PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Balcony

Pages : [1] 2

Werner
04-12-2004, 11:39 AM
For anyone who has been up there for a show, how is the sound? It's so great down below but I'm wondering if it loses its "punch" way up there?

Also, I've read that the mist screen projectors are aimed directly at you -- how much of a detraction is this?

One last question -- I'm still confused as to how you get in the first row. Is this based on the order in which you purchased your tickets? Or do you have to queue up early at the gallery to snag the good seats?

Thanks!

Ohana33
04-12-2004, 11:54 AM
i did the balcony years ago, when they first started the program, but i've watched the show from other balconies near by. the sound is just as great and you can't beat the view! it's just an all-around better experience because you can sit down, relax, and not worry about missing part of the show because of the tall man in front of you. plus, you don't have to reserve your spot hours before the show.
now i don't know if the screens are aimed towards you, but you can see everything and there are no blind spots.
it used to be first come, first serve, and i'd imagine it still is. i'm sure you can call the gallery and they can anwser any questions you have about the show.

Werner
04-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks Ohana33! Sounds like a great way to see the show!

wenderella
04-12-2004, 12:17 PM
I did the balcony seating last October with my 2 kids. It was well worth the BUCKS to be able to walk right up the stairs and sit down without fighting all the crowds. The sound was great! There is projector directly in front of you, so you don't miss a thing. Plus you can see all of the effects from beginning of ROA to the end.
As for the first row, I honestly think it is just luck. When I called to get my tickets, I was told that I got the last 4 seats. Now that may be something they tell everyone, i don't know. So when we got there and they sat us dead center, front, you can imagine my surprise. I didn't say anything, just greatful that we were there. Most everyone else on the balcony was adults, so I didn't feel too bad. The kids were short and I don't think blocked anyone's viewl. There is not a bad seat up there though. Have a good time...You'll be glad you do it.

Werner
04-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Wow, it keeps sounding better! Thanks Wenderella! I'm definitely going to do this.

Forbin
04-12-2004, 01:31 PM
How much is it now? I remember $40 per person and you had to line up at 7am for the right to buy a ticket?

Kevy Baby
04-12-2004, 01:41 PM
Allow me to be the (slightly) dissenting opinion ;)

We did the balcony a couple of years ago (when you had to camp out EARLY in the morning to get the tickets). While I thoroughly enjoyed most aspects of sitting up there (not having to fight the crowds, sit in an actual CHAIR, the yummy deserts and coffee, etc.), I feel that it was not the BEST way to EXPRIENCE Fantasmic!.

I disagree about the sound: I feel that the punch of the sound is a little lost up on the balconey. You can still hear everything okay, it just doesn't have the same impact up there. Besides the volume, you do miss some of the ambient noise. All the sound comes from in front of you whereas in the regular seating area, you get rear-fill (sort of like surround speakers at a movie).

Also, I feel more like I am immersed in the show when I sit down on the ground. You can feel the spray of the water screens and other water effects (you don't get wet, you just "experience" it more). Other things which are spoilers for those who have not experienced the show:

You get hit with the heat from the flames on the River. You are much closer to the boats going by (sit in the right spot and you within just a couple of feet!).
So, IMO, if you are just going to see the show once, I would recommend investing the time and sore tushy to sit front and center by the river. However, if this is a repeat experience of the show, by all means sit on the balcony at least once in your life.

Kevy Baby
04-12-2004, 01:54 PM
How much is it now? I remember $40 per person and you had to line up at 7am for the right to buy a ticket?From the Fantasmic! page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/entertainment?id=FantasmicEntertainmentPage) on Disney's web site:

Special Fantasmic! seating is available for an additional charge on the Disney Gallery balcony. Tickets may be purchased up to 30 days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-4400.

I called and tickets are $49.75 for adults AND children.

Forbin
04-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Phew no thanks...gah that's $200 just so I can have a good seat at Fantasmic? I'd rather ask for a C33 Dinner and schedule it during Fantastmic. Same cost and I get fed..hehe

Kevy Baby
04-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Phew no thanks...gah that's $200 just so I can have a good seat at Fantasmic? I'd rather ask for a C33 Dinner and schedule it during Fantastmic. Same cost and I get fed..heheI think the only drawback of F! from C33 is that EVERYBODY in C33 will want to watch and there is only so much room. That, & there are significant visual blocks from C33.

FWIW, the deserts for the bacony during F! are from C33.

Ohana33
04-12-2004, 03:15 PM
also, half of the balcony is closed at club 33 because basically it was falling apart. and there is a huge tree that obstructs the view. however, club 33 does have access to another balcony if requested for a small group.

Cat H
04-12-2004, 03:54 PM
Does anyone know far in advance you can you buy the tickets? I am going to Disneyland May 22 and would like balcony tickets. My husband has never seen fantasmic before and this would be an anniversary present.

cirquelover
04-12-2004, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure it's 30 days, but you may want to call the # listed above and find out.

Kevy Baby
04-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know far in advance you can you buy the tickets? I am going to Disneyland May 22 and would like balcony tickets. My husband has never seen fantasmic before and this would be an anniversary present.See my post above with link. It is 30 days in advance.

3IdAlienKid
04-12-2004, 10:33 PM
originally posted by Kevy Baby
I feel that the punch of the sound is a little lost up on the balconey. You can still hear everything okay, it just doesn't have the same impact up there....Also, I feel more like I am immersed in the show when I sit down on the ground.I agree. My wife and I did the balcony buffet a couple years ago. Being so far distanced from the action reduced the impact of the show itself. I would only recommend the balcony if you've seen the show several times before and want a new way to experience it.

Having said that, we ended up really enjoying our experience anyway. We've seen Fantasmic! before and so we weren't going for the show as much as we were going for the overall experience. In other words, we were really only paying the extra cash in order to feel like VIP's that night. It's a great date and well worth the money for something that we will likely never do again.

Tinker Bell
04-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if the fireworks are going to be going late may early june i would like to rsvp for the balcony seats

mrs_toad
04-15-2004, 07:54 AM
CatH~ I wanted to reserve 4 balcony seats for May 15, the saturday before you want to reserve yours. So I started calling the number, (714) 781-4400 at a few minutes before 8:00 am this morning. I kept redialing until they opened, shortly after 8. I was the first person to call for the day so I chose the earlier seating and was told that our seats were reserved in the front row. So the seating does go by the order in which you make the reservation. The cost for four people was $199.00.

Now my question is the same as Tinker Bell's regarding the fireworks. On the Disney site there is no mention of the fireworks on the schedule while we are at DLR (May 14-18). I asked the CM about the fireworks and she said they would play at 9:30 pm. Do they do the firework display on every weekend? I'm hoping so...I don't want to mention it to my nephews until I know for sure. Thanks...if any of the regulars can answer this for me.

MNhockeyman
04-15-2004, 11:33 AM
The tickets go really fast. I called for April 30 on the 1st and by the time I got through the first show was already sold out so we took the 10:30. In regards to the Fireworks I have a similar question about the crowds. Going from watching the fireworks to make it to the balcany for fantasmic will we have problems making it in time or should we be in the area so we don't have to fight as much to get there?

Kevy Baby
04-15-2004, 11:42 AM
In regards to the Fireworks I have a similar question about the crowds. Going from watching the fireworks to make it to the balcany for fantasmic will we have problems making it in time or should we be in the area so we don't have to fight as much to get there?The first seating of Fantasmic! on the balcony can stay for Believe (the fireworks). If you are in the second seating, you will be able to see Believe just about anywhere you want (except on the balcony!) and still make it in time for your seating. Just know that the crowds coming out of NOS will be crazy right after Believe. Heading towards Adventureland from Main Street, they will divert you through Frontierland.

Terrapin
04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Regarding the Believe Fireworks schedule:

According to the currently posted schedule it looks like the last Believe fireworks show is this Sunday, April 18.

The next scheduled show is Friday, May 28. Shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that weekend. The next weekend shows on Friday and Saturday, June 4 and 5. Then looks like continuous daily shows starting Friday June 11.

Subject to change, posting errors and my general ability to get things wrong.

mrs_toad
04-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Regarding the Believe Fireworks schedule:

According to the currently posted schedule it looks like the last Believe fireworks show is this Sunday, April 18.

The next scheduled show is Friday, May 28. Shows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday that weekend. The next weekend shows on Friday and Saturday, June 4 and 5. Then looks like continuous daily shows starting Friday June 11.

Subject to change, posting errors and my general ability to get things wrong.
Thank you Terrapin. I had a feeling we were going to miss the Believe show. It seems that other years we have also missed the fireworks in the Spring. I guess they schedule Believe for Spring break and then start it up again for for the Summer crowds. I'm hoping that since the crowds have been large they might continue it right on through. It would be really nice to see the fireworks from the balcony...more bang for the buck!

sierranevada
07-19-2004, 07:31 AM
I bought tickets for the 9:00 balcony show this coming Sunday as a surprise for my sister and son - I have always wanted to try it! My question is where exactly do you go?

Thanks.

stan4d_steph
07-19-2004, 08:27 AM
I bought tickets for the 9:00 balcony show this coming Sunday as a surprise for my sister and son - I have always wanted to try it! My question is where exactly do you go? When I bought tickets, I picked them up at the Guest Services window to the left of the Disneyland entrance gates.

You go to the Disney Gallery to see the show. The Gallery is above POTC.

sierranevada
07-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Thanks - I thought it was somewhere in NOS.

dlandnut
07-19-2004, 11:58 AM
We did the balcony thing last year. My husband is limited in his walking/standing ability, though not in a wheelchair, and was not able to stand that long for Fantasmic. There were four of us, the desserts were wonderful, even included crackers and cheese for those of us who don't like tons and tons of sugar. It was well worth the price ONCE, but now we've been there, done that, so I don't think I'll invest that kind of cash again. But by all means, do it if you can!!!