PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for the best trip ever?

kkmickey
04-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Hi - I have been to Disneyland many times, almost every year in the 20 years I have been married. I took my friend for her 40th birthday (it was her first visit EVER - and we went with NO KIDS - It was GREAT!) and she and her family are now hooked. My other very good friend is also a Disneyholic - that is how we met. Someone said "You have to meet her - I have never met anyone who loves Disneyland as much as you."

So all that to say - I am planning a trip with these two best friends for MY 40th Birthday - we will be there from June 9 to the 13th. Just the three of us, no kids!!!! My birthday is the 11th, and I am planning on Lunch at the Blue Bayou, and will hopefully get reservations for Fantasmic on the Balcony for the first show that evening. Does anyone have any other ideas on what would make this the best trip ever? The only other thing I can think of would be dinner at Club 33, but since I have no idea how that would happen (besides spending $600 on ebay, which won't happen), I suppose that is out of the question.

Can anyone think of anything else extra special? Do they have teas like they used to at the old "Pacific" anymore, or anything like that? I am open to any great ideas.

Thanks in advance :)

Pirate Girl
04-11-2004, 08:11 PM
You could spring for one of the great tours. Maybe The Red Carpet Experiance (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/tour?id=RedCarpetExperienceTourPage) or A Walk in Walts Footsteps. (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/detail/tour?id=WalkInWaltsFootstepsTourPage) Could be a new way to experience the park if you've never done it before.

Elly
04-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Enjoy a character meal. It is a great way to enjoy a little character interaction (and get some pictures) without standing in long lines of little kidlets. Ariel's Grotto in DCA is a great place for a relaxing lunch and the characters come to visit you at your table (Minnie, Chip, Dale, Goofy, Pluto).

DisneyDaniel
04-11-2004, 09:32 PM
The Disney magic especially comes out at night after Disneyland closes with the twinkling lights, background music and less people around. The shops on Main Street are still open for one hour after Disneyland closes--and also during that last hour--you are allowed to remain in the hub area in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and the Walt & Mickey Partners statue. Since you are spending several days there, pick one of the days to hangout for that last hour in front of the castle. In fact, sit and relax on one of the seated areas on the draw bridge: the park is practically empty, you look up from where you're sitting on the castle bridge and it's the castle right in front of you. Wow! What a magnificent and gorgeous view! Look down into the water around the castle and you may see one of the two swans swimming. It's the perfect way to end a Disney day.

Ohana33
04-12-2004, 12:01 PM
treat yourself and go to the napa rose for a sunday brunch. it is by far the best meal that i have ever had on property. it'll be a relaxing touch to your fun vacation :)

scaeagles
04-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Stay at the Grand Californian if at all possible. I did this last summer and the convenience and outstanding customer service made it the most memorable trip I've had there in 10 years or so of going twice a year. Sadly, I cannot afford to do that this summer.

Khiori
04-12-2004, 01:43 PM
Just out of curiousity - what is the price range for Napa Rose?

Kevy Baby
04-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Just out of curiousity - what is the price range for Napa Rose?Check this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=25600) for an excellent discussion of the Napa Rose. A link to their menu can be found there as well.

And I know you said no kids, but for anyone else that wants to know, CStephens has the Napa Rose kids menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/naparose/napakidsmenu.html) on her sight as well.

cstephens
04-12-2004, 03:51 PM
treat yourself and go to the napa rose for a sunday brunch. it is by far the best meal that i have ever had on property. it'll be a relaxing touch to your fun vacation :)

Unfortunately, Napa Rose no longer offers Sunday Brunch. They discontinued it last September, except possibly for special occasions. Don't know if they had an Easter brunch, for example. They're only open for dinner, but well worth a trip.