PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the Indy Queue

Werner
04-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Have they changed Fastpass now so that one gets to take part in the wonderfully-themed queue, or is it still a frantic race through? The queue, to me, is just as enjoyable as the ride itself, but last time I did FP it was a challenge to slow down and take it all in due to a lot of folks racing by and sort of pushing me along. Thanks for the ideas!

Ohana33
04-14-2004, 07:49 PM
i totally agree! the fastpass is still rush through but that's why people get FP- to get on and off fast. i loved when the attraction first opened and they gave you those decoder cards so you could translate the writing on the walls of the temple. very cool idea! it's definately the most creative queue

disneydreams
04-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I love the bamboo pole in the spike room. I like freaking people out. :| :D

And I like deciphering the Mara writing. Very cool.

Also all the little artifacts and map (especially where Dr. Jones' office is). Very interesting to look at when waiting.

HBTiggerFan
04-14-2004, 08:00 PM
The queue is now being used for those in the standby line. It appears that FastPass uses the exit until the well room where they are sent in a seperate line through the film room where they watch one movie (with everyone else) and then leave first to join the rest of the queue. It seems the CMs have a good system rotating the regular queue and the FP one, so theres only one group at a time that needs to see the whole film. I like the way they are running the line now, and there is no more overcrowding in Adventure walkways from the Indy line.

sediment
04-14-2004, 08:03 PM
Seems that Cast Member Matt has found a place to put bodies instead of the walkways!
What an idea! the queues are already quite detailed and immersive! It provides more show, and more show means more satisfaction!

Now, about those teacups....

3IdAlienKid
04-15-2004, 12:24 AM
I miss going past the well with the rope you can tug and hear the archaeologist w/ the British accent complain and eventually fall to the bottom. Fastpass killed that one too, as most of the time the line is not even routed past the well since it is slightly out of the way.

DCAWhites
04-15-2004, 07:20 AM
^Ever since the ride came back up from rehab, the standby line and fastpass line (merged) passed by the rope, and the entire room with the falling ceiling and bamboo stick has been full of guests. Don't know if what HB Tigger Fan said is necessarily the SOP now, but I hope it is. If they do make this the SOP, then they could eventually make the standby line wheelchair acessable (but not ECV acessable i think) by removing the stanchions that split the bridge leading up to the temple in half. However the exit is going to be quite crowded with fastpass holders coming in by the thousands per day.

Cadaverous Pallor
04-15-2004, 08:37 AM
I miss going past the well with the rope you can tug and hear the archaeologist w/ the British accent complain and eventually fall to the bottom. Fastpass killed that one too, as most of the time the line is not even routed past the well since it is slightly out of the way.Like others have basically said, this is now doable again. I pulled on that rope just the other day. :fez:

HBTiggerFan
04-15-2004, 09:48 AM
they could eventually make the standby line wheelchair acessable (but not ECV acessable i think) by removing the stanchions that split the bridge leading up to the temple in half.

I was under the impression the Indy queue was accessable up to the stairs but they didn't utilitize it because of the rampant SAP abuse and the abuse the CMs delt with from the abusers of the SAPs.

sediment
04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
"FastPass" does not mean you HAVE to run through the queue. Go at your own pace, and let other non-immersables pass you.
I don't see why anyone of reasonable physical and mental health cannot possibly wait 30 minutes in the queue, getting immersed and enjoying the details of one of the best queues in the park.

3IdAlienKid
04-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Like others have basically said, this is now doable again. I pulled on that rope just the other day.
Good to hear it's accessible again. We haven't been there in over a year now, so it'll be nice to see when we go back.