PDA

View Full Version : FANTASMIC dessert buffet.....reviews

siamese1975
04-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi I was thinking about getting the priority seating for Fantasmic and had a few questions......

What is the better seating - riverfront or balcony (is there a price difference?)

What is included (I heard that there are desserts, is it a mad scramble to get them or is there enough for everyone?)

How many people are on the balcony.....are the seats designated at the time of reservation or is it first come, first served?)

Any tips or reviews of the priority seating would be greatly appreciated!!

Kim :)

Not Afraid
04-11-2004, 03:18 PM
What is the better seating - riverfront or balcony (is there a price difference?)
What is included (I heard that there are desserts, is it a mad scramble to get them or is there enough for everyone?)
How many people are on the balcony.....are the seats designated at the time of reservation or is it first come, first served?)

I prefer the Balcony for the unobstructed, high up view. You also get a mighty fine view of Believe if you attend the first showing,
There are about 5 types of desserts and there is plenty for everyone. The Balcony has a system to serving that gets everyone up to the dessert table quickly and dessert and dessert served before the show starts. There is usually even time to order drink seconds.
The Balcony has about 20 seats per show. You line up in the Gallery courtyard before seating and seats are then selected started with the first party in line. Best seats are the front left.

Leap for Joy
04-11-2004, 03:34 PM
There are advantages to both. The balcony has a great view, but I felt a bit distanced from the action. The reserved seating is closer to the show and saves you from having to stake out a seat, but you're still in the crowd so you lose the 'exclusive' feeling you get from the balcony. I believe you get a pre-made box of desserts at the reserved seating. On the balcony it's a buffet. When I did the balcony, the seats were assigned based on when we ordered our tickets, so we were able to arrive just a few minutes before show time. They can tell you the current system for seating when you order your tickets.

3IdAlienKid
04-11-2004, 03:55 PM
I agree that the balcony is a bit distanced from the action and therefore the show is not as exciting as when you're sitting six rows back. But if you don't mind this so much, the exclusivity of sitting in the balcony can be pretty fun. On the night my wife and I went, Dylan McDermott (back when he was still on The Practice) and his family were sitting on his own private balcony to the left of the buffet balcony (though it's not like we really got to mingle with him -- he was not a part of the buffet and as I said his balcony was separate from ours).

As for the buffet, about half the items ran out by the time the show was over, but it wasn't like we had to rush to get our share of the goods. We were pretty satisfied.

Zigen
04-11-2004, 05:35 PM
When my family went last week we ot the riverside seats. It was a buffet and had more than enough to last thru Fantasmic and the fire works (at lest for the group we had). We took some back to the hotel. Riverside seating is about 20-30 feet from the water elevated from the crowd, there might be 1 light post in your view but i didnt notice it too much. If you have kids who can't sit down for more than 5 mins riverside had a small area behind the chairs to run/jump. We could feel the fire from our spot.

I'm sure balcony is great seating too.

caution a-head
04-11-2004, 06:05 PM
I bought Riverside seating (I think it was $47 a piece, balcony seating is more) in December for my parents and myself. The dessert was really good and there was enough for everyone, but to see the show was the worst place at the Rivers of America, unless you are seated in the first row,(there is the fence and light poles you have to look around). My parents couldn't see from where we sat so my dad finally got up and stood in the "free area". There was a family behind us that couldn't see anything either. So the next night I stood where I normally stand, my mom couldn't believe how much of the show she missed. It's not worth the $$$ in my opinion. I would go to the later showing (go over to the Rivers of America after the fireworks) and you'll find a place to see and enjoy Fantasmic with out spending all that money. I see this show at least once a weekend and have seen it from every side and I would never paid to see it again.