PDA

View Full Version : Secrets?

Pages : [1] 2

missuniverse78
04-12-2004, 10:49 PM
I was just wondering if I could get some tips on how to make my experience at the parks the best it could be. I saw one thread about Soarin', saying Gate b, row 1 is the best seats on the ride, so, I know there is some information out there. I would really appreciate more info on how to enjoy the rides to their fullest.

You guys know so much about the park and I was wondering if y'all wouldn't mind helpin' a girl out. Please, oh please, oh please, I promise, I'll keep it a secret and won't tell anyone else.Thanks ;)

SoCalDisneyLover
04-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Hope you had a Great 26th Birthday! :fez:

ToursbabeC3po
04-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I would Read the fastpass post that has been started so that you can have several fastpasses at once. I know from working at Star tours that the Back Row is the best! The best advise I could give you is just have fun!!!! Don't stress about going here and going there just do what you can do and take your time and enjoy your Birthday!

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))
Jennifer

DisneyDustin22
04-13-2004, 12:09 AM
heres a tip i like. pretend the outside world doesnt exist when you walk through that main gate. leave your cell phone in a locker, unless you need it for the time. dont waste time on rides trying to find security cameras or other things, look for the hidden mickeys! :) be a kid again and grab a giant goofy lollipop and forget about how much sugar is in cotton candy. ;) take a picture with minnie mouse and get some mickey ears with your name on it. sing along with the pirates and spin yourself silly on roger rabbit. just have fun! there is no other secret than that to enjoying your day at disneyland! :)

DisneyDaniel
04-13-2004, 12:33 AM
You can learn all about Hidden Mickeys and other interesting Disneyland facts at www.hiddenmickeys.org

I still think MousePlanet is the best Disney site on the Web, but hiddenmickeys.org is another source for archived information.

JenGood008
04-13-2004, 04:14 PM
I was just wondering if I could get some tips on how to make my experience at the parks the best it could be. I saw one thread about Soarin', saying Gate b, row 1 is the best seats on the ride, so, I know there is some information out there. I would really appreciate more info on how to enjoy the rides to their fullest. ;)

Remember to slip your shoes off if you happen to be wearing sandals! They will still be where you left them when you "land".

Also, stop to enjoy the little "treasures" all over the park like the voices coming out of the Main Street windows (near the lockers) and Snow White Grotto.

If you're the type that likes to browse around in the shops, don't wait until the end of the night. It's way too crowded to enjoy store like the Candy Palace (my personal favorite :cool: lol ) right after the park closes!

Definitley read up on Fastpass like Toursbabe said before. Knowing which machines are networked it something that can save you a lot of time if you want it to!

Just go in with the right attitude (which it sounds like you definitely have) and you have a great time! :)

EDIT: Sorry - I just realized most of that wasn't about rides, but oh well :)

Oh and one more - Don't forget the "goat trick" on BTMRR. Right after you go up a lift you will see a lovely and newly reFURbished goat (sorry, couldn't resist!) on your right. Keep looking at the goat as you go down the hill and around the corner - it gives you a funny feeling. Or, it may just smash you into the person next to you, which is always what happens to me. Anyway, have fun!!!

Freerider127
04-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Just breath and get some O2 :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I LOVE DISNEYDUSTINS suggestions! That is how I plan to do the park next month. Through the eyes of a child!

missuniverse78
04-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Thanks for all the great tips. I guess I should take your advice and just relax and enjoy myself, like a kid. Thanks so much for reminding me that is what it's all about. :D

danyoung
04-14-2004, 12:35 PM
On moving rides, back seat to the side is the best. This works in Indy and Star Tours extremely well (that is, if you like a lot of motion!). Section B is the best, most central section for Soarin'. Also, if you can wait a bit, ask the cast member to put you in the front center row. You may have to wait one ride length, but it's really incredible to be up top and center, with no shoes hanging down above you!

And oh yeah, how could we forget to mention the goat trick? Ahhhhh......

Tinker Bell
04-14-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm reading a book i got at the compass in DTD called Disneyland Detective.Here is something I plan on tring that I did not know.Well there is alot in here.On The many Adventures of winnie the pooh. Buff,Max,Mel heads from the country bears can be seen hanging on the wall in the pooh attraction.To see them,pay attention as the honey heaven sequence ends,as you enter the next room look directly up and the vehicles pass right under them.

RagtimePrince
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
^ I think the heads are right after the giant acid trip room... also known as Heffalumps and Woozles if I remember... they're pretty easy to see.

Also, if you're waiting for Mr. Toad or Peter Pan, keep your eyes on the tower over the Snow White ride, there's something special there.

My general strategy is to get a bunch of fastpasses and ride major rides early in the day, eat lunch, see show attractions like the Tiki Room or Aladdin as a siesta, and then go back to major rides in the evening, especially Screamin since that ride isn't particularly attractive during the day, but is completely different and gorgeous after dark.

KeithOfTerror
04-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Fake an injury and score a front of the line pass. Now, before y'all shoot me dirty looks, er, posts, er, whatever, hear me out. You're already paying Disney, and you're not really directly hurting anybody with your senseless exploitation of the handicapped. It'll let you skip the fastpass/standby B.S. and simply do everything. THen you can backtrack and wait in line like a real man (or woman) to see hidden mickeys and what not.

And most of all, and I cannot stress this enough...HAVE FUN!

MCComposer
04-14-2004, 09:05 PM
get a spot in th hub during the first fantasmic show on the West (adventureland) side. After you marvel at the Belive show go for the frontierland gates. follow the flow of cattle to the Rivers of America and grab a spot at the River Belle Terrace restaurant.

Captain Josh
04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Simple: Keep yourself hydrated. Whether it be from a water fountain, buying a bottle, smuggling in a bottle, keeping a canteen or opening really wide on Splash (ew.) keeping yourself hydrated is MY priority #1.

Grumpy4
04-14-2004, 09:46 PM
If you happen to go on BTMRR, be sure to ask for a back row. That way, when you go up the lifts, you are already moving fast when it starts going down. If you're in the front, you have to wait for the rest of the train to come over and you're half way down before the train speeds up!

In lines, just remember, always stay to the left!!

kkmickey
04-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Definitely get in the back row for Indiana Jones, Star Tours, and Big Thunder Mountain. If you are on the shorter side, like me (5'4") - you will bounce around a lot, and your feet might not even touch the floor. It's definitely the only way to ride Indiana (unless there is a little kid in your car and you want to fool them and pretend like you're driving).

danyoung
04-15-2004, 04:03 AM
Fake an injury and score a front of the line pass. Now, before y'all shoot me dirty looks, er, posts, er, whatever, hear me out. You're already paying Disney, and you're not really directly hurting anybody with your senseless exploitation of the handicapped.

I gotta hope you're kidding with this. If not, let me state it for the record - SENSELESSLY EXPLOITING THE HADICAPPED IS BAD....BAAADDDD!!!

Now I feel better.

adriennek
04-15-2004, 07:04 AM
I almost did it. I almost replied. But I'm not going to take the bait and I strongly encourage others not to do the same. (Dan: I'm not making a mod statement at you. Just to clarify!)

But to all of us: He can't be serious. Stay strong! :)

Adrienne

Photographer
04-15-2004, 07:36 AM
(unless there is a little kid in your car and you want to fool them and pretend like you're driving).

What do you mean pretend like you're driving?!?! :confused: I'm a very good driver but for some reason the jeep always bucks in specific locations!

SacTown Chronic
04-15-2004, 07:44 AM
I almost did it. I almost replied. But I'm not going to take the bait and I strongly encourage others not to do the same.
I read it as a back-handed slap to injury-fakers.

Freerider127
04-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Fake an injury and score a front of the line pass. Now, before y'all shoot me dirty looks, er, posts, er, whatever, hear me out. You're already paying Disney, and you're not really directly hurting anybody with your senseless exploitation of the handicapped. It'll let you skip the fastpass/standby B.S. and simply do everything. THen you can backtrack and wait in line like a real man (or woman) to see hidden mickeys and what not.

And most of all, and I cannot stress this enough...HAVE FUN!

That is just plain wrong. That is how SAP lines get to be more then the standbuy lines because of people like you. Plus now its alot harder to get an SAP and I think its called a SAC card now.

eryn
04-15-2004, 11:41 AM
One of the things I regret most from my last visit (03/21/04-03/28/04) was it was so busy I was always running around, hurrying to get here or there and I really didnt take time to just slowly walk and enjoy myself. That is what makes the memories last is to look back and actually remember what it was like.
You might already do this but I tried it for the first time with my 8 year old. We both got in the single rider line and as long as you really dont mind not being in the same car or train then its nice to get the favorites done a few times over.
Try not to miss out on the less popular rides cause they still have all the Disney magic!
Have a great time and think of all us less fortunate Dsineylovers!

myron61090
04-17-2004, 11:49 PM
when waiting in long lines (when you don't have a fastpass), make friends with the people waiting with you. you don't know how nice it is to while away the time chatting and stuff. also you get a nice feeling when sometime later, you are walking through adventureland and you see the same people and they call you (or you call them) and you start acting like you are friends

also, here's one more benefit, we (my family) did this once and later in the day, while waiting in a particularly long line for spacemountain, we saw the couple we had met earlier in the day in POTC. anyway, they called us and asked us to join them. i guess everyone thought we were in the same party because no one really complained. so you see. making friends will go a long way in disneylandü

TinkR
04-18-2004, 06:37 PM
DisneyDustin has the best advice - ENJOY!! I'm packed and leaving in about 8 hours to drive down to Anaheim for a week. We'll be celebrating my son's 9th Bday on Wed., my daughter's 4th Bday on Sat. and my Bday that is the following Tuesday. My son and I are planning to try and get into the parade of Stars (we've never done that) on his actual Birthday. We love looking for Hidden Mickey's and amazingly enough my daughter is the best spotter!

My folks are coming with us and my dad has a special treat for my daughter. We told my kids (boy 9, boy 6 1/2, girl 4) that the golfer in DCA's Soaring is Papa (my dad) and he's hitting the ball to us. My daughter got to ride it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and pretended to 'catch' the ball. She was so excited. This trip Papa is planning to sit next to her and drop a Mickey Mouse ball in her lap just after that part. We're hoping she doesn't freak out and it falls, but I think she will get a huge kick out of it!

One thing I love to do is take pictures. Unfortunately I never end up in my pictures. With that in mind, when we're not in a hurry and come across people taking pictures of their family I like to offer to take the picture for them so that they can be in the pictures. A picture is a thousand words, but the smile that they give when I take their 'family' picture is priceless!

One other thing - DANCE!!! Who cares if you can't, who cares who sees you, just have a ball! We always take in 'Side Affects' (quartet in New Orleans) at least two times a trip and I swear they know us now. My kids love to dance for those beads! We also dance with any bands playing and love to dance in DCA by the Sun waterfall.

Have a great time!! :p