PDA

View Full Version : Question on meal packages

Hakuna Makarla
04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
we got the donalds plan, and my question is, what does it mean?
I know we get one charector meal, but what is breakfast in the park? ( just a coupon that says we can have a meal in the park? and where? )
also what do we do with all the vouchers? just for meals or can we spend them on anything in the park? thanks **Karla

tjrj
04-15-2004, 02:39 PM
We used the meal plan for one of our trips about 3 years ago. So, the information may have changed. But here goes:

You can use the vouchers at any restaurant or shop(like Gibson Girl or Carnation, etc.) in the Parks. You can also use them at the hotel restaurants. Believe you can use them at the cart vendors as well.

You may not use the vouchers any place in DTD.

A question has come up here on MP as to whether one may use them for room service at one of the Park hotels but I don't think we ever found out for sure.

You may not receive any change back for the voucher. For example, if something is $6.83, it's best to give them a $5 voucher and pay the rest in cash rather than give up a $10 voucher.

At the time 3 years ago, "Breakfast in the Park" was held in Tomorrowland. I'd had previous experience with this breakfast and we all found it to be yucky so I asked when I booked my package, if we could upgrade to another Character Breakfast. We could and did. We chose Goofy's Kitchen. I've heard that some here on MP have had success upgrading on the spot when presenting the vouchers at one of the Character Meals. If you run into trouble asking the cashier, it may be helpful to ask to speak to a lead as they may have had some experience with this-but that's just a guess.

Our character breakfast in the Park was held at the Plaza Inn, but that may have changed.

On the whole, I found the vouchers to be helpful in taking care of pre-planning some of the "meals budget". But I found them to be restrictive as well, in that we couldn't use them in DTD.

Hakuna Makarla
04-15-2004, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the info, so where do I go in case we would like to up grade from breakfast in the park and to a caractor meal? and where in heck does one go for the breakfast in the park :)

Hakuna Makarla
04-15-2004, 06:50 PM
duh, I see now LOL! thanks much **Karla
( some times I am doopy ha ha ha

Quinten27
04-16-2004, 08:37 AM
The "breakfast in the park" is at Club Buzz, they give you a yucky crossiant, egg & ham sandwich and some OJ. I've had better breakfasts at McDonalds!

But you can use your breakfast coupon for another meal at any of the other restaurants in the park. I had no problems using our "breakfast" coupons for getting Burgers at Hungry Bear.

Hakuna Makarla
04-16-2004, 02:35 PM
where is this club buzz? I wish these meal plans were not scattered o much, a person like me who has never been to disneyland can hardly find my car at a safeway parking lot. :)

Quinten27
04-16-2004, 02:45 PM
Club Buzz is the restaurant that is near the Tommorowland Monorail station. I would recommend just using the breakfast coupon for another meal, especially since most hotels already offer a free breakfast (unless your staying at a Disney hotel). Any of the vouchers are good at just about any restaurant in the park or hotel, with a very few exceptions. I found it very helpful to know that the vouchers can also be used at any of the snack carts for soda's or candy. Right before we left, we took all our unused vouchers and used them to purchase a whole bunch of candies to bring home with us.

stan4d_steph
04-16-2004, 02:49 PM
where is this club buzz? I wish these meal plans were not scattered o much, a person like me who has never been to disneyland can hardly find my car at a safeway parking lot. :) I suggest you familiarize yourself with the layout of the parks ahead of time. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation later on if you have a general idea of what stuff is where. There is an interactive map on the Disneyland website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/landing/destinationMap) (<--click the link).

Club Buzz is located in Tomorrowland. It is a counter service restaurant with outdoor patio seating. The Club Buzz dining page at the DL website can be reached by clicking this link (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/dining?id=ClubBuzzDiningPage).

Hakuna Makarla
04-17-2004, 06:00 AM
you would not believe how much I have been trying to familiarize my self with the lay of the land. the problem is I need a printable map, as I can not see good enough on the disneyland map. do you know where I can find a bigger map, one I can print out? or buy from one of the sites? thanks

Hakuna Makarla
04-17-2004, 12:38 PM
So I can use my vouchers at this place to?*** Grand Californian Hotel - Whitewater Snacks ? This place looks to have really good food at really good prices.

stan4d_steph
04-17-2004, 02:19 PM
you would not believe how much I have been trying to familiarize my self with the lay of the land. the problem is I need a printable map, as I can not see good enough on the disneyland map. do you know where I can find a bigger map, one I can print out? or buy from one of the sites? thanks I would recommend buying a guide book. If you go to any large book store you can look through them to find one that suits your needs.

Quinten27
04-17-2004, 06:02 PM
So I can use my vouchers at this place to?*** Grand Californian Hotel - Whitewater Snacks ? This place looks to have really good food at really good prices.

I have not tried to use them there, but I was able to use mine at both the PP hotel restaurant and snack bar, so I'd assume you could use them at Whitewater too.

Hakuna Makarla
04-18-2004, 11:42 AM
I would recommend buying a guide book. If you go to any large book store you can look through them to find one that suits your needs.
- ---------------------

off to look for a guide book now, thanks stan4d_steph

THE REF
04-18-2004, 02:00 PM
duh, I see now LOL! thanks much **Karla
( some times I am doopy ha ha ha

See honesty is the best policy.

04-18-2004, 04:31 PM
Reminder to all: This is a discussion of meal packages. If you disagree with a poster, debate the points in the discussion. Attacks against a poster are in violation of MousePad community policy.

THE REF
04-18-2004, 04:42 PM
3894 you are perceiving things wrong. I was merely agreeing with what the poster stated. Rules should apply to all not just the ones you share an opinion with.

04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
Rules should apply to all not just the ones you share an opinion with.

PM me, either of the two other DLR Forum moderators or any MousePad administrator if you'd like to discuss moderation policies and procedures.

Thank you,
-Helen/3894