PDA

View Full Version : What was the most random thing that has ever happened to you?

Pages : [1] 2

Pirate Girl
04-12-2004, 10:26 PM
What is the most random thing that has ever happened to you at Disneyland? Personally, mine was having a NOS mime start waltzing with me in the middle of the square. I don't know if they are allowed to do this, but it sure was random...

DisneyDaniel
04-12-2004, 10:52 PM
On the day that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad opened again, three other Annual Passholders and myself drove from San Diego to Disneyland in the evening, after all of us got off work, just to ride BTMR on its first day back. We arrived at Disneyland a little past 7 p.m. and got in the stand-by line. We finally reached the loading area around 7:30 p.m. to be on the VERY NEXT TRAIN, except the ride had broken down again, so "the next train" never returned to the loading area. All the lights came on everywhere around BTMR, and everyone was told to head in reverse back toward the entrance to exit BTMR. We were already in the "numbered gates" for the next train! Oh well, we still enjoyed our very brief visit to Disneyland--it was a weeknight when the park closed at 8 p.m. We still laugh at that experience; we were not meant to ride BTMR on its first day back. However, we all returned to Disneyland a few days later during the weekend and rode it countless times.

Photographer
04-13-2004, 08:42 AM
:) I was quietly sitting and watching kids and adults interacting with characters when Captain Hook walked over to me and pinched my cheeks. ROTFL He came up to me a few times actually. I don't remember if it was the same day but I had Pluto plop down next to me as well. :)

Pirate Girl
04-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Once Chip (of Chip and Dale) spied me sitting on a bench in DCA and came and sat on my lap. :|

cemeinke
04-13-2004, 08:55 AM
Some guy came up to us on the way to the Tram ans asked if we were MPers? He knew our screen names and everything! Well, this guy turns out to become one of our dearest friends and an adopted "son".

Not Afraid
04-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Oops. down to one computer and forgot to log him out.

I was at the Hub talking on the phone with Fej when the Mad Hatter came up and grabbed the phone away from me and preceeded to have a conversation with Fej. Boy, that phone's been around!:geek:

Gemini Cricket
04-13-2004, 11:17 AM
iSm and I were at the hub by the Partners statue talking. As we spoke, we noticed a girl waving around a paddle from the Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoe Attraction. We're not sure how she got away with taking one. We alerted a security officer. The conversation went something like this:

iSm: Excuse me.
Security CM: Yes?
iSm: Look over there. (He points to the girl with the paddle.)
Security CM: Uh huh. (He was kind of clueless.)
iSm: It's from the Canoe Attraction.
Security CM: (After a moment, light goes on.) Hey, yeah!

He approached her and took the paddle away after a brief conversation.

How she got from The Rivers of America all the way to hub is beyond me. Hysterical. :D

cstephens
04-13-2004, 11:56 AM
How she got from The Rivers of America all the way to hub is beyond me. Hysterical. :D

They apparently don't keep very good track of their paddles. Many years ago, my then-SO/now-husband and I were on Tom Sawyer Island. We saw a paddle floating by, so he reached out and got it, and we figured we'd bring it back to the canoe folks if another CM didn't stop us before that. We got on the raft - nothing. We got off the raft - nothing. We walked towards the canoe area, RIGHT PAST SEVERAL CANOE CMs - nothing. When he actually gave it to the CM standing at the canoes, the CM seemed kind of surprised. We're convinced that if we had just walked down Main Street and left, no one would have stopped us.

As for most random think that has happened, I can't even begin to have an answer for that. A few of the things that immediately pop up:

1. Having lunch with friends at Carnation Cafe and having the carolers come right up to our table to sing for us, including songs about a meat sandwich in winter, and then having one of the carolers telling us about how nice it is to sit in a bathtub of cheese.

2. Having brunch years ago at Goofy's Kitchen and watching Pluto throw down his apron and stomp on it and quit and then Goofy later dragging one of our friends to the kitchen to take Pluto's place and then Goofy just left him at the kitchen door.

3. Having brunch at Plaza Inn and watching while Tigger gave our friend a new hairdo using a fork and then watching Tigger try to get a CM to understand that Tigger wanted her to unfold a napkin for him because he couldn't do it himself.

4. Watching Festival of Fools and focussing on one of our favorite CMs, who was supposed to be frozen during that portion of the song, but he had gotten his net all tangled up, so he was surreptiously trying to untangle it and managed to do it RIGHT BEFORE he had to throw the net over the side of the stage, and when we burst into applause and he saw that we had been watching him, he just started laughing.

Ohana33
04-13-2004, 12:36 PM
most random thing for me happened over the past summer. my boyfriend from pennsylvania was visitng and he had never been to disneyland, so i had to take him. we were such tourists, and we took pictures with every character. we were over by splash mountain and the pooh ride and we decided to get pictures with tigger, pooh, and eeyore. first we got pictures with tigger and eeyore together. eeyore started hitting on my boyfriend!! he would only pay attention to him and after we took the picture, eeyore wouldn't let go of him!
so we walk down the line to take our picture with pooh and eeyore followed! he kepted on hugging my boyfriend and the character host was yelling at eeyore to come back to take pictures with the next group. after we took pictures with pooh, we tried to walk away to get on splash mountain but eeyore followed us! now both pooh and eeyore's character hosts were shouting at him to come back! finally, after kissing my boyfriend continously, eeyore walked away. he hopes that eeyore was a girl :rolleyes:

another strange experience was my parents 25th wedding anniversary party. they held it at the grand californian and my uncle organized the huge surprise party (my dad loves disney, it was perfect!). for the first dance, mickey and minnie came out to dance with my parents. while my dad was dancing with minnie, she whispered "how are you [my dads name]" my dad was baffled, and he assumed she just knew because it was his party. she then said "i did your 15th anniversary party (where my parents renewed their vows at club33) and i always see you at sunday brunch at the club" my dad was astonished that this woman remembered him (and his name) after meeting her only a few times, while she was in costume! definately random!

millionairegirl
04-13-2004, 01:13 PM
This CM at the Plaza Inn kept calling my sister and I 'Princesses'. He would say 'How are you Princesses? Can I get you anything Princesses?' Creepy. Now, it's one thing if Aladdin or Prince Charming called us Princesses, but not just any cashier can call us Princesses. Just Saying.

And that Mime has fooled with me several times. My fiance and I were sitting on the balcony at the gallery and he snuck behind us and made kissy noises. heh!

Disneykid
04-13-2004, 01:28 PM
We were in Disneyland for my daughters 3rd bday. It was Dec 2001. We were waiting for Esmeralda (one of her favorite characters) and these triplets came over and just cut her off (she was next). I looked over at the parents for an apology and was shocked to see it was Luis Gonzales of the AZ Diamondbacks. My daughter loves the Diamondbacks! He took a picture with us. He and his wife were so nice. She still is talking about that one! The best thing was this was after he hit the winning run in the World Series!

The other one for me is spring of 03 Tigger took off with her in her stroller and was running around with her. Eeyore was even trying to sit on her lap and just has he would get close enough Tigger would pull the stroller away. Pooh,Tigger and Eeyore played with her for about 10 mins before another family came along. They have alot of great cast members! She tells people about this one also!!

DivaPrincess
04-13-2004, 01:31 PM
Ok. So, my husband and I were in DL this past March for our anniversary. He had decided he wanted to buy one of those big statues in the Disneyana shop. We were there for 3 days and we visited the shop countless times. We finally decided to make our purchase and we were in the shop on a crowded friday afternoon. We were looking at the Mickey we would eventually purchase, and I heard this familiar voice behind me. It was my cousin who I hadn't seen in years! I turned around and said "Oh my gosh!" and she said the same thing! We chatted for a while and she wished that she'd known we were going to be there because she would have gotten us into the "club" as she called it for our anniversary. We were disappointed, but I'll just have to let her know whenever we are headed to the park, because she's there all the time and maybe we can spend some time together. What a coincidence!

mad4mky
04-13-2004, 01:58 PM
Can I have two?

First one...back in 1984...when they had an actual human inside a suit of armour in the Haunted Mansion...and when we were in our Doombuggy, going down the hallway...he reached in a touched me!!! :eek: Scared the bejeezies out of me! It has never happened again...ever. People thought I was crazy when I tell them this. But...alas...I found out from Doombuggies.com, that indeed, this did happen that spring/summer of that year...and only that year. :)

2...when my middle daughter sat and talked to Cinderella and the two mice (Suzie and ?)..and she would use sign language to talk to them. She was about 3 1/2 at the time...and non verbal. Cinderella and the mice were in the walkway from the castle to Tomorrowland, all by themselves...and as we walked through, we got stopped, because Kendall was signing something. Cinderella asked what she was saying...I said she was saying "Mouse"...because of the mice...So hence, and 'conversation' started. Was one of the best days at DLR I can remember....And, later that day...Captain Hook opened his 'mouth'...so she could feed him popcorn! Popcorn actually went into the mask!! Was so cute!!
(okay...that was 3 things. When you go to the park with a special needs kid..sometimes "MAGIC" really does happen! :D ).

mousey_girl
04-13-2004, 04:51 PM
Can I have two?

First one...back in 1984...when they had an actual human inside a suit of armour in the Haunted Mansion...and when we were in our Doombuggy, going down the hallway...he reached in a touched me!!! :eek: Scared the bejeezies out of me! It has never happened again...ever. People thought I was crazy when I tell them this. But...alas...I found out from Doombuggies.com, that indeed, this did happen that spring/summer of that year...and only that year. :)

He "got" me too. I was in my Sr year of hs and I was on the ride with a 2 friends. I had the rep for always being in control. My scream haunted me for the rest of the school year. Of course no one believed me when I would describe what happened. Who ever heard of a suit of armour wearing Reeboks?

My favorite random moment has got to be The Boy's 4th Birthday trip. We were having breakfast with the Pooh characters and he was being a pill. Piglet saw that he was not a happy camper and plopped down next to him and began feeding him his scrambled eggs (complete with ketchup).

This last year it was at Goofy's kitchen. Aladdin squated next to him and began talking to him about everything!! He spent a good 10-15 mins visiting with The Boy.

Biscuit
04-13-2004, 05:34 PM
Those are all wonderful, magical stories! I hope the next time I go (couple of years away I'm afraid!) something as random and magical happens like that.

I think the most random thing that happened to me was our first ever ride on Indy (there first thing in the morning). We were waiting at the rope for the ride to actually open, a CM walked up to us, and let us "jump" all the ropes (instead of weaving down the walkway)to be first on the ride! It was really nice!

Amanda

ozbeauticn
04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
The mime has gotten me too, but just like clowns, I was pretty creeped out by him. I think he felt bad, but I just couldn't look at him...

The most random thing that has happened to me, that I can think of offhand...
Over the summer I decided that I wanted to be akid again and got an autograph book and went around to every single character I could find, dragging my complaining boyfriend with me. We were in Critter Country where there's Eeyore and Tigger, and as is was our turn the CM asked if anyone wanted to challenge Eeyore to a staring contest. My boyfriend said sure and so they started. My boyfriend and Eeyore were standing there for atleast 5 minutes while Tigger and I tried to distract Eeyore by covering his "eyes" and distracting him. After awhile my boyfriend LET Eeyore win(as he says). I don't know how the people in line behind us didn't start complaining.

Klutch
04-13-2004, 05:49 PM
I posted this story before, but it was years ago...

In the summer of, oh, 1979, I was in line for the Matterhorn with my friend, Joe. The guy in line directly behind me suddenly climbed over the fence, hiked up the mountain to the bridge by the waterfall and did a head-stand on the track. The guy in line directly behind him took a picture.

Of course, this caused an E-Stop for Matterhorn. As I stood there stunned at what I had just seen, the head-stand guy hiked back down from the mountain, climbed back over the fence, and landed right in front of me.

The moment head-stand guy hit the ground, two Disneyland Security Officers appeared out of nowhere, cuffed him, and hauled him off without a word said by anyone.

It took over an hour to get the Matterhorn brakes reset. Stupid head-stand guy!

Kevy Baby
04-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Two actually:

I was in LA All City Marching band in HS, marching in the 80, 81, and 82 Rose Parades. As was the norm at the time, we marched DL two days before the Rose Parade (and then spent the rest of the day at the park). After marching DL before the '81 parade, I met a family visiting from out of state. They were going to the Parade as well. We joked that we would have to look out for watch other. So on parade day, about half way through the parade, we came to a parade rest (hold up in the parade allowing is to set down instruments and relax for a minute). All of a sudden, I hear someone screaming out my name (I was a left guide that year). Yep, it was the family I had met at DL!

Another marching band trip (this time with my own HS), we were making mischief around the park after we marched. Somehow we ended up flirting with Minnie. She had us lean over and the CM inside told us to meet her at the backstage gate we were near at a certain time. Unfortunately, we missed our meeting (something I STILL regret 20+ years later). But I still enjoyed the fact that I "flirted with Minnie".

MCComposer
04-13-2004, 08:55 PM
This is kinda random, but a cool stroy nonetheless

I was at DLR a few weeks back. We went into DCA and into the Grand Californian cause my friend had never seen the great hall (I LOVE the great hall) In the middle of it is a beautiful piano...geuss what happened...I really love to play the piano and I really wanted to hear how it would sound in there. On the piano ina sign that says "the Great Hall piano is reserved for the hotel pianist" I checked and the piano wasn't locked. So I just sort pushed the sign off to the side, open the key-cover and began to play...light hotel lobby-ish music, nothing inappropriate. A security person was circling the lobby and I totally expected her to come over and tall me to stop. She walked right by, smiling. My friend watched as everyone at the front desk realized that I was playing, several of them got on the phones. As I began playing a second song, people began to come over and sit and listen. So anyway, i'm playing like the fifth song and no one has said a word. Finally this security lady asks my friend, "Are you with him?" Mty frieind said yes and the sercurity person proceeded to tell my friend that one of the guests had just asked if I was the Hotel Pianist. The security person went to check with the supervisor, the guy who manages all three hotels, said, "There's a guest playing the piano, but he's really good. Should i ask hiom to stop?" to which the supervisor replied, "What for?" Here's the kicker!
I'm playing the sixth song (like 20 minuteds of playing) and someone taps me on the shoulder. I look over while I keep playing and it's this guy in a tux and he says "Can I take over?" It was the hotel pianist. I said sure. I finished my song and got up while people applauded. Then, I just kinda left. Oh, the piano sounded good!

NirvanaMan
04-13-2004, 09:44 PM
I was there with my family on the first real use of my AP. I was still new to the park and did not totally know my way around. My sister is a picky eater, so we had the map open trying to find a place that would serve food her highness would accept. Out of the blue someone tapped my shoulder. It was the New Orleans Mime on a unicycle! This was the first and only time I have ever seen him. Anyway he motioned in such a way as to inquire as to what I was looking for. I was trying to figure out how I would express it to him, then I realized I can talk, it is only he who cannot. :) So I told him and he pointed to a place on the map. We thanked him and started walking in that direction. A minute or two later our frieng rolled up to make sure we were finding our way and traveled with us to our destination. It was totally random and great fun. Definitely put a smile on my face.

I also think that Cruella de Ville was flirting with me at mouseadventure. She totally wanted me.

jswtsang
04-14-2004, 08:58 AM
I have two:
The one everyone's sick of, when a wide eyed guy named Tim, dressed in cloud overalls asked us to be in a parade...
and
When we went on the tom sawyer canoes and got really into it (my parents were with me but they were the only people I knew) we all started chanting "Stroke stroke" in unison and went so fast we past another canoe but had to stop so we didn't run into huck finn's raft. Then someone splashed me so i spashed back and we had a big water fight. A great memory :)

Much better than the last time i went and i sat in front of a small child who thought rowing meant "get the lady in front of him soaking wet" :-P

jt

motoxmagicdca
04-14-2004, 11:18 AM
the mime, I hate that mime, i was in nos on monday and i started walking behind the mime and my friend was walking with me and she was walking faster and i said your lucky i have to go up the stairs and the mime thought i was talking to him, he jumps off his unicycle and started chasing us... and then later we saw him again and we screamed and we started running and then he jumped off his unicycle again and chased us all the way to indy... i was the most scariest thing of my life

and also on monday we were standing near the main gates and aladdin and jasmine were standing close by too.. and we were gonn go have a conversation with them, but then something happened and we all started laughing and they come over to us and ask if we were telling jokes, and they love jokes so we should tell the jokes to them, but my friend asked how much they got paid, and they said do you mean how much do we pay our servants and then this whole conversation about how we wanted to be there servants started up.. they left to go to other guests and as the walked away we groveled and said we were not worthy.. we still were standing there cause we were waiting for our friend and we told them we have jokes and the jokes we told they didnt get except, the one about mickey.. then we pretended to be their gaurds and since we were "twidling our thumbs" we were no good, so we groveled again then left.. as we left the park for the day we saw them one last time and we yelled aladdin and then, he smiled and waved and jasmine got mad grabbed his hand and pulled him away and then he jumped on the planter and did a huge goodbye wave and we groveled..

I dont know that was just random to me..

masilly1
04-14-2004, 11:30 AM
When we were at DL this past January, my daughter and I were sitting on a bench right outside of City Hall eating a box of popcorn. All of a sudden Chip & Dale appeared out of nowhere and started begging for popcorn. It was SO funny.
My daughter thought that was the greatest thing in the world. She started throwing pieces of popcorn on the ground and Chip & Dale fought over who would get them
LOL!!
:D
Of course I sat and picked up all the pieces once they left because I felt bad
LOL!!

Captain Josh
04-14-2004, 03:40 PM
It'd be better if I had my pictures to supplement this, but here goes:

Last week, everyone kept thinking I worked at the park...just because I have the same brown color scheme to my clothes as the rest of Adventureland...well, and a bright red nametag.

DisneyDustin22
04-14-2004, 03:58 PM
this isnt really random as much as it is cruel. but its very funny (youll understand when im done) I was at DL in december of 2002. it was a thursday i believe. about one week until christmas. my girlfriend and i got there for opening and as usual, there were crowds. however, by noon, rain had come in and just started to downpour. it rained like that until about 5pm or so. i believe the park sold out of ponchos and umbrellas that day, EVERYONE had one. Anyway, so by like 7pm tha park is empty and im not exagerating. you were lucky to see 6 or 7 people pass you by walking from ride to ride. the best part was these were true DL patrons, so everyone was running their butts off to break the all time most rides record in one day. lol.

now heres the cruel part. its about an hour and half from closing, me and my girlfriend have done everything in the park NUMEROUS times and weve made our way to tomorrowland. so of course, for the last houw and half we planned on riding space mtn. and we werent alone, you would see random spurts of people tearing through tomorrowland and up the ramp into space. keep in mind EVERYTHING was soaked and there were small lakes all over the walkways. so we run up the ramp and see theres a line. how could this be? theres like 50 people in the whole park? so we finally make our way inside and notice a woman had slipped and fell right in the entrance to space. she didnt look hurt, a twisted ankle looked like because she was laughing at herself for running. MEANWHILE, what does everyone ele do? help her up? no, everyone, myself included, hops right over here and "skis" down the ramps into the main que. and as we pass the CM's you can hear guests, "you might want to go check on a woman up there". we ended up riding space about 20+ times after before we left.

like i said, i know it was cruel. but it just seemed funny at how everyone wanted maximun ride time and they just hopped over a downed guest. ah well. ill probably get what i deserve for that someday ;)