PDA

View Full Version : DCA Question

THE REF
04-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Does DCA open 30 minutes early prior to the published time and if it does is Soarin open at that time? Wondering if it is possible to ride soarin 30 minutes early then be in line for TOT at the offficial opening?

CarlieB
04-18-2004, 03:06 PM
I know that you can get into DCA half an hour early (and ride Soarin') if you are staying at the Grand Californian Hotel. Not sure if it's possible if you are staying elsewhere though.

THE REF
04-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks Carlie, Anybody else have thoughts on this?

ozbeauticn
04-18-2004, 03:56 PM
I've been able to get on Soarin before DCA officially opened without staying at the Grand Californian, however I've also gotten on it and it didnt start up right and I didnt get off until after the park was open. So basically, you won't be able to know for sure. Plus, if you get into DCA a half an hour early.. Everyone else will too and they'll be lining up for ToT while you go on Soarin. So either way, you won't be first in line for ToT by any means.

Good luck!

yobbie
04-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I suppose you could go stand in line for TOT and have someone from your party run and get Soarin' fastpasses for everyone...(if they can get back into the queue)

Ohana33
04-18-2004, 05:20 PM
last summer i used to open a lot of shifts in golden state and soarin' opened for hotel guests only. they would rope off hollywood and the other areas until the park officially opened. so if you were, hypothetically, to get on soarin' 30 minutes early, theres a chance you'd miss the opening of the hollywood area and tons of people would get in front. i would go with the previous posters recommendation and get a fastpass early and then bolt over to hollywood.
(this was the case last year, and i haven't opened any shifts since, so it may not still be true for guests at the grand californian)

THE REF
04-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Good info guys, Thanks alot.