PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room Rehab

dorkdujour
04-15-2004, 01:39 AM
does anyone know what it's going to be? is it just maintainance or are they doing anything crazy to it? :eek:

sleepyjeff
04-15-2004, 12:20 PM
From everything I ve read, it looks to be just a major rehab. I am crossing my fingers and toes that the parts of the show that were cut durring a past rehab will be returned.

:)

dorkdujour
04-15-2004, 12:21 PM
hmm what parts were cut before?

Mark Goldhaber
04-15-2004, 12:55 PM
The Offenbach number, for starters.

Tigertail777
04-15-2004, 04:46 PM
I am hoping that they dont change it.

As for things cut out... many various little one liners in the show were also cut: like the line: "if we dont make you feel like that, were gonna wind up on a ladies hat" (thats part of the tiki room song). Also the booming Hawaiian voice at the beginning has been cut down, it used to tell people not to bring in food or drinks and a few other things (the same voice right as you enter into the building that says: "welcome to Walt Disney's Tiki Room". And of course, the offenbach sequence... its a shame, but I doubt that part will be restored its just too slow for todays modern audiences to enjoy ( I like it, but it really put lots of folks to sleep)... I wouldnt mind them putting in another hawaiian themed song where the offenbach used to be though, as long as it fits the rest of the show.

I do hope they bring back some more tiki specific costume like they have had in the past, instead of the tacky khakis they have been using. And for goodness sake turn up the darn sound on the pre-show tiki Gods, and Godesses! People can hardly hear the darn things, and you used to be able to hear them all the way to the treehouse!

Of course it would be nice if they could add some new elements to the original show without changing it... "plussing" the attraction and adding to the magic as Walt used to do. And it would really rock if they could bring back tahitian terrace, and maybe even make it even more "tiki-fied" than it used to be... bring on the firedancers and Hula girls!!! :D