PDA

View Full Version : Summertime Crowds - Any Good Time?

Pat-n-Eil
04-12-2004, 10:40 AM
The traditional summer vacation around here is from early June to late August. Assuming that July 4th and the days around it are probably very busy - and assuming that the first two weeks of June (right when school lets out) is busy - I'm wondering if there has traditionally been any good times during those summer months that might be less crowded.

I am also going to assume that Weekends are more crowded than weekdays..

So how about it? Any suggestions?

Ghoulish Delight
04-12-2004, 10:47 AM
It's going to be crowded every day during the summer. No way around it. Saturdays are the worst, July 4th weekend is definitely packed (with a high tendency to reach park capacity). Weekdays are the best. Beyond that, there's not much you an do other than go, expecting crowds, and make the best of it. The good news is that they usually make an effort to have as many attractions as possible up and running to absorb those crowds.

Ohana33
04-12-2004, 11:41 AM
like the previous poster said, there is not a best time to visit the resort during the summer, but there are ways to avoid the crowds and get the most from your vacation.
get there early and get fastpasses for the attraction that you need to go on more than anything. if that attraction doesn't have fastpasses, just ride it first. also, hit the water rides before the afternoon. as the day gets warmer, people herd to the water attractions (and also, a particular water ride at california adventure (grizzly) is notorious for breaking down around 2pm everyday...so get there early).
towards the evening, go on the "kiddy" rides during parades and fireworks (fantasyland, etc). that's when they are the least crowded.
goodluck hitting the parks during the summer! and whatever you do, don't go the 4th of july!

cemeinke
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
So far it seems the only thing that impacted attendance was the World Trade Center Attacks. So, if there is another terrorist attack on American soil this Summer, I would schedule my vacation trip close to that to avoid crowds, though there may be certain ride restrictions and air travel might not be possible.

Pat-n-Eil
04-12-2004, 12:06 PM
Thanks.. just as I thought :)

Last time we went (Thanksgiving week, 2003) it got to be very VERY crowded. Fortunately, because we stayed at GC we had the enhanced FastPass and it made our visit very much less stressful.

Then, of course, we really enjoy DCA which was never unbearably crowded.

I guess we'll use the same strategy if we go during the summer.