PDA

View Full Version : Teacups: Same old story

Moonliner
04-14-2004, 01:47 PM
On my visit to DL last week I took the opportunity to drop by City hall. The interior might be new but the story is the same old line.

Me: "Hi! I noticed that the teacups no longer spin as they used to"

CM: "Oh, they just went through a rehab and are a bit tight. They will loosen up soon."

Yea Right.

Nothing like a bold faced lie to end the day with.

... and just try to leave a written comment. I had to DEMAND the form FOUR times before the CM would hand one over.

:(

Cadaverous Pallor
04-14-2004, 02:50 PM
Ouch. http://members.aol.com/mreurodisney/images/frown.gif

Ghoulish Delight
04-14-2004, 03:35 PM
The ridiulous difficulty of getting a written complaint for is the most attroious thing going on at Disneyland right now. Talk about shooting for instant gratification over long-term satisfaction. These CMs have been trained to do anything they can to avoid a written complaint. Why? That way all the cost cutting can be justified because Disney can show with lack of paper work that complaints have been "reduced" when in fact they are just being ignored.

The Mouse Is Back
04-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Uh oh, I feel a written complaint coming on!

:~D

Tigertail777
04-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Hmmm maybe someone should smuggle out a blank complaint form and make copies to deluge them with? :~D Or even better post it on the net where tons of people can make copies... then bring them all to Disneyland. :~D :~D

David R
04-15-2004, 05:43 AM
File a written complain about how hard it is to file written complains.

Disneyphile
04-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Hmmm maybe someone should smuggle out a blank complaint form and make copies to deluge them with? :~D Or even better post it on the net where tons of people can make copies... then bring them all to Disneyland. :~D :~DThanks for the idea. ;) :~D

DisneyDaniel
04-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Similar experience for me. I went to the temporary counter inside the Opera House/exit for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln while City Hall was being refurbished. I requested to leave a written comment asking for the Tea Cups be loosened again. The friendly Cast Member had a shrugged reaction and said she's heard many people give the same comment. She said I didn't need to write it down. She said she would verbally pass along the comment to "someone who comes around at night." I politely asked for a form again, but she again did not give me a form and repeated that my suggestion would be "passed along."

Should I have kept insisting for a form until I actually received one?

justagrrl
04-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Should I have kept insisting for a form until I actually received one?

If you want someone to receive your complaint, it seems more likely that a paper version would be more official. I guess they can nearly as easily just file it in the ol' circular file ;) though.

You might try saying that something like: That's fine but I would still like to file a written complaint - repeatedly if necessary I suppose.

How effective is it to write the company vs. filing a complaint in city hall I wonder?

sediment
04-15-2004, 09:56 AM
While it was good news that Moonliner received a not-so-boiler-plate response to his complaint, it seems that City Hall still needs less Presslerism and more Cast Member Mattism.

stan4d_steph
04-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Perhaps you should just politely ask for a written complaint form without stating your reason ahead of time.

HBTiggerFan
04-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Perhaps you should just politely ask for a written complaint form without stating your reason ahead of time.

I've tried that, and they say they cannot give a written complaint form without the reason.

Here's an idea. Write out (not type) your complaint on notebook paper. When you go into City Hall to ask for a form and they refuse give them your complaint, ask them to attach it to a form and tell them you are sending a copy to Guest Relations at DL, so they will get the complaint no matter what.

stan4d_steph
04-15-2004, 01:05 PM
In that case, I wouldn't even bother with Guest Relations. I would just send a letter to Matt Ouimet and cc. any other appropriate DL or Disney people. I suppose you could turn in a copy at Guest Relations as well, but it seems like they are really just creating a barrier to the process. It sounds like the Guest Relations CMs are just doing what they are told, namely to dissuade people from filing a written complaint. Instead of pounding on the barrier, perhaps it would be good to try to go around it.

sediment
04-15-2004, 02:46 PM
It sounds like the Guest Relations CMs are just doing what they are told, namely to dissuade people from filing a written complaint.
I agree, and this needs to be changed. Less Presslerism and more CM Mattism, please.

Maybe someone's management bonus was once tied to the number of written complaints.

Mark Goldhaber
04-15-2004, 03:53 PM
Perhaps a letter to CM Matt, asking why it is so difficult to file a complaint? :~D

stitchlvr
04-18-2004, 11:11 AM
I was just there on Thursday and experienced the lack of spinning. It was very depressing. I could not even get the teacup to spin one time. So we only went on this ride once the whole trip. It used to be my daughter's favorite ride (we would go on over and over again). Instead, we had to satisfy ourselves with Roger Rabbit. I walked right into City Hall and asked for a complaint form. When I was asked what it was about, I explained how disappointing it was to come all the way from San Jose and have my daughter's favorite ride destroyed and that I wanted to file a complaint in hopes that the situation might be fixed in time for our next trip. The CM did not seem very happy, but gave me the form without trying to talk me out of it. I also filled out a compliment form for a CM at California Adventures at the same time since I had intended to do that as well. My problem is that I really don't think these complaint forms are being taken very seriously and I'm wondering if there is another more effective way to complain. I'm not sure what it would be, but I would be willing to write letters, sign a petition, whatever. Any one have any ideas?

Tigertail777
04-18-2004, 02:10 PM
Well I was more than halfway serious when I said smuggling out a copy of the form to make copies of. A) it will get the forms into the hands of people that want to make those written complaints (and compliments) and B) they will have a hard time ignoring THAT kind of deluge. C) they almost HAVE to accept those complaints if its on their own form, how do they know you didnt ask for one years ago and are just now filling it out? D) IF those complaints are starting to funnel places they shouldnt (IE being thrown away) it would be much easier to track THAT huge paper trail and watch what they really do with the complaints.

So... someone smuggle out said form and put it online where everyone can make copies, its the easiest way I can see to get around how they are trying to block the complaints.