PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm So Tower Jealous...An interesting Tower experience...

MonorailMan
04-18-2004, 08:51 PM
Lite Spoilers in this thread, so be cautioned...

(Pre-Story, Skip it if you lack time...)

So, at the park today, I spent most of my time hanging out outside Tower, waiting for some kind soul to come up, and let me use one of his/her extra tickets. So, I am literally starring at the Hotel for 45 Minutes, in the same position. It got quiet for some time, when one of the check-in CMs came by. He's like "So, I've noticed that you've been starring at the tower for a long time..." (At this moment, I'm thinking that I'm In Like Flynn. All, this waiting was so, such a dedication to the tower.) He completes his sentence, "...I bet that you just can't wait for the opening, and went on and on, on how good it is." So cold, and very cold.

Guilt admit time: After this ordeal, I was later in tears, outside the cold, harsh, black bars, separating me from Disney nirvana. :crying:

So, why the tears, you may be asking?

(End Of Pre-Story, The Real Goods Start Now!)

Well, I'm so dedicated to get on Tower, because I got a super-sneak preview of the Tower. I know, why would I be so dedicated to get on it, if I already had...

Well, a long while back (late March), I was at the park with Holly, and we were going to see Aladdin, when a nice CM in plaid comes up, and asks us if we'd like to participate in a survey about the new attraction. (I'm thinking paper, not guessing that we would get to ride.) So, we go backstage, for a second, with this group of about 10 of us.

Nothing was quite done yet. The paving was done, but none of the major details were done, and there was no old look yet outside, or anything. So, we head through the lightly decorated lobby (unfinished Front Desk, one Sofa), and head to the Not-Yet-Fully painted, or decorated Loading Area. (Just passing the preshow Library, that there weren’t any TVs installed yet.)

So, we board the elevator, and get in. The kind CM tells us to focus our attention on the drops. So, we get in, and we back up. (No starry effect, no NOTHING.) We hear the elevator click, and we go up to the mirror, which shows us our picture. Then, we go up to the top, and see the hallway scene, and there's a white screen where the effects should be. Then we drop, and bounce. Up down we go, and one of the doors still didn't work. We came to the Unload, and they asked us if we wanted to go again, to get a full test. We said sure, and did it again.

Later, they took us into a room, and had a "Dial-Test" style survey, where you move the dial based upon the question. Various questions ONLY about the drops, and nothing else. We then leave the way we came, and they thank us.

To wrap it up, I SOOOOO want to get on Tower, because I saw a near shell, of the attraction, and that since none of the show effects were working, it just wets my appetite to see how the effects, lobby, and boiler room came along.

Just 10 more days. :) :geek:

Mickeyslittlehelper
04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey, you are so lucky to even live near Disneyland, let alone ride it before it opens. I am "hoping" to ride this summer :D

John

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-18-2004, 09:48 PM
I thought I saw you in the park today but wasn't sure if it was you. :)

Too bad it didn't work out for you today. I would assume you are doing the AP preview next week? We are going Monday from 2-3.