PDA

View Full Version : November 3

Ace
10-21-2001, 10:29 AM
I am thinking of going on November 3rd and I would like to know if this is a good idea, considering hte following:

I relally want to go on the Matterhorn, which supposedly opens the 2nd. Is there a chance it won't be finished on schedule and not open the 3rd?
Will it be crowded or not?
Will the recent "current events" have any affect on the trip?

Thanks for your help, since I rarely go and I have to maximize my Disney time.

Ace
10-21-2001, 07:26 PM
SOME ONE PLEASE ANSWER ME!!! THis is my one trip a year, I want to stay all day, and I need help....

lisap
10-21-2001, 07:53 PM
Welll,
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll have a great time :)

The Christmas stuff will be out, Mansion is done, yummy treats abound. November 3rd is a Saturday, right? Will be a bit crowded, as it's the weekend and all, but not as insane as Christmas week.

If the Matterhorn, by some crazy chance, is not open yet don't let it ruin your day--just about everything else will be up and running. Just go expecting to enjoy yourself and you will. The "current events may make for lighter out of town crowds, but that's about it.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Ace
10-22-2001, 04:32 PM
I'm not gonna let this one get to the bottom until a buncha people respond....

blusilva
10-22-2001, 05:37 PM
Uh, OK. I'll respond.

Like lisap said.

Alex S.
10-22-2001, 06:40 PM
I know of nothing to indicate that Matterhorn won't be back up in time but nothing is 100% until the fence comes down.

Otherwise, it is a fantastic time of year to go. However, if the Matterhorn is of paramount importance and your schedule is flexible, then putting it off a week or two won't change the other positives and will make it even more likely that Matterhorn is will be back up.

Ace
10-22-2001, 07:08 PM
THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH..........ALL I NEEDED WAS THE WORD fantastic and i'm ok.... and even without the matterhorn, the only things that are scheduled to be closed are CBJ (duh...) and Mr. Toads.... I think I can live without that ride.

Lost Boy
10-22-2001, 07:39 PM
Did you find a way out there, or are you going with your parents. I never saw a response to your thread about alternate ways to go since you folks would not drive you.

You will have a great time because I was just there last Friday and Mansion is worth the price of admission all by itself. Just go early in the day as it gets very, very crowded after about 7pm. For most of the day the fast pass was only an hour or so ahead of the actual time. By 7:30pm the fast pass was up to return between 11:10pm and 12:10am. And the stand by line was all the way out the gate and down toward Splash Mountain with a 60 minute plus wait. First thing in the morning the attraction was practically a walk on. Later around noontime, we used fastpass and got right on. Early bird gets the treats here.

Ace
10-22-2001, 07:45 PM
I think my parents are gonna drive one way and someone else's the other way, parents at disneyland is so lame

Lost Boy
10-22-2001, 07:55 PM
I agree. The first time we went to Disneyland, I memorized the layout before we even got there and it was bye bye parents until lunch and then bye bye until dinner. Then we spent the evening together. Being young and full of energy and doing the Park on your own is great.

Enjoy your trip and post what you think of the Mansion Makeover when you get back.

JeffG
10-23-2001, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Squinky
parents at disneyland is so lame

Personally, I thoroughly enjoy spending time at Disneyland (or other parks) with my parents. Of course, I'm in my 30s and my parents are currently retirees that are basically going through their second childhood. Even though he is in his mid-60s, there isn't a roller coaster that my father won't ride...

-Jeff

Sheila
10-23-2001, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by JeffG
Personally, I thoroughly enjoy spending time at Disneyland (or other parks) with my parents. Of course, I'm in my 30s and my parents are currently retirees that are basically going through their second childhood. Even though he is in his mid-60s, there isn't a roller coaster that my father won't ride...

Wow! Even The Incredible Hulk?? I went on that recently and that was enough for me -- I had such a pounding headache afterwards.

But then, your dad has always been too cool. Say hi to your folks for me! :)

Sheila

JeffG
10-23-2001, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

Wow! Even The Incredible Hulk?? I went on that recently and that was enough for me -- I had such a pounding headache afterwards.

He lives in Orlando and has an AP for IOA. He has been on Hulk a number of times.

Last summer, my wife and I met up with my parents in Ohio (my grandmother lives there) and spent a day at Cedar Point. My father went on every adult coaster in the park. He absolutely loved "Millenium Force"...

But then, your dad has always been too cool. Say hi to your folks for me! :)

I'll let them know you said hi! :)

-Jeff