PDA

View Full Version : Getting around DL

MeganPierce
04-17-2004, 05:50 PM
I am making my first trip to DL next month. We are staying at the DL hotel. I have 2 young kids and I am wondering what the easiest way to enter the parks is. Can a DLH guest cut though PP or GC to get to DCA? Is the best way to get in to DL by monorail or though DTD? Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, Megan

Quinten27
04-17-2004, 05:54 PM
If your staying at the DLH, the easiest, and closest way to get into the park is to take the monorail. It is a short walk from the Hotel, and the line is usually shorter than at the main gate. You can cut through either the GC or DTD to get into DCA, but it is a bit of a walk.

disneydreams
04-17-2004, 08:15 PM
If your staying at the DLH, the easiest, and closest way to get into the park is to take the monorail.
Just wanna clarify, Quinten27 is referring to Disneyland Park, when he's saying "the park." :D

and...

Just a follow-up for DCA:

If you go through the GCH to get into DCA, you won't end up at the main entrance of DCA. You'll end up in the Golden State Area, more specifically, I think in the Grizzly Peak Recreation Area/Condor Flats Area...

But going through the GCH is a good way to get out of the sun espcially if it's during the late afternoon. I'm not sure about the entrance from the PPH to DCA, but I'm assuming you end up in the Paradise Pier section of DCA. Either way, it's a rather long walk as the previous poster said. You don't necessarily have to be a GCH or PPH guest to take the special entrances, you just need your park ticket.

But since it's your first trip, go through the main entrance for the first time. It'll make it more special. :)

Hope you enjoy your first visit to DLR and welcome to MousePad. :)

wendybeth
04-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Be sure to identify yourselves as DL hotel guests*; when we stayed there, hotel guests got to sort of 'fastpass' the regular line waiting for the monorail. It lets you out at Tomorrowland, which is pretty central to everything. We were just at DL last week and the lines at the main gate were very long, all day long, so I would take the monorail route! (Provided they are working, of course). Have a really great time!:)

*You'll need to use your hotel ID, so be sure to bring it with you!

Tinker Bell
04-17-2004, 08:58 PM
One thing the PPH gate is near the road where you enter the GCH parking YOU NEED PPH room key to get in the first gate.unless someone is around and leaves it open for you (rare).Best to take front or GCH entrance.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-17-2004, 09:00 PM
We are going next month as well, not our first trip, well it will be my 9 month olds first trip.
I think you have some great answers to your questions.

I have one for those that replied. Someone said that you do not have to be a resort hotel guest to use the entrances other than the main entrance. Part of our party is not staying a Disney property, could they enter through one of the hotel entrances, even if they are not with guests staying at the resort?

Tinker Bell
04-17-2004, 09:03 PM
I live down here now andhave and AP.When my friends stayed at the hotels I was able to get in with them.They did not seem to care as long as you have a ticket to get in.

disneydreams
04-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Be sure to identify yourselves as DL hotel guests*; when we stayed there, hotel guests got to sort of 'fastpass' the regular line waiting for the monorail. It lets you out at Tomorrowland, which is pretty central to everything. We were just at DL last week and the lines at the main gate were very long, all day long, so I would take the monorail route! (Provided they are working, of course). Have a really great time!:)

*You'll need to use your hotel ID, so be sure to bring it with you!

YEAH! omg I totally forgot about that. In Tomorrowland, they call it the Express Monorail, but really you're on the same monorail, you just cut right in front of everyone else in the regular line. The regular line's really long, so you'll definitely want to take advantage of that, so you can get on the next monorail and get to DTD or DLH much quicker. The express monorail line is kind of near the exit of Autopia. If you do some exploring in Tomorrowland, you'll find it hopefully. So, keep your hotel key with you at all times.