PDA

View Full Version : Hi-res aerial photo

Pages : [1] 2

Darren
04-18-2004, 07:30 AM
Found this out there, thought some of you might be interested:

aerial photo of property (www.zansstuff.com/aerialdl.html)

shows some nice detail and makes me wish I was there!

nightdesigns
04-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Found this out there, thought some of you might be interested:

aerial photo of property (www.zansstuff.com/aerialdl.html)

shows some nice detail and makes me wish I was there!

I like how that one has the streets labeled.

If you want a little more recent version (DTD and DCA finished building, check out: http://members.shaw.ca/getbak/dlr.jpg

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 08:35 AM
wow ! I liked this picture, thanks for posting it,Have a great day**Karla

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 08:42 AM
you know that put a lot into the perspective of where the disneyland hotels are and how far I must go to get to goofys and such. I thank you so much as I really got the full picture of how big this place is LOL! Great picture. have any more ? :) thanks **Karla

sleepyjeff
04-18-2004, 08:54 AM
Is DCA really that Brown, or is this a photo taken durring the later part of construction?

justagrrl
04-18-2004, 09:05 AM
It's funny because, from the photo, DCA seems to have more water. In person though, my perception has always been that Disneyland has more water. Maybe because it's more active with things on it whereas DCA's water doesn't have any ride (like a boat or something) with it.

sleepyjeff
04-18-2004, 09:24 AM
Actually, I think Disneyland does have more water. Rivers of America would look larger except for the many trees hanging over it. The Jungle Cruise is completely covered by trees, and the SubLagoon has so many bridges (monorail/autopia/rocketrod) over it, it looks smaller than it is. Also, don't forget that the Pirates of the Caribean is Inside .

MickeyLumbo
04-18-2004, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=Darren]Found this out there, thought some of you might be interested:

:D sure am! my parents bought their first house on Hampshire Street and a year later i was born. as i grew up, i could watch the baloon releases from the original "Fantasy on Parade" during Christmas, could see the giant Christmas Star atop the Matterhorn, could hear the Mark Twain whistle, the Columbia cannon, and at night could watch Tinkerbell's flight and Fantasy in the Sky (our curfew). thanks for the memories~ :)

TheatreTech
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
If you want a little more recent version (DTD and DCA finished building, check out: http://members.shaw.ca/getbak/dlr.jpg

...is that a baseball diamond atop the ESPN Zone?

MickeyLumbo
04-18-2004, 12:04 PM

great eye! i think you're right.

justagrrl
04-18-2004, 12:07 PM

OMG! It sure looks like it! What an interesting tid bit of knowledge. :)

yobbie
04-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Did y'all notice what greets you from the air if you look just above Katella on Disneyland Drive?

MickeyLumbo
04-18-2004, 12:32 PM
Did y'all notice what greets you from the air if you look just above Katella on Disneyland Drive?

oh yes, now i see it, clear as day! very cool. thanks :p

justagrrl
04-18-2004, 12:33 PM

heh heh - I was just browsing the photo some more and saw that. What a great hidden mickey!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-18-2004, 12:45 PM
That is really neat. I always love flying in to SNA and seeing the park.

Slate
04-19-2004, 06:38 AM
What is that BIG White structure outside DL. That thing is HUGE.
Compared to the DL hotel or even GC its massive.

yobbie
04-19-2004, 07:06 AM
What is that BIG White structure outside DL
If you mean the one off to the left, it's the Mickey and Friends Parking lot.

Slate
04-19-2004, 07:33 AM
If you mean the one off to the left, it's the Mickey and Friends Parking lot.

I thought the Parking Lot was the small one by DCA.

Man that thing can hold all :eek: 3 DL hotels.

carnation dave
04-19-2004, 07:38 AM
:) Great photo!! I am fascinated by aerial views. It gives a great new perspective of where things are. It appears to have been taken during the latter stages of completion of DCA. Thanks!

yobbie
04-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Yep..the small one by DCA is a parking lot...the Timon Parking lot. That huge ol' thing is M&F

sediment
04-19-2004, 08:27 AM
Probably September - November of the year before DCA opened, at about 1:30 PM. (I'm not too good at shadows, but that's my guess.)
However, someone with a memory about the Southbound I-5 Flyover (top left of picture) completion dates might have a better idea. It doesn't appear finished.

Look how long that walk is to Indy!

Kevy Baby
04-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Is DCA really that Brown, or is this a photo taken durring the later part of construction?No one every answered your question: DCA looks brown in the OP's photo because DCA is still under contruction in that one.

In nightdesigns's link (the second poster), the photo is more recent. DCA is open, and contruction has begun on ToT.

Cadaverous Pallor
04-19-2004, 09:43 AM
However, someone with a memory about the Southbound I-5 Flyover (top left of picture) completion dates might have a better idea. It doesn't appear finished.Looks done to me. That lighter gray strip down the center of the street is the flyover. DCA looks complete. Notice the dirt area where the Tower is now. I would guess that they are prepping the ground to put the Tower in, so what.....a year ago maybe?

I can't help but wonder if we were at the park the day this was taken.
:fez:

sediment
04-19-2004, 10:22 AM
I was looking closer to the freeway. Yes, that long gray strip is a part of the "flyover, but right next to the freeway, it doesn't look paved.

Kevy Baby
04-19-2004, 10:30 AM
CP & Sed: I think you are comparing two different photos:

In the first photo from the OP (Darren), the photo is clearly during original contruction of DCA. DCA is definitely not open, and the flyway, while visible is unusable (no asphalt).

I think CP is looking at the second photo (from nightdesigns). I say this because you mention the dirt patch for the contruction of ToT. That is indeed visible in the second photo, but the first photo, that area is paved for contruction parking.