PDA

View Full Version : New Religion

Pages : [1] 2

Nigel2
10-20-2001, 10:07 PM
Ok here is my attempt at a tax exempt, I mean a new source of unity for everyone. :D I want to start Disneylandism. You keep your own beliefs, but you get an extra 2 days off each year on walt's birthday and disneylands birthday. Who's with me?

innerSpaceman
10-21-2001, 06:13 AM
Ok, I'm there dude.

It would be nice to get paid for those two days, since I take them off every year anyway. I am in the Park on Disneyland birthday year in and year out. As for Walt's B-day, it also happens to be my daughter's birthday, too - and we celebrate that wonderful coincidence in the Park most years.

Just beware of Disneyland Fundamentalism. That won't fly in the current mood of the world. If some folk won't see the light (say, for instance, they blaspheme that DCA is a better park), don't rant against them, don't judge. Just shake your head in pity and turn the other cheek. There's just no saving everybody.

zapppop
10-21-2001, 08:15 AM
You must spend one day per year at a Disneyland Resort.
Mondays you cannot watch any animated show or movie not by Disney.
You must perchase any special edition VHS or DVD release by Disney.

Ace
10-21-2001, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by zapppop

You must spend one day per year at a Disneyland Resort.
Mondays you cannot watch any animated show or movie not by Disney.
You must perchase any special edition VHS or DVD release by Disney.

it's disneyLANDism, not Disneyism... and doesn't the fact that we're all on these boards all the time prove that we're all in that religion anyway?

DisneylandKid
10-21-2001, 10:07 AM
Disneylandismians should also get Mickey's Birthday off (Nov. 18) that what I'll get my birthday off!

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 10:09 AM
count me in on the new faith....oh it really isn't a "new" faith... just organizing the one that is already out here LOL!

Ralph Wiggum
10-21-2001, 12:58 PM
I am suprised you guys havent gotten yelled at for this one yet. I think this thread is great.

MickeyD
10-21-2001, 01:12 PM
As a more libral member Disneylandism, I think we need to make strides in being inclusive of other branches of our faith, including DCAism, WaltDisneyWorldism, Disneyism, and other global branches of the Disneyland faith. I also think it is important that we be respectful to those whose practices are different than ours, such as those who practice UniversalStudiosism and SixFlagsism. Although many of us don't agree with what they practice, we must always represent our own faith well by being polite and respectful when intereacting with them.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 01:57 PM
:) Of course we should be tolerant of those poor unfortunate souls......

10-21-2001, 03:03 PM
I'm branching off with Reformed Tomorrowlandism. We believe the purest form of Tomorrowland was reached in 1967.

zapppop
10-21-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by DisneylandKid
Disneylandismians should also get Mickey's Birthday off (Nov. 18) that what I'll get my birthday off!

On Mickey's Birthday, we should all wear mouse ears and/ or a Mickey shirt.

zapppop
10-21-2001, 03:46 PM
What about songs ?
What should we sing ?

My top 3 nominations for Disneylandism songs:

When You Wish Upon A Star
It's A Small World ( After All )
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

ripplededge
10-21-2001, 05:45 PM
Would this whole Disneylandism mean that CM's get the day off too? Or would I just get double time?

9oldmen
10-21-2001, 06:00 PM
Wouldn't cast members be sort of like the "priests" , or "rabbis" of this religion.

innerSpaceman
10-21-2001, 06:32 PM
On the contrary, CMs would be more like acolytes or apostles to the true priesthood. Requirements for the high level of priest, rabbi or shaman would differ for the different branches of Disneylandism.

In the sect of Reformed Tomorrowlandism for instance, a branch started by brother 3894, there are a series of trials and tribulations, deprivations and devotions, in service of the one, true Tomorrowland of 1967. All things Tomorrowland that are outside the realm of 1967 are considered blasphemy (with the possible exception of the 1967-era revelation of messianic Space Mountain). After years of spiritual quest and dedication, I have received the honor of attaining the priesthood of the secret cult of Inner Space. Ah the mysteries revealed! The wonders beheld! What compelling force draws me into this mysterious darkeness?

But the road is long and perilous. The casual fan or mere CM may begin the journey, but from there ... each according to his gifts.

Morrigoon
10-22-2001, 01:54 AM
Wouldn't we of the Disneylandism faith be a branch of the more broad-based Disneyism?

I would think Disneylandism a more devoted, specialized version of Disneyism

But I agree... We should always have July 17th off. :)

But I pity the Tomorrowlandists. Their sacred ground has been defiled. Main Streetists can celebrate the continued existence of our land :) BTW: Main Streetists can often be found listening to the great bard, Rod Miller, at Coke Corner.

stinkerbell
10-22-2001, 06:48 AM
Love this thread so much......

I belong to the Jiminy Cricket/Tinkerbell sect of the Fantasylandists and have long admired the reformed Tomorrowlanders. Our sect is proud of the heritage and history of our people, although we have not toiled like those of nearby lands. My brothers and sisters in faith believe in inclusiveness and would like to thank the Main Streetists who allow passage through their fine land into the hub that unites all Disneylandismers. We would also like to extend an invitation to the disenfranchised to our great and holy land, which truly embodies the strength, love and fortitude of the religious faith of Disneylandism.

80S ERA
10-22-2001, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
All things Tomorrowland that are outside the realm of 1967 are considered blasphemy (with the possible exception of the 1967-era revelation of messianic Space Mountain).

Amen to that! We should all be aware that there has been a reform movement from certain newly aquired members who are attempting to start their own faith. At the current time we do not know what to call this group. The group seems to be led by a preacher named St. Paul Pressler.

Their group has violated our commandments written on stone tablets taken down from Matterhorn mountain.

1. Thou shall not use off-the-shelf rides
2. Thou shall not allow chipped paint to be visible to guests
3. Thou shall not allow McDonalds to serve food in the park
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

It seems my copy of the dead sea scrolls are illegible. Can anyone help me with commandments 4-10?

MammaSilva
10-22-2001, 07:58 AM
4. thou shalt not leave attraction space empty and desecrated

5. thou shalt not rely on bean counters to carry on the dream

6. thou shalt not allow the garb of the Holy ones to be seen outside the hallowed ground....

10-22-2001, 07:58 AM
Thou shalt do unto guests as CMs would have guests do unto them.

80S ERA
10-22-2001, 08:24 AM
Commandment #8:

"Thou shalt not covet they neighbor's rides"

i.e.
- Supreme Scream = Mallibomer
- Parachute Drop = Jumpin Jellyfish

Ralph Wiggum
10-22-2001, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by 80S ERA
Commandment #8:

i.e.

HAHAHAHA....ROTFLOL:p :p

zapppop
10-22-2001, 03:19 PM
Commandment #8:

i.e.

don't forget:

BigFoot Rapids = Grizzly River Run

Nigel2
10-22-2001, 09:57 PM
Disneysim is all part of the greater plan, it will be like the creator's path across the world, first we have the costs under the hand of their own park, then the other countries. Then we shal unify for disneyism. Disney Stores would also serve as shrines. If any sects go to war, please leave all earthly possesions with me, also there will be a donation container placed in between DCA and Disneyland, it will all go to a greater cause. :D Trust me

SimpTwister
10-22-2001, 10:28 PM
It seems my copy of the dead sea scrolls are illegible. Can anyone help me with commandments 4-10?

You mean the Dead Sub Lagoon Scrolls, of course. ;)