forest.

Ralph Brennans is over rated and priced. Been there 2 times and it was ok but very expensive for the quality. Don't mind paying $100 for a meal but it better be good.

Blue B in DL is always tasty, good food for what they are shooting for.

Burger Joint by Splash Mt sucks.

Best snack in the park are the cold fruits and vegtables with dip. I am glad DL offers these instead of the normal quick junk food. :(