PDA

View Full Version : Packages ?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-18-2004, 12:33 PM
I recall at my last trip, October 2002, that we were able to send any packages that we had purchased in the park, to the front for pickup at the end of the day. This was a nice feature as I love the little Pooh shop in the back near the exit of Splash Mountain, I assume it is still there with the addition of the Pooh ride. Is this feature still available? I would have to have to forgo shopping there because I would have to carry my packages, I am not comfortable leaving them in the basket of my stroller all day. Guess I could put them in my locker, but I always get a locker at the front of the park. Anyway, hope I can still send my packages to the front.

masilly1
04-18-2004, 02:07 PM
We tried to do this when we were there in Jan. of this year when my son bought a HUGE space ship from the Star Wars store and were told they no longer take packages to the front for end of day pickup.
If you are a guest of one of the Disney hotels, they can have it delivered to your room for you
I also LOVED this and am quite unhappy that it is no longer avail. to those of us who can not afford to stay at the Disney hotels
LOL!!
:p

uberfrau
04-18-2004, 02:27 PM
While its not nearly as convenient, you can walk the package up to the counter/kiosk at the front yourself and they will hold it for you. At least, they were doing this up to a couple of months ago.

cstephens
04-19-2004, 11:11 AM
What used to be known as "package express" is now more accurately "package hold it for you". At Disneyland, you can take your purchases up to the little shopping counter at the front of the park (the one that you can access without actually going into Disneyland), fill out some forms, and they will hold them for you for the day. I think there were a couple other places in DL that were doing that too previously, but I don't remember. In DCA, take your purchases to Engine-Ears Toys at the front of the park.

JenGood008
04-19-2004, 05:03 PM
What used to be known as "package express" is now more accurately "package hold it for you".

This is true. There are a few locations around the park, just be sure to ask a CM which ones are available for the service. If they aren't sure, ask them to call a lead, who should be able to help you. Package express was really convenient, but this is the closest we'll get for now!

cstephens
04-19-2004, 05:10 PM
I don't believe that the Newsstand is one of the locations anymore.

It was two weeks ago.

JenGood008
04-19-2004, 05:13 PM
It was two weeks ago.

Ok...sorry...didn't mean to upset anyone.

That's just the info I got in training, which was less than stellar :| .

I fixed my post so no one gets confused. If I can find the exact locations out soon I will post them :) I hope you have a great trip no matter what!!