PDA

View Full Version : New Update-Trip Report 4/16

bassett1976
04-16-2004, 09:09 PM
This afternoon I went with the future Mrs. Bassett for our weekly trip. We decided to take a walk down to the monorail station at DTD and enter the park via Tomorrowland. We were fortunate enough to make the trip in the front of the monorail. It was quite exciting. The monorail driver (or is it captain?) gave some wonderful news to us while on our trip.

First, it seems that the monorails run two safety checks during the day. They perform the check once in the morning and once in the afternoon. They do a test on the emergency breaking system to double check to see if it works. It was nice spending some extra time looking around Fantasy Land from the monorail.

Second, I got a chance to ask him about the new monorails. He said that they should have a new fleet of four monorails by 2007. They have taken monorail orange off line to serve as the prototype for the new monorails. He didn't think that they would change much in design. The new monorails should be coming in one at a time until the last one is delivered in 2007.

Finally, someone else asked what the track next to the monorail track was for (Referring to the Rocket Rods track or the old People Mover). He said that there are some early plans to try and replace the Rocket Rods ride with an updated version of the People Move. *S* Nothing has been finalized yet though.

Other than that the trip was uneventful. Today was quite busy with too many people in the park to get into the lines. We will have to make another trip after Spring Break.

DisneyFan25863
04-16-2004, 10:57 PM
Second, I got a chance to ask him about the new monorails. He said that they should have a new fleet of four monorails by 2007. They have taken monorail orange off line to serve as the prototype for the new monorails. He didn't think that they would change much in design. The new monorails should be coming in one at a time until the last one is delivered in 2007.

Finally, someone else asked what the track next to the monorail track was for (Referring to the Rocket Rods track or the old People Mover). He said that there are some early plans to try and replace the Rocket Rods ride with an updated version of the People Move. *S* Nothing has been finalized yet though.

I believe that he had mistaken new monorails for rehabed monorails. They are slowly rebuliding each monorail one by one, not getting new ones. They already tried, and the company that makes them didn't want to do it.

Also, the people mover rumors have been there for years. In order to do that, the track and it's supports would have to be completly replaced. The Rocket Rods basically ruined the track that was ment for a slow ride at the blazing speed of 3MPH, not the fast paced rods.