PDA

View Full Version : Smaller bananas??

disneyboy7
04-14-2004, 07:32 PM
As I was walking to BTM with my nephew and eating a chocolate covered frozen banana, it suddenly hit me ( a realization not the banana), that it used to be bigger when I was a child. Is that true? Or is it because I'm now bigger?? :confused:

disneydreams
04-14-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm not exactly sure if they changed the bananas or not but it's probably since you're bigger, the banana looks smaller when it's really the same size. Hey, a few years ago, I thought I got a huge Minnie plush doll for Christmas a few years earlier before that time, but when I asked my mom, she said that she wouldn't get me a Minnie that huge. It was just a medium sized one, not a big one.

Just an example, but surely, someone can confirm whether or not the bananas' have been the same size as before. :)

Bruce Bergman
04-14-2004, 07:46 PM
Hey, you may be on to something there - I don't think it's because you are bigger, they may have hired an MBA to run the Frozen Banana factory. :mad:

They can make an extra nickel profit if they buy the medium sized bananas instead of the large ones. They might get 100 large bananas in a case, but 120 medium ones, so there's a few cents saved. Then there's the savings in chocolate sauce and chopped nuts, and all of a sudden you are talking serious money... :rolleyes:

How does the line go? "They are stepping over dollars to pick up pennies..." :crying: And the worst part is, they think nobody notices.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--