PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Limited AP Pass for Kids?

Wendi
04-13-2004, 07:10 PM
OK... I live in Northern California, but really want a SoCal pass, if not for me, what about for a kid who doesn't have an ID? Could I buy one for them at least? Anyone know what you need to show to purchase a SoCal AP for a minor?

Wendi
04-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Wow! No one has an answer?

stan4d_steph
04-15-2004, 01:21 PM
You would probably have to show proof of the parents' residency in the zip codes indicated on the DL website.

Forbin
04-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Lol Nice Try! ... won't work Wendi ... someone has to show their ID..it doesn't matter who..and yes a minor can get an ID in california.

So no ID, no pass

DisneyFan25863
04-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Ummm.....I bought my pass by myself, and I didn't need to show any ID at all...... (I'm 14)

stan4d_steph
04-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Ummm.....I bought my pass by myself, and I didn't need to show any ID at all...... (I'm 14) What type of pass did you buy?

DisneyFan25863
04-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Premie. But they still ask for your address and such.

SCUBAbe
04-15-2004, 04:21 PM
Ummm.....I bought my pass by myself, and I didn't need to show any ID at all...... (I'm 14)

This is true. We took my daughters friend with us and she bought her own pass. No ID was asked for. She's 14..it was the So. California pass...The only one the had in Dec...not the new one

stan4d_steph
04-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Premie. But they still ask for your address and such. We're talking about needing ID to prove SoCal residency, not just to buy the pass. In the case of the SoCal pass you need to show that you live in the designated area with an ID or some type of bill, like electric or phone.

Darkbeer
04-15-2004, 07:14 PM
In the last few years, the majority of time, you did NOT need to prove you were a SoCal resident to buy a SoCal AP, as many folks in Canada, and other states have a SoCal AP. (And that is the address listed on file.)

Things change, it is always wise to ask if you need to show a SoCal (or Baja Cal) zip code.... for the special 2 day tickets, you must have the ID, but for the AP's it is USUALLY not, but things change at the DLR often.......

MotorBoat Cruiser
04-15-2004, 08:26 PM
Approx. two months ago, we took my boyfriends brother, who is 16 and lives in San Diego. He didn't have any ID with him, yet got the SoCal pass with no problem. My boyfriend was with him at the window and showed his ID. Still, there was no proof that they were even really brothers, since they don't look alike at all.

stan4d_steph
04-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Approx. two months ago, we took my boyfriends brother, who is 16 and lives in San Diego. He didn't have any ID with him, yet got the SoCal pass with no problem. However, since that time, the prices have gone up and they've added the Select pass. It now says explicitly on the website you must live in these zip codes (don't know them off the top of my head). I have a feeling it will be harder to get a SoCal pass without proof of ID now. I would be interested to hear from someone who has purchased a SoCal pass since the change on March 28th.