PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfasts: Which is the best?

tjrj
10-21-2001, 08:31 AM
We will be going to DL in December. We've never done a Character Breakfast before. In our package, I've upgraded to a "resort" Character Breakfast. It is my understanding that we can chose between any of the breakfasts in the resorts and possibly the Character Breakfast at the Plaza Inn.

My questions for you guys are: Which is the best? In terms of food, atmosphere, character interactions, etc. What did you like, what didn't you like, etc. Which characters routinely appear at which breakfasts?

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 08:39 AM
We have done all four character breakfasts and the way to decide is to figure out which characters are your kids favs..here is the rundown....the Plaza Inn...food is pretty basic steam table but they do have an omlet chef that will custom make a fresh hot omlet for you...I get a plain omlet for my daughter because she likes scrambled eggs but the steam table ones are NASTY IMHO....characters at Plaza Inn (in the park) are the 100 acre wood ones for the most part, eeyore, piglet, pooh and tigger are the main attractions. we did get the Genie from Aladdin last visit, which was unexpected.......the characters roam the dining area and the kids get a LOT of interaction and attention and there is ample photo opps.....The Storyteller Cafe at the Grand Californian...totally different atmosphere...very restrained...the characters were Chip and Dale and Pluto but they didn't roam the dinning area, every so often there would be a castmember that came by our table and invited the kids to come "play" with the characters...the did little games in a controled area so as to not disturb the other dinners...food was a step above the Plaza Inn but if your there for the characters it wasn't enough of a step up for the trade off for lack of interaction IMHO.....Miss Minnies Kitchen....it is Miss Minnie and Belle and Gaston and the wizard from sword and the stone..more of a 'show' but the characters do wander around for autographs and photo ops...Goofys Kitchen....my personal Fav (I'm a goofy fan lol) same steam table food but very geared towards the kids in your life...Chef Goofy is there always but the other characters rotate so you really never know who is going to show up... be aware tho that MICKEY does NOT show up at any of the four .....

Hope that helps...

stinkerbell
10-21-2001, 08:44 AM
My mouth waters at the prospect of Goofy's kitchen. The variety of foods offered is wonderful. The roast beef melts in your mouth, the breakfast enchiladas, made-to-order omelettes, crepes, banana splits, cookies, cakes, fresh fruit, waffles, pizzas, pancakes, salmon (2 kinds!), chicken, ham, deli meats and sandwiches, plus the basics--scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, etc, etc, etc, etc is all beyond compare and for the price, it's such a value, because of the quality of food and service. The first time we were there the characters were (duh) Goofy, Chip and Dale, the Mad Hatter, Pluto, Baloo, and maybe one or two others. It was great and it was my daughter's fifth birthday and we were having her party there, so she got so much attention from the characters! Last week it was (duh) Goofy, the Mad Hatter, Rafiki, Jasmine, and one or two others. The characters were friendly, sitting down with us, visiting repeatedly, Jasmine even crawled under the table next to us to see a boy who was scare of everyone, but I thought there were more characters last time. You can call the hotels to find out who will be there before you decide. I didn't think the Plaza Inn compared at all. I have not been to Minnie's Cafe, although I think next month we'll do Minnie's and Goofy's. I've called the hotels and Minnie's food is supposed to be comparable to Goofy's, but I haven't wanted to take the chance before. Also, I don't know anyone who has eaten at Minnie's. But I can sure vouch for Goofy's Kitchen!

tjrj
10-22-2001, 06:48 AM
Appreciate the feedback guys. Anyone else?