PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotels

Hakuna Makarla
04-15-2004, 06:43 PM
are they very far from the main gate? do I need to walk very far to get to either one? we want to eat at goofy's, then we want to go to the grand californian.
we are staying at the howard johnson and we will walk some any way to get to the park, just do not want to walk 2 miles! should we just take a taxi? do shuttles take us to these places,also is there a tram or train that is by the main gate to take us around? thanks again **Karla

CarlieB
04-15-2004, 06:50 PM
The HoJo is about 7 minutes walk from the main gates. I don't think they have their own shuttle anymore, but I believe they are serviced by one of the ART shuttles that stop at most of the hotels.

The DL train is just inside the DL gates, and goes around DL, with a couple (2? 3?) stops. There is also the monorail, which has stops in DL (Tomorrowland) and Downtown Disney)

The Grand Californian is accessible from Downtown Disney (I think the entrance is near Sephora, is that right?) and DCA (opposite Grizzly).

Hope that helps:)

Zigen
04-16-2004, 08:24 AM
What you might want to consider is taking a taxi to the DL hotel or take a bus if available. It isn't that far from the Hojo, not sure what the price would be though. This saves you some walking energy when going to the park. From the hotels main entrance, Goofy's diner is about 100 feet away. After breakfast just hop onto the monorail , it will take you directly into tomorrowland (saves you another walk there). The only downside to the monorail is if you have a stroller, you have to fold it up during the ride and you still have to have it folded when exiting the ride till you get to the ground level. The escalator doesnt fit big strollers going down, they do fit smaller umbrella strollers. I would suggest packing lightly if your going to go this route though.

Quinten27
04-16-2004, 08:31 AM
The only downside to the monorail is if you have a stroller, you have to fold it up during the ride and you still have to have it folded when exiting the ride till you get to the ground level. The escalator doesnt fit big strollers going down, they do fit smaller umbrella strollers.

If you have a stroller, skip the escalator and use the elevator. That is what we did, and it was very helpful. That way we were able to keep our baby in the stroller until right before we got on, and we put him right back in after we got off.