PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Park location

blondiemouse
04-12-2004, 12:49 PM
:cool: Now having followed previous discussions on this subject on this site, we were happy in the fact the third park was the strawberry field on the other side of Harbor to the existing parks. A couple of shuttle and or taxi drivers were sure however it was the bulldozed area on the other side of the road (same as the parks but about a ten minute walk away). The more I think about it, the more this area seems just too SMALL for a park (more like just big enough for a hotel). Actually come to think of it one guy said to us "See that waste ground there, Disney own it, it's going to be a 3rd park". I said "Hang on isn't it over the other side there ?", he answered "Well actually it's both". How would that work? They couldn't have a park on both sides of the road(?) Do you think they could build a parking lot by this park or would they shuttle people from the existing areas?
Also is it true that in the long-term they plan to use one of the parking lots to expand DCA or is this just a fanmouse rumor ? :confused:

Ohana33
04-12-2004, 01:10 PM
i don't know about the first part- there was a lot of talk about Westcot but i really don't know what's going on with that. i don't know where they could do that. but disney does (or did) own the lease for the land for many of the smaller motels around disneyland so they have access to that land.
the parking lot behind hollywood and paradise pier at dca are for expansion purposes. if any attractions would be built there, they would be part of the hollywood area. they are going to build the aerosmith roller coaster sometime in the next couple of years (depending on the success of tower of terror, and attendence picks up) in that parking lot. i am positive about that :D

Quinten27
04-12-2004, 01:59 PM
What I've heard is that the strawberry fields are the location for the third park. Disney now owns the land and is making a deal to lease it to The Radisson until such time that they are ready to build on it. The other area I'm not so sure about.

3IdAlienKid
04-12-2004, 10:43 PM
I've also heard it would be the strawberry field.

I can't recall where I read this exactly (it might have been a recent MiceAge update), but I hear that Matt Ouimet and Co. are of the opinion that DCA is going to take several years and several D & E ticket attractions to really fix the attendance problems. They therefore have unofficially shelved discussions about the third park for at least the next couple of years even though there have been no official releases about this.

sleepyjeff
04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
A third park :eek: ....they need to get the first two up to par first. Heck, they really didn't even need to open DCA....most of the decent attractions there could have been placed in Disneyland itself:

GRIZZLY RIVER RUN .....Could have been built to the North and Northwest of Thunder Mt. Might have to re-configure it a bit( or spend some real money and inersperse it with Thunder Mt.) to make it fit.

SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA.....Enlarge the MET(mostly upwards) and presto. Could also have been placed where CircleVision was.

TOWER OF TERROR.....Remove a little bit of TDA, and a re-themed version of this would go nicely in Toon-Town(think Mickey and the BeanStock)

California Screamin would be tough.....maybe rethemed like a rocket ride and have it go in and around TL(Peoplemover tracks/ Sub Area and over the Autopia :)

Racking my brain trying to think of any other great attractions at DCA... :confused:

ToursbabeC3po
04-12-2004, 11:14 PM
About two years ago I was told they were going to build a water park in the strawberry field. But you all know more then I do :-)

A third park :eek: ....they need to get the first two up to par first.

DisneyDustin22
04-12-2004, 11:22 PM
as cool as that sounds, by adding all those attractions in DL would make it pretty clustered more so than now. Plus, adding GRR to DL would make 2 water rides and putting it by BTMRR would make 2 water rides very close to each other. And, does disney really need another mountain? ;) although everyone does and is entitled to their opinions. a 3rd park in the future? hopefully so, just something more to do, more people to pack into the resort, more prices to raise raise raise.

Morrigoon
04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
And, does disney really need another mountain? ;)
Do I have to answer that? :fez:

I recall it was only a few months ago when there were times during the day in which NO mountains were operating (Space down, Thunder closed, and Splash getting a refurb, then Matterhorn would go 101)

Quinten27
04-13-2004, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=sleepyjeff]
TOWER OF TERROR.....Remove a little bit of TDA, and a re-themed version of this would go nicely in Toon-Town(think Mickey and the BeanStock)

[QUOTE]

To change the theme of ToT would ruin the ride. Especially trying to make it into a toontown ride. Maybe you haven't gotten to ride it yet, but once you do, you'll understand just how well the current theme goes with the actual ride. The ride itself isn't really that impressive, it's the Twilight Zone theme that make this ride a truly unique experience.

sleepyjeff
04-13-2004, 08:07 PM
To change the theme of ToT would ruin the ride. Especially trying to make it into a toontown ride. Maybe you haven't gotten to ride it yet, but once you do, you'll understand just how well the current theme goes with the actual ride. The ride itself isn't really that impressive, it's the Twilight Zone theme that make this ride a truly unique experience.

You are correct....I have not been on TOT yet. And shame on me for forgetting the most important thing about Disney rides....Story first, ride second. I hope to ride both the Anaheim version, and the WDW version within the next couple of years. I hear they are also building one in Tokyo( bet it will be the best one), so if I ever can get Priceline to let me have a ticket to Japan for less the $500.00, I might even try theirs too.