PDA

View Full Version : Question re: elevators at Howard Johnson?

CarlieB
04-18-2004, 06:36 PM
I know that not all the hotel units at the Howard Johnson have elevators - I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how many units (and which ones) do? I remember when we stayed there a few years back (Feb 2000) we were in the building towards the back of the grounds, overlooking the smaller pool and it had an elevator, but I wondered if any of the other buildings did as well? Thanks:)

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Thank you CarliB for asking this question! I will be staying at the Howard Johnson also and would rather be in a building with elevators and away from the highway. are you going to disneyland soon? maybe you could answer some questions for me when you get back, like what building is the best to stay in ,and has elevators. Thanks much, look forward to hearing about your trip, and also the motel.
Byu the way, did you like the Howard Johnson the last time you stayed there?
Thanks much ,have a great night **Karla

CarlieB
04-18-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi

Unfortunately we won't be staying there until December, which I imagine is after your trip (is that correct?).

However, I can tell you that the last time we stayed at the Howard Johnson, we really enjoyed it. It's a nice hotel (rooms are pretty large, with good bathrooms) with lovely landscaping, and now that they have refurbished the pool areas, I think it will be even better. We haven't stayed there since 2000 (other times we've been travelling with friends and trying out other hotels), but I am pleased to be returning there this year. I had no problems recommending it to my extended family, who will be staying there also.
Hope that helps:)

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Thank you so much, I will be going in August and my travel agent tried to change our hotels as he said we could get one cheaper, but I just felt lead to stay with the howard Johnson. It looks pretty nice. Have a great trip in November, I will be sure to look around for all the elevators just in case ok. Have a Good night **karla

jazzjunkie
04-19-2004, 04:07 AM
I don't know if this helps. Both my stays at the HoJo have landed me in the block with the gift shop, on a decently high floor (king, nonsmoking). There are 2 elevators in that block I believe.

ref: I stayed there in June & Dec 2003 and am hoping to stay there again this June if I can get a non-smoking room, which seems unlikely at the moment.