PDA

View Full Version : CDs of Disneyland Music-Where to find?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I am interested in purchasing a CD of the music played at Disneyland. I had a record of it when I was a kid. I guess I can wait until our trip next month as I am sure that I can find one at the park, but I really would like to get one ahead of time, for the kids to listen to. I looked on ebay and didn't really find what I had in mind. If anyone has a name I could look under that, or a website to purchase one at, a link (hint hint) would be MUCH appreciated! THANKS!

ROBONICS95
04-14-2004, 02:40 PM
i found disney theme park albums on amazon about a week ago.........good luck.
www.amazon.com ;)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-14-2004, 02:53 PM
WOW I found 31 selections there. I see some collectors ones, that I might have to snatch up before they are gone.

Is there a place to get recordings of some of the bands that play there, like the piano guy, forgive me for not knowing the name, or the Dixieland bands?

DisneyDustin22
04-14-2004, 03:40 PM
I know on Main Street, the music/video shop attached to the magic shop sells CD's that feature the music played in most of the attractions, Pirates, Small World, Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion selection is pretty cool because it also offers the narration during the pre-show.

Leap for Joy
04-14-2004, 04:44 PM
Check out mouseshoppe.com -- they buy items at Disneyland for you! I ran a search for "CD", and found several albums. mouseshoppe.com (http://www.mouseshoppe.com)

Lost Boy
04-14-2004, 09:20 PM
The piano guy is Rod Miller and he has played at Coke Corner for over 23 years. The music shop on Main Street has 2 CD's by him. One solo and one with a former partner when they did two handed ragtime on one piano.

The music CD's for both Disneyland and DCA are also sold there, and the new ones are terrific.

Their new system is also pressing CD's of classic vinyl record albums, like Walt Disney's Tour of Disneyland, The Country Bear Jamboree, The Golden Horseshow Review, and many, many others.

3IdAlienKid
04-15-2004, 12:09 AM
If you're picky like me, you'll want to know that the most recent version of "The Official Album of Disneyland" (the one w/ the cover of Mickey in front of the Castle at night) has the best versions of the attractions music because the producers have taken pains to give you what's actually played in the attractions. Whereas in all other previous versions of the "Official" albums, the recordings were either made by people who had nothing to do with the original attractions recordings (like "it's a small world"), or recordings by the original musicians and singers but slightly different takes than what's actually in the attractions (like "Splash Mtn") and/or mixed differently than what's in the attractions (like "Haunted Mansion").

I like the most recent "Official" album also because it includes a lot more elements of the show than do the previous albums. In other words, you're not just getting the basic song like you would in the previous albums, but the song as it is played in the queue areas as background music, or the song as sung in several points within the show and not just from one place.

The most recent version also includes area background music played in the park but in no particular attraction. Like that music they play throughout Main St.