PDA

View Full Version : Parks busy Dec 10 - 14?

CarlieB
04-12-2004, 04:08 PM
We'll be at the parks this year from Dec 10 (Fri) to 14 (Tues). I haven't been at this time of year before, and I'm wondering what to expect, crowd-wise. I'm guessing that the weekend will be pretty busy (as usual), but that Monday won't be too bad (we leave on Tues) - does that sound plausible?

Also, any information as to what the weather might be like would be great...I'm hoping that it might be warm enough for us to at least spend some time in the hot tub, if not the pool (hopefully it will be warmer that chilly NZ, anyway:) )

Forbin
04-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Last year it was pretty light...but around the 20th it became hell.

CarlieB
04-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Hmmm, that's what I'm hoping for. By the 20th I'll be safely in New York!:D

julia
04-13-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi,

Yes, I agree, it should be really light at Disneyland in early December. The weekends are busier because the locals are off work and out of school, but overall, it should be very manageable.

Check and see if there are any specials for your dates, hotel choice, etc. - lots of times Disney runs special discounted rates for early December because it is a slow time.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Have a magical day!
Julia

tlovesdis
04-14-2004, 09:49 PM
That might be the weekend of the Candlelight Processional and if that is the case it will be very busy! We were there at that time in 2002 and it was packed on Saturday, Sunday, and even a little bit on Monday. The only slow day we had was Tuesday. We are going this year from December 4-8, hoping to avoid the CP!

PsychDoc
04-14-2004, 10:00 PM
The few weeks between Thanksgiving and before Christmas are usually pretty slow, especially on the weekdays. Think about it, most are saving extra cash for Christmas presents. After Christmas and especially New Years, packed! I love Christmastime. HM is still decorated for Halloween/Christmas (so strange to combo those 2 holidays), Small World Holiday themed, the "snow", the weather is great, crowds are light, great hotel deals. Love it, love it, love it. Just bought APs for my oldest daughter and myself; definately taking a X-Mas trip. Need to pick up my yearly tree ornament.

kkmickey
04-14-2004, 10:18 PM
I LOVE Disneyland at Christmas!!! The decorations, the sparse crowds (although every year it gets worse), the music - I think it is EXTRA magical at holiday time. One year we were there on December 23, 1998 (I think) when they still had Magic Mornings (early entrance). We were actually at the parking gate at 6:30 in the morning! By 9am it was pouring down rain, but being from the great Pacific Northwest, we were prepared with our range ponchos. We were THE ONLY FAMILY IN ALL OF FANTASYLAND!!! It was so cool. But then in the afternoon it stopped raining and by about 2pm the park was overflowing.