PDA

View Full Version : How to get a large fold-out map of Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
04-17-2004, 10:28 AM
I was told here by some one I should get to know the lay of the land before I get there and I really agree. Please, I need a large fold out map of disneyland and DCA can any one here help me in locating one? I see there are several maps on the web, but I can not print them out in full( my computer will not do the complete page! I also have very bad eye sight so I need to get a large map and mark all the places I want to go on this map( resturants I can go to, and also easier routs to take so its not as hard on the kids trying to find things. thanks **Karla

SCUBAbe
04-17-2004, 10:33 AM
I was told here by some one I should get to know the lay of the land before I get there and I really agree. Please, I need a large fold out map of disneyland and DCA can any one here help me in locating one? I see there are several maps on the web, but I can not print them out in full( my computer will not do the complete page! I also have very bad eye sight so I need to get a large map and mark all the places I want to go on this map( resturants I can go to, and also easier routs to take so its not as hard on the kids trying to find things. thanks **Karla

I have a daily guide that folds out of both parks. It has show times and what attractions are where inside the parks. The show times may change, but it will give you the map. If you want it I can mail it to you. Just give me where you want it mailed to... sasi1_29 at yahoo dot com.

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
They do give you a rather large map when you enter. You might be able to get Disneyland to send you one, ahead of time. I don't know for sure that they would but it's worth a shot. If not, I would imagine someone here could figure out a way to get one to you.

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-17-2004, 10:38 AM
See what I mean? :)

(nice simulpost, SCUBAbe)

Hakuna Makarla
04-17-2004, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much SCUBAbe!! I sent you an email and I want to let you know I will be forever grateful! with finding everything now instead of running around like mad when we get there we may find the best vacation ever ! God Bless you **Karla

SCUBAbe
04-17-2004, 11:06 AM
Thank you so much SCUBAbe!! I sent you an email and I want to let you know I will be forever grateful! with finding everything now instead of running around like mad when we get there we may find the best vacation ever ! God Bless you **Karla

No problem...it's all ready to go out in Mondays mail.

NirvanaMan
04-17-2004, 01:02 PM
It seems like you want to find out every possible tiny detail about the park before you ever go there. For what it's worth, you might enjoy your first magical experience more if something is left to surprise. If every detail is intrically and methodically mapped out, the whole experience begins to lose something. Part of the fun is the simple wonder, awe and the whole discovery process...

...for what its worth.

Hakuna Makarla
04-17-2004, 05:37 PM
wrong!!!! if you have an autistic child and need to find where everything is and access to and from resturants etc with out having to look and walk in all directions then by all means do not familiarize your self, but for me I know with my child he will not want to walk amlessly around til we find goofys kitchen, or walk around until we come across the tea cups he so wants to go on.With an autistic child you need to plan more stratgic routs, and be on your toes as to when he may become to over stimulated. Do I not take him because of this fact? no, I plan on where to go to get the most benifit, and how to access these erea's with walking around until I find them. Unlike you I can not just roam, I must make dicisions on wheere to go, what to see and how to do this in a appropriate time limit. with all children they get tired during the day, with an Autistic child, they get over loaded faster and with this in mind I am blessed to have come across some great people who are understanding enough to know where we are at, and that planning is important to those with handicapped kids. Afterall is not disney land for the young, and young at heart?
I am a single mom/ grandmother who is not only looking forward to making her daughter and her grandson( now son) happy in every way, but also making sure our trip is not so stressed out because of tantrums and the such by not knowing where I am going and why we could not get to a given place because I did not either know where it was a, or the fact I did but could not find a short cut to the place we were sent out on going to because it was to far for us to walk to after to long a day.That is why I want to know exactly how to get to goofys kitchen from our motel, and the easiest path to take, if there is trains and the such in the park that will make our way there easier, or to toon town etc. so you see, knowing what I am doing and where I am headed is as important to me as the trip its self.

-------------
with out info your path is un sure

Quinten27
04-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Just FYI, another easy way to get a large map is to go to the disneyland website and sign up to have them send you a vacation planning video. They send the video free of charge, it is just a short 15 minute Disneyland commercial, but it comes with several brochures, including a full size fold up map. It took about 2-3 weeks to get the video and brochures.

zapppop
04-18-2004, 02:35 AM
wrong!!!!
Yes you are.http://members.aol.com/mreurodisney/images/wink.gif
This is a message board. Someone else can post an opinion different than yours and be just as right.

You make this trip sound like total hell. I don't want to discourage people from visiting Disneyland. Going to a Disney resort for the first time is supposed to be fun & full of discovery and excitement, but, if you have to anylize every tiny detail to death and worry that much about crowds, restaurants & such, why bother going ? You probably won't have any fun. I think that is what NirvanaMan was trying to say earlier.

Tigertail777
04-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Zapp, I know where you are coming from and what yer saying.... but you obviously have never tried to take a autistic child anywhere... she is right you DO have to anaylize every single detail in order to make a trip even halfway enjoyable. My sister takes care of autistic kids in school, I have seen first hand this works and it can get really ugly really fast. It is definately best for her to figure out all details before hand in this case. Especially if there will be any kind of major crowds that could quickly turn into a very ugly situation. Its not that she is trying to know the details just for trivia, or to show off or anything as many Disney fans do, she has a legitimate reason she really needs to know for. I understand that its a sort of unwritten rule to "just go and enjoy" but not everyone can do that for one reason or another... ALL rules have exceptions.

Leap for Joy
04-18-2004, 06:23 AM
I think Karla is doing everything possible to make sure that the kids have fun. She isn't planning this vacation for herself, she's planning it around her kids. They wont know that she's analyzed every detail, they'll just get to experience a seamless vacation. She wont have to focus on where she's going next and how to get there, instead she'll be able to focus on her kids' moods and enjoy the fact that they're having the time of their life!

My sister plans vacations this way because she has so many children. Making decisions on the fly is hard when you have expectant eyes looking up at you, having them made in advance actually allows more freedom for her to have fun.

THE REF
04-18-2004, 06:25 AM
I couldn't agree more. Seems like she's asked every question in the books. I got raked over the coals for asking one too many lodging questions. Was told to go to the reviews section of which there is no mention of the particular inn I would like to stay at.
While I do sympathize with a child that has a disability and needs extra supports I can't help but wonder if this person is biting off more than she can chew.
Taking her daughter and grandson which it appears she has taken custody away from the mother to raise as her own now as a single mother leads me to believe that the family has some serious moral issues. Where's the father? Can he not be included in the plans? Neither one of the two have been able to keep a man. A cycle has been established here.
Are entitlements involved?
I have a problem with people who are on the handout system but then spend on luxury items of which A Disneyland trip is. Has other avenues been explored such as a trip provided by Dream Factory? If indeed you have a chapter in your area it should be looked into.

It seems like you want to find out every possible tiny detail about the park before you ever go there. For what it's worth, you might enjoy your first magical experience more if something is left to surprise. If every detail is intrically and methodically mapped out, the whole experience begins to lose something. Part of the fun is the simple wonder, awe and the whole discovery process...

...for what its worth.

Leap for Joy
04-18-2004, 06:33 AM
Hey Ref, you made a LOT of hurtful assumptions there. We do not know anything more about the situation than the fact that Karla has taken responsibility of a special needs child. That doesn't sound like someone of questionable morals to me. Also, she's doing everything in her power to give the kids a wonderful experience, and she's willing to put her needs on the back-burner to do so. That doesn't sound like poor parenting to me.
Back up and re-evaluate please!!

THE REF
04-18-2004, 06:47 AM
I don't believe so. It's quite possible that I have hit the nail on the head. Do you really think that someone would honestly say that no I'm not on welfare, wic or what have you? I just find it odd that a single parent would then take on the burden of raising another single parents child. Must be some sort of reason. Financial possibly? If it was for financial reasons on the part of her daughter then why on earth would they be going to Disneyland in the first place? Please forgive me for offering my opinion on this subject. There are more than one way to look at things.

Hey Ref, you made a LOT of hurtful assumptions there. We do not know anything more about the situation than the fact that Karla has taken responsibility of a special needs child. That doesn't sound like someone of questionable morals to me. Also, she's doing everything in her power to give the kids a wonderful experience, and she's willing to put her needs on the back-burner to do so. That doesn't sound like poor parenting to me.
Back up and re-evaluate please!!

Leap for Joy
04-18-2004, 07:02 AM
I just find it odd that a single parent would then take on the burden of raising another single parents child. Must be some sort of reason.
There are some people in the world who will do so out of love, or just out of concern for the child. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting someone like this, I hope you do soon. It could give you a whole new way of looking at things.

stan4d_steph
04-18-2004, 07:02 AM
Discuss the subject matter, not the poster. If you don't have any helpful information to provide, move along to another topic.

Leap for Joy
04-18-2004, 07:06 AM
I got raked over the coals for asking one too many lodging questions.
I'm sorry this happened. These boards are usually friendlier than that.

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 07:34 AM
Taking her daughter and grandson which it appears she has taken custody away from the mother to raise as her own now as a single mother leads me to believe that the family has some serious moral issues. Where's the father? Can he not be included in the plans? Neither one of the two have been able to keep a man. A cycle has been established here.
Are entitlements involved?
I have a problem with people who are on the handout system but then spend on luxury items of which A Disneyland trip is. Has other avenues been explored such as a trip provided by Dream Factory? If indeed you have a chapter in your area it should be looked into.
---------------------------------------------
Boy I guess I hit a sore spot for some one,
well here's the story ok,
I am 45 wrok for a living, and my husband died a horrible death.
My son introduced me to a woman who said she was pregnant by my son, she says she is nineteen ( she is only 15) but looks 25. She has the baby, refuses to feed him because she is mentally ill,( and begins to throw him around) my son brings him to me and asks me to care for him as he is afraid the mom will kill him. I fought long and hard for this child, The mom now says he was never my sons but some one else we know and who in fact it turns out it is. I have raised this baby for 3 years, since he was a month old, I do not care who he belongs to as he is my grandson ! I work full time, never lived off assistance, and my son does help with the baby! He is a good dad, takes him on outings and such but I am his mother now, I pay the bills and I work for a living. I want to take a trip to make his life wonderful and my daughters and should I not be able to because you presume differently?
--------------
----------------
You obviouly have problems prusuming things about others and are not a happy camper in order to make some one else sad.
If I want to ask questions , and figure out every detail before I go ,why does this bother you? I have come to know some wonderful people here in just the last several weeks that I think are pretty darn special, and I thank them for putting up with my many questions, if my questions bother you please do not post where i post. I am not out to make you mad, I am out to make sure I can figure out a good plan so all our vacation will be a blessing and not turn out to be a hardship. I take it you do not have children? or do not know some one with a special child?
I could care less about crowds, or the fact we are going at the buisest time of year, I am just concerned for paths to take, where to get to the resturants with out having to take the long way, knowing what I am doing ahead of time is a way of life for me now, not a choice but a decision .
---------------------------
I just find it odd that a single parent would then take on the burden of raising another single parents child. Must be some sort of reason. Financial possibly? If it was for financial reasons on the part of her daughter then why on earth would they be going to Disneyland in the first place
------------------------------
Wow, I think you should look into your heart and find out what lies beneath bud.
People everyday take on children because they have a love and burdon.And about my son, he is a wonderful kid, works hard,and plays a big part in this boys life.Shame on you for assuming we are anything but who you want us to be, a welfare mom who takes on kids for money and then takes stupid trips, or a son who is not responsible.. Shame on you and your mentality!!
I will pray for you to have more of a gift of love and less an hateful spirit.Take care **Karla

04-18-2004, 07:49 AM
Let's all take a deep cleansing breath. Remember that on MousePad it's okay to attack the message, never the messenger.

karlahart has a big undertaking ahead of her. Her visit to Disneyland has to be like a commando raid. She'll have her targets pinpointed, get in, do her thing, and get out.

With Padders expertise, she'll find her planning easier.

THE REF
04-18-2004, 08:12 AM
I didn't assume anything. Just raised a possible question. Karlahart has attacked the messenger instead of the issue. They seem to have more problems than I anticipated. I will pray for them and wish them a safe and happy trip.

Let's all take a deep cleansing breath. Remember that on MousePad it's okay to attack the message, never the messenger.

karlahart has a big undertaking ahead of her. Her visit to Disneyland has to be like a commando raid. She'll have her targets pinpointed, get in, do her thing, and get out.

With Padders expertise, she'll find her planning easier.

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 08:12 AM
oh and by the way, when you adopt a child, you get no money for said child, and also it cost me 12 thousand dollars to fight for this wonderful child !( mom wanted him in an institution because she did not want me to have him) she did not fight to keep him, she fought to throw him away!! She let me have him for 2 years and did not even come to see him one time.She then was told he was Autistic and decided to take me to court for custody because she relized she could get money for him beings he was handicapped.
I had to fight the state, her and people like you so hthis sweet child would not spend his life suffering.
when she found out she would not be getting him with out a fight, she decided to involve the state to have the right to institutionilize him because she was the parent and had all the rights! well it did not work, the judge found her to be unfit,and as he said, not fit to ever have the love of a child.
I won, and adopted him the same month! The Cost of this ordeal ???, money is not as important as taking care of Gods children, and yes some times its hard, but people like me have better rewards, love, laughter, and peace.
HAve a blessed day and bless some one else as you go thru your day :) **Karla
would you like to see a picture of him?

http://public.fotki.com/fuzzhead45/

THE REF
04-18-2004, 08:16 AM
I would be interested in hearing the other parties story. There are always two sides you know.

oh and by the way, when you adopt a child, you get no money for said child, and also it cost me 12 thousand dollars to fight for this wonderful child !( mom wanted him in an institution because she did not want me to have him) she did not fight to keep him, she fought to throw him away!! She let me have him for 2 years and did not even come to see him one time.She then was told he was Autistic and decided to take me to court for custody because she relized she could get money for him beings he was handicapped.
I had to fight the state, her and people like you so hthis sweet child would not spend his life suffering.
when she found out she would not be getting him with out a fight, she decided to involve the state to have the right to institutionilize him because she was the parent and had all the rights! well it did not work, the judge found her to be unfit,and as he said, not fit to ever have the love of a child.
I won, and adopted him the same month! The Cost of this ordeal ???, money is not as important as taking care of Gods children, and yes some times its hard, but people like me have better rewards, love, laughter, and peace.
HAve a blessed day and bless some one else as you go thru your day :) **Karla
would you like to see a picture of him?

http://public.fotki.com/fuzzhead45/pictures_of_family/

yobbie
04-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Karla~
One thing we do, especially when it's particularly crowded, is take the side paths. For example, along the main walkway from It's A Small World toward the main part of Fantasyland, there's a side walkway that is soooo much less congested. On the side of Rancho Del Zocalo, there's a path toward the hub, in front of the Haunted Mansion, take the lower path along the Rivers of America, take the Big Thunder Trail, etc. I don't think they're all shown on the map, but many of the main walkways have them.

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 08:26 AM
cool! thanks much, I will look for this path. every little bit helps LOL! :) Have a wonderful day **Karla