PDA

View Full Version : 8.92/night at Alamo Inn!!!! (Travelocity Glitch)

MansionMatt
04-16-2004, 07:44 AM
longtime lurker, occasional poster.

i'm moving to CA in late june and so for fun (and to kill time at work) I put in my birthday (and Disneyland's birthday) in Travelocity to see about getting a hotel room near Disneyland for my birthday night.

I sorted the listings by price...and the Alamo Inn and Suites came up at an 8.92/night rate!!!!

I made the reservation superfast and got it...with tax, it's about $11!!!! and the reciept says it's pre-paid so the rate is guaranteed!

i just searched again and it's still there...just letting y'all know. i tried for the night before but didn't get the same rate. :)

hope this helps,
matt

MansionMatt
04-16-2004, 08:14 AM
just to clarify--this was for July 17, 2004 and leaving on July 18.

and i just read all the somewhat negative stuff about the alamo inn online. i was so excited to get such a weird rate that i didn't even do the research. oh well--i guess at $10, the price is right! :)

Disneykid
04-16-2004, 09:49 AM
As long as they have hot water and a clean bed! I think $10 is sweet!! Way to go!! Keep us posted on how you think it is for $10!!!

Zigen
04-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I booked it for 10 bucks. Not 100% sure if we will go that night but if we don't, its only a 10 dollar loss (25 cancellation fee... don't cancel!). I called up my brother to see if he wanted a room, he agreed, i typed in the date but the 10 dollar deal was gone! They might have fixed the glitch...

Zigen
04-16-2004, 10:13 AM
I was looking at the reservations and it says "Standard Family Suite". I wonder if thats better than a standard room?

Anyone know if this hotel is neaby Paridise Pier? From the map on yahoo it look like it would be on that side (if im seeing this correctly). If so, could we walk into Paridise Pier and into the park from there?

Black Pearl
04-16-2004, 10:46 AM
I think "the glitch" has been fixed. I typed the same dates in and it's like $50.00 or something. Please post if anyone sees it again. I will be in at Catalina Island from the 10th through the 17th and would like to end my trip with a cheap visit to the park. :)

Quinten27
04-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Yes, it is near the PP hotel, but only guests of the PP hotel can use the PP entrance. You have to use your room key to get through a locked gate to get to that entrance. You could still go through the Grand Californian and enter into DTD and on to the main entry gates, that would probably be quicker than walking around the other way. It would also be easy enough to walk strait down to DTD and catch the Monorail.

Here are a couple links to a maps that shows the Alamo's exact location.

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

This second map doesn't show the Alamo, but will give you a good idea of how far a walk it is. (The Alamo is across the street from the parking lot in the lower left corner)

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/images/hotels2.jpg

Hope this helps!