PDA

View Full Version : Tower Of Terror Previews

SoCalDisneyLover
04-11-2004, 12:43 AM
I believe it's been said that Cast Member Previews for Tower begin this coming Friday April 16. I also remember someone posting here that they may open it to park guests on an "as available" basis at some point, and that once the ride is open and running continually, that it will be operating even on days when there are not CM previews.

Can someone confirm that Friday is indeed the first day that anyone other than "VIP's" will have access to the attraction, and if it's at least a possibility it will remain in operation, even on Non-CM Preview days, if only for the reason that they need to continually run the attraction. Any guesses as to what the first realistic day would be that an ordinary guest would stand a chance of being lucky enough to get on? I completely realize that there are no guarantees, and it is a random circumstance whether park guests are allowed on, but I'm wondering if there are any particular days when there would even be the slightest chance it would be an "unannounced" opening for the general public, and not only CM's or VIP's. I'd like to be doing this... :eek:...at some point in the next two weeks.

DCAWhites
04-11-2004, 10:47 PM
The 22nd is rumored to be the first day of Soft Openings for guests, and continuing to the 23rd. These two days are between the 2 sets of cast member previews. Also, there will likely be soft openings after the AP preview days which I believe are the 26-28th. Correct me if I'm wrong about the AP dates.

My lead actually told me that Paradise peir hotel guests were offered a preview of the attraction a few weeks ago. Don't know if its true or not.

leota's necklace
04-12-2004, 10:31 AM
My lead actually told me that Paradise peir hotel guests were offered a preview of the attraction a few weeks ago. Don't know if its true or not.

The Associated Press held their convention at the PPH the weekend of April 2nd. Included in the activities was a VIP look at the Tower of Terror. I was lucky enough to be a guest at this event and was able to ride the Tower, and was also able to meet several Imagineers.

I have a writeup ready to go and am just waiting for a response from the Mouseplanet team advising me where to submit it :)