PDA

View Full Version : Restrooms

Pages : [1] 2

zapppop
10-21-2001, 04:15 PM
Whenever I go to Disneyland, I never use any of the restrooms in the park. They're always crowded and dirty. I hate walking in them because I never know for sure if that's water on the floor, especially with those awful odors lurking around.

The best place to go is to the Disney hotels. Always clean and well kept with much fewer people making it more relaxing.

Sorry if this sounds kinda odd. Just wanted to share.

JRob2k1
10-21-2001, 04:28 PM
Ive always found the DL restrooms nicer then any other public restrooms throughout the country!!

After all it is a bathroom....its not like Im gonna eat in there!:eek:

-JRob

HBTiggerFan
10-21-2001, 04:33 PM
there are some restrooms that I will avoid unless a dire emergency. FantasayLand is the one that comes to mind immediatly. The one in Tomorrowland at the exit of Space Mtn always has huge lines. The best ones are the 2 on Main St. (espically the hidden one by the bank) and the one between Fronteir/Adventure.

Marla

mad4mky
10-21-2001, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Whenever I go to Disneyland, I never use any of the restrooms in the park. They're always crowded and dirty. I hate walking in them because I never know for sure if that's water on the floor, especially with those awful odors lurking around.

The best place to go is to the Disney hotels. Always clean and well kept with much fewer people making it more relaxing.

Sorry if this sounds kinda odd. Just wanted to share.

Wow, you go all the way out of the park to use a facility? You must be very finicky. I mean, how long do you need to stay in the restroom? Unless you have little kids?
I don't have a problem with the restrooms. The ones at DCA are especially clean. And at DL, the ones below The Hungry Bear are good, as well as the ones at NOS...and I don't mind the ones in Fantasyland...I find them better than the ones in Adventureland/Frontierland...but gee...here I am talking about restrooms...I personally don't spend too much time in them. But considering most public restrooms...these are very clean.

innerSpaceman
10-21-2001, 04:41 PM
Even better than the hidden one by the bank, is the super-hidden one across the way in the Guided Tour Garden.

Boy, do I miss the restroom that was located in the barn-like building to the rear of Big Thunder Bar-B-Que. That was a restroom from another world, the only one like it in Disneyland - huge, modern, always squeaky clean and, despite its proximity to a restaurant, always empty. The ideal theme park restroom.

(sigh)

mspangler
10-21-2001, 06:34 PM
Some of the high-use ones are not "squeaky clean" (ie. Fantasyland), but as a whole, DL restrooms are very clean.

Kudos to the CM's who keep them clean for us....I sure wouldn't want to clean restrooms all day!

HBTiggerFan
10-21-2001, 06:55 PM
I am not saying by any means that the restrooms are not kept squeeky clean. Just wanted to cover my butt. My big prob with any restroom anywhere, less so at Disneyland is the LINES!! Womens restrooms always have long lines, and its awful!!!!

Sorry, my pet peeve.

EandCDad
10-21-2001, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
Just wanted to cover my butt.

Hopefully, we are all doing that;).

SimpTwister
10-21-2001, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
The ones at DCA are especially clean.

Well, that only makes sense... restrooms become dirty from use! ;)

Thomas
10-21-2001, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by SimpTwister

Well, that only makes sense... restrooms become dirty from use! ;)

I was going to say that.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 08:30 PM
:p too funny on this discussion.....another bathroom that is usually clean/empty is the one right behind the Plaza Inn and I've never had a line in the ones up at the exit of Space Mountain... busiest ones....Toon Town hands down! the other 'hidden' ones up by the Fantasyland theater are ususally pretty empty too....and since I need the handicapped stall for my daughter the 'wait' time is important....

and ITA ...Kudos to those CM's who have the Thankless task of keeping the pottys as clean as possible....you do a wonderful job :)

Napsto
10-21-2001, 08:48 PM
when you got to go, you got to go!!!!! altough the one at the grand californian is probably number one for sure.

FEJ
10-21-2001, 09:15 PM
While they are still , for the most part, clean; i have noticed a decay in the upkeep around the resrooms in DLR.
More and more Urinals are out of order, Trash and liquid on the floor, etc...
i like the restroom between Carnation Plaza and Adventureland... or the old school one in Club 33(only been there once)

tabacco
10-21-2001, 09:17 PM
How 'bout the one in the Carnation Plaza <-> Rancho Del Zocalo tunnel? That one (at least, the Men's room) is always pretty clean because not many know about it.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 09:19 PM
hmm I haven't gone to the "happiest potties" site in a while, are those 'new' with the rehab.. I thought I knew where every potty in the park was but didn't know about those!

FEJ
10-21-2001, 09:24 PM
thats the one i was thinking of Tabacco

Napsto
10-21-2001, 09:31 PM
i also like the one behiund the hatmsophere

SimpTwister
10-21-2001, 09:54 PM
The people that clean the restrooms should make $20/hr, IMO.

Give someone minimum wage to do the crappiest (sorry) work on earth, do you think they're gonna care what the restrooms look like when they leave? Heck no, they're gonna be out of there as quickly as possible.

If someone gets fired from their restroom-cleaning job for poor performance, it's like a promotion. They can go dip fries across the street. Same pay, better work.

(I have no idea what DL restroom cleaners actually make BTW)

Napsto
10-21-2001, 10:10 PM
yea its got to be tough work.

zapppop
10-21-2001, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Napsto
when you got to go, you got to go!!!!! altough the one at the grand californian is probably number one for sure.

That's where I go !

MickeyD
10-22-2001, 12:57 AM
If it's the one I'm thinking of, I actually don't like the bathroom at Grand Californian. It is very clean but, it's way different for me, considering I'm a woman, because the "stalls" there are actually floor to ceiling doors that are always shut and the only way to tell if someone is in it is to actually try to open it. I can't explain it well, but I hate having to do this.

Morrigoon
10-22-2001, 01:39 AM
I like the privacy the full door ones afford.

My faves are now closed, the ones up on the Plaza Pavilion which are now walled over.

The ones behind the Hatmosphere are medium traffic, somewhat older crowd, and if you go about 3/4 of the way back (a must in theme park restrooms) they're usually clean and stocked.

jslivinski
10-26-2001, 12:25 PM
As someone who has recently spent alot of time cleaning stall floors at Disneyland (My daughter just couldn't pee into the potty, everytime she would pee forward, you would have thought she was a boy.), I can tell you they are not as clean as they look. Although, they are cleaner than most.

snappy
10-28-2001, 07:25 PM
The port-o-potties on Tom Sawyers Island on a warm day isn't a nice place to be if you know what I mean...

AIRLINE
10-31-2001, 01:38 PM
As a guy, I have to say "hands down" or is that "seat down" the mens bathroom over at the Grand Cali, just to the right of the front desk is the nicest in the whole resort. The stalls each have private doors that lock...and they even have a little sign on the doors to advise you if the stall is occupied. You know...green for go and red for don't come in! Another set of bathrooms that get second place are also in the Grand Cali...between Napa Rose and Whitewater Snacks. Those bathrooms are not as "upscale" as the ones adjacent to the front desk...but for those who are staying within the resort and are visting California Adventure, you can do a quick escape into the Grand Cali...grab a snack at Whitewater...which has a very nice selection and assortment of eats and treats...then hit the pot before heading back into the park. Three other favorites....the bathroom directly across from the Monorail station at Downtown Disney. We use this one just before catching the Monorail back into Disneyland. This bathroom is very clean and well stocked. Also...one at California Adventure next to Hollywood and Dine...the bathrooms are quite large and because of their "newness" are very nice and also well stocked. Another poster mentioned the bathroom in the tunnel between Frontierland and Fantasyland...and I don't know about the women's...but the men's seems new or very recently remodeled...also very nice.