PDA

View Full Version : Pooh vs. Bears?

Pages : [1] 2

Filbert
04-18-2004, 07:05 PM
So does anyone miss the Country Bear theater? Or is the space better with the Pooh ride? I miss the bears.

SCUBAbe
04-18-2004, 07:13 PM
So does anyone miss the Country Bear theater? Or is the space better with the Pooh ride? I miss the bears.

I do not miss the bears and the pooh ride is terrible....I think there's enough kiddie rides in fantasy land, but we gave the ride a try hoping for something more than it was.....we got off and said, "well once is enough for that one."

GoldenEars
04-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Altho I think the Pooh ride is really cute and something I enjoy going on, I don't think Disney should have taken out the CBJ to replace it with Pooh. They should have built a brand new theatre for Pooh someplace else and just enhanced the CBJ...new show, new costumes, new music, whatever!!

It was bad enough they got rid of *America Sings*, but at least I can still the characters in Splash Mountain. But for the bears, they are all in total *hibernation*, so I'm sure we'll never see them again.

However, if I had to think of something positive about Disney kicking the bears out...at least they replaced it with something and didn't keep the building vacant for years (like they did with A.S. building).

Have A Blustery Day~
Patrick :D

merlinjones
04-18-2004, 07:35 PM
It's very sad.

stitchlvr
04-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Although the Pooh ride is cute, and my daughter enjoys it, I also prefered CBJ. I was missing it this week when I was at DL and it really hit home when I saw Big Al in the parade. I was so excited and my daughter said, "Who's that?" I told her it was Big Al from Country Bears. She remembers seeing CBJ but doesn't really remember the specifics or characters. I was sad to think that she won't get to see it.

keschy
04-18-2004, 08:17 PM
I really miss the Country bears and I think it's sad that they took them out. It would have been better if they had replaced the attraction with soemthing better than Pooh. I like Winnie ok, but the ride is just not to my taste. CBJ was way better!

Disneykid
04-18-2004, 08:18 PM
I cannot believe they closed CBJ and replaced it with this Pooh ride :confused: ! I do love Pooh but come on guys this ride is as lame as lame gets. Even my 5 year says that once was enough :rolleyes: ! I am still wishing for Trixie, Big Al and Wendel to make a splashing return at some point in the near future. I want the Country Bears back!!!!!! :crying:

Opus1guy
04-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Well don't lynch me, but I always categorized Country Bears, Tiki Room, and America Sings into that special warm place in my heart:

Places that you could count on to catch a couple of nice air conditioned ZZZZZ's on a crowded hot Summer day.

So in that sense, I miss Country Bears (the theater, at least).

Now...if only they'd install some nice seats in Innoventions.

:)

BJW
04-19-2004, 02:28 AM
CBP had a lot of memorable characters and was a very charismatic show that everyone enjoyed no matter what age. Pooh is a short 3 room dark ride that Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk probably could have done better. I've gotten used to it and I'll ride it when I get off Splash just to take a quick break if the line is 10 min. or less (which is usual). The ride has became very unpopular and even on crowded days has short lines so I wouldn't count on this ride lasting too long. With Quimet and Emmer now in charge this seems even more likely. As with Superstar Limo, they'll see no reason to throw funding at something that is unpopular and doesn't draw crowds.

04-19-2004, 05:28 AM
Pathetic, really.

UncleGDogWord
04-19-2004, 06:32 AM
I really miss the CBJ. I went on Pooh once and the only reason I will go again is to look for Buff the Buffalo and his to friends.

I really wish they would have replaced CBJ with a better ride and not a Superstar Limo reject.

LSPoorEeyorick
04-19-2004, 06:43 AM
Miss the Country Bears? Or the Carousel of Progress? Or the People-Mover? Start a save-dough-for-WDW fund, because you can still catch them there. Likewise, I know some WDW-goers who were excited to re-experience the original Tiki Room and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-- those were 86ed from Orlando.

Crispy
04-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Just wondering if it's true .... I read that Bears actually drew more crowds even in its later days than Pooh draws. If so, then what a waste. I felt the same way about Journey into Imagination at Epcot. If you're going to gut an attraction and replace it, don't bother unless you are going to replace it with something better than what is currently there.

Cris

150cc
04-19-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't miss the Country Bears much, but the Pooh ride is really under-done. Peter Pan is the best dark ride because it wows everyone who goes on it- kids and adults. That's why it's always got the longest lines. It's got a unique design and some amazing effects (flying over London, flying through the stars around Never Never Land). Pooh, on the other hand, is extremely short and isn't very creative at all. It's only fit for kids five years old and younger, and there's no reason in the world why it should have a fastpass (I've never seen the line longer than a five minute wait, even on a Saturday).

Zigen
04-19-2004, 10:50 AM
My main complaint about the Pooh ride is that my 2yo cant see out of the buggy that takes you thru the ride. This is suppose to be for little kids right? I have to put her on my lap or have her stand up to be able to see anything. Why design a ride for younger kids, but have them not able to see anything?

I like Poohs corner though. I wish they had other places like this where you could take pictures with 3 or more characters at one time.

For her, she would like Pooh better for the fact that she's not really into shows that much at this age. I liked the country bears...

Nephythys
04-19-2004, 11:52 AM
While I recall the Bears, I do not miss them, nor did I tell my kids about them. So when they were removed there was no disappointment.

I love Pooh. But I guess I am in the minority :cool:

Pirate Girl
04-19-2004, 12:16 PM
We gave the ride a try hoping for something more than it was.....we got off and said, "well once is enough for that one."

We were just speechless...literally, mouths hanging open, we fumbled off the ride in a numb tranz. It was terrible! It looked worse than some of the 50 year old dark rides! The funny part, this was during the soft opening, and they were filming peoples reactions. (For commercials or something?)

I do miss the country bears! They were one of my favorite things at Disneyland. (I dunno, maybe I'm weird?)

Pirate Girl
04-19-2004, 12:19 PM
Now...if only they'd install some nice seats in Innoventions. :)

Space Age recliners perhaps?

millionairegirl
04-19-2004, 12:31 PM
To be honest I never really liked the bears. And I thought they were downright awful in Orlando. At least our bears had an interesting theater. I definitely don't miss them.

I do like the outside of Pooh a lot. I like how it blends into the Critter Country theming perfectly, and how the queue is outside under the branches. I've been on it three times in the last year, which is more than I can say for Peter Pan or Dumbo with their prohibitively long lines. It's a cute fun ride, but not a classic. I don't think it's as bad as some people think it is, I actually think it's pretty cute, and very similar to the Alice in Wonderland attraction.

150cc
04-19-2004, 12:36 PM
I agree, the outside theming for Pooh is fantastic. It blends in perfectly. If only the inside were the same... on the inside you can clearly see the mechanics, metal gears, and bars that make parts of the ride work. At the beginning where Kanga is holding on to Roo who is flying away, you can clearly see the big black bar that holds Roo up and turns back and forth to make Roo move. Stuff like that is just plain sloppy theming and bad show.

It's still a cute ride, but it's so incredibly short and so incredibly simple! If only the ride put in more effects like the Pooh dream sequence in which Pooh floats out of his body... that is a great effect and they really should have invested more into things like that along the ride instead of just cheap gimmicky effects (and not even cool cheap stuff like the cage in Pinocchio or the train in Mr. Toad).

David R
04-19-2004, 12:42 PM
I thought that Pooh was cute and may have ben welcomed better in Fantasyland.

Then I saw the video of the Japan version of Pooh, and felt ripped off.

Disney Vault
04-19-2004, 02:36 PM
where can i see the video of the japan one? is it even better than the wdw version? What are the major differences?

sediment
04-19-2004, 02:42 PM
where can i see the video of the japan one? is it even better than the wdw version? What are the major differences?
1. I don't know.
2. Yes, from all who've experienced the three of them.
3. Apparently, there is no track on Tokyo's. It uses GPS to keep the honey pots (or hives?) from hitting each other in a random-looking room in which the pots/hives seem to swirl around each other as in a ballet.

Disney Vault
04-19-2004, 03:31 PM
do you think matt would ever put the money into it to make it like the tokyo one? or is it too late for that?

mrs_toad
04-19-2004, 03:49 PM
I miss the bears and I feel that I never got to give them a proper farewell. It was one of those attractions that I took for granted. And now that it is gone, I really do appreciate it a lot more.

Pooh is cute, I've been on it several times. But it is definitely and obviously chintzy. By investing more money in it they really could have made a decent attraction. The popularity (or lack of) of the attraction and short wait time says it all.