PDA

View Full Version : Best Deal?

slaakker
10-20-2001, 08:00 PM
I am planning a trip in December for my family. I have looked at the package deals on the DL web site and I have a few questions.

1. Do the packages include tickets for each person?

2. Is there a better way to get a deal?

3. Is the four day flex passes just a three day with an extra added on?

4. Would it be better to have someone buy tickets at the Air Force base and get the hotel separate?

Please help if you can. Looking for the best bang for the buck.:)

slaakker
10-20-2001, 08:05 PM
Just thought of another question....

Is the park hopper thing only one day or every day of the ticket? Wasn't really planning to go to DCA otherwise.

zapppop
10-20-2001, 08:58 PM
I believe the park hopper passports allow you admission to one park per day.

For example:

You buy a 3 day park hopper passport
The first day you go to Disneyland
The second say you go to DCA
The third day back to Disneyland

You can alternate and start with California Adventure instead.

The problem with the park hopper passports: when you visit DCA and it closes at 8PM, you cannot go into Disneyland for the last 4 hours their open.

Hope this helps

MammaSilva
10-20-2001, 09:42 PM
Sorry to correct you zapppop but the park hopper passes are just that you can "hop" between both parks all day long for the length of the pass.... when DCA first opened the multi day flex passes were as you describe, choose a park for the day... that was quickly revised to the "park hopper" version...we were there in August and in September....we bought six day park hopper passes in August, traded them in for deluxe AP's ..paying the difference....then when we were there in September I bought my niece a 3 day Park hopper with the 'free' day added on... we used the park hopping feature to beat the lines at Disneyland....we would go into DCA because the lines were so short, then just walk over to the exit, get stamped ...walk across to disneyland and use the same day re entry gate.. which had NO line to speak of....worked wonderfully!

Jenlan2001
10-21-2001, 07:55 AM
Try Get Away Today Vacations. www.getawaytoday.org

We got a great deal. Fourth night free at the Anaheim Fairfield Marriott, 2 adult passes, 2 kids ( deal with this is you all get a four day pass) ...for under $500.

We did this last year and had no problems whatsoever.

Have fun! My 4 yr. old and I will be there the first week of Dec. for his first trip to Disneyland. Counting the days.

zapppop
10-21-2001, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
Sorry to correct you zapppop but the park hopper passes are just that you can "hop" between both parks all day long for the length of the pass....

Okay now I'm confused :confused:

I was at the park Friday night and there were 3 girls that came from DCA and were trying to enter Disneyland and the cast member at the gate told them they couldn't enter. Then one of the girls told the cast member they have 3 day park hopper passports and the cast member told them the park hopper passports only allow you access to one park per day so they couldn't enter Disneyland because they went to California Adventure.

Was the cast member misinformed or has the policy changed again ?

stinkerbell
10-21-2001, 08:13 AM
I think Alaska Airlines flies out of Las Vegas. Call their vacation hotline at 1-800-468-2248. We just did a vacation for SIX people, six days, five day hopper passes, breakfast at Goofy's, air, super shuttle, hotel for $2000. Kids fly free, free hopper passes, plus buy a three or four day passport and get another day free, plus one extra night at the hotel free. Got back last week and the first thing I did was call again and book a mini-vacation for my six year old and me for the end of Nov. For four days, plus air, hotel, Goofy's kitchen, shuttle, etc., we're paying $600. For the EXACT same deal on the Disney website, it was $1257. I'm using the extra cash to buy Christmas presents.........

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 08:21 AM
zapppop... I think the cast member was confused.....right now any multiday passport is a hopper pass...I just cut and pasted this off the official disney site...

Multi-Day Park Hopper® Ticket

A Multi-Day Park Hopper® Ticket entitles Guests admittance to both Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park over a specified number of days, including visits to both Parks, which are located just a minute's walk from each other, on the same day ("Park Hopping").

stinkerbell
10-21-2001, 08:24 AM
We had no problem using our hopper passes/handstamps at DCA and DL multiple times per day. Did the girls have hand stamps? I loved the hopper passes and am so glad that Disney lightened up on it's property-only guests getting them. (well, that's a whole other discussion......)

Anyway, we liked the freedom of coming and going, especially for shows, parades, food, etc. Plus there were no lines and it was so easy to go from one park to the other. Also, if you rent a stroller in one park, keep your receipt and show it at the other park the same day and they'll give you a stroller there. Wish there was a way to take ONE stroller from DL to DCA, without unpacking it, waiting in line to get a new one at the next park, etc. Also wish we could rent a stroller for downtown Disney as well.......OK, I'm way off topic now.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 08:27 AM
I am wondering how long it will take for DLR to figure out that setting up the rental area OUTSIDE in the esplande would be the PERFECT solution..they have the 'exits' from the resort fairly well covered so it wouldn't really be a problem of people taking the strollers or evc's off property but it is a serious PITB for those renting strollers/evcs to park hop and to visit Downtown Disney for that very reason...who wants to pack/unpack and then repeat the process again across the way....

zapppop
10-21-2001, 08:32 AM
oh speaking of hand stamps, that reminds me:

about 2 weeks ago, a cast member at the re-entry gates for DCA got into a really nasty argument with a family over a little girl not getting her hand stamped when she left the park. You could clearly see that she looked like her older sisters and mom who DID have their hands stamped but the littlest one forgot when she left the park so the cast member wouldn't allow her to re-enter unless her mom paid another $ 33 . It got really bad.

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 09:45 AM
I have to say that is so wrong.....sometimes the Castmembers are just too zealous in their 'enforcement' of the rules and then at others they are so lax .... I would have insisted they call a lead over as soon as the Castmember started giving me grief....UGH

slaakker
10-21-2001, 07:36 PM
Great information guys. Thank you. Anyone going to be there weekend after Thanksgiving?

Any info on the Military discount?

MammaSilva
10-21-2001, 08:10 PM
We have reservations at the fairfield for the Wed before Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving and the Friday/Saturday but I'm not sure if we are going to make the trip, my Little Brother is deployed and if he isn't home by mid November I'll cancel our reservations...

Thomas
10-21-2001, 08:27 PM
The CM's don't even have to guess whether the guest is allowed in or not. All they have to do is scan the ticket and if the computer says let them in, you let them in. If it says not to let them in, then you don't. If there is a problem, then you talk to someone in charge. My biggest pet peeve is the people holding up the line with one day passes that say Disneyland only (vice versa) and they try to get into the other park.

SimpTwister
10-21-2001, 10:41 PM
Hey stinkerbell, that sounds like a great deal. Where are you staying?

stinkerbell
10-21-2001, 11:52 PM
Best Western Park Place Inn..........so excited not to have to mess with hotel shuttles. In the past few years we've stayed at the Radisson, Candy Cane, Hawthorn Suites, Rodeway. All have served their purposes at the time!

Morrigoon
10-22-2001, 01:45 AM
Speaking of flying out of Las Vegas, try National Airlines. Their vacation hotline gets killer deals INTO vegas. They might have something to LA too. Also they're having specials if you travel on like mon-wed or something.

For the time it takes to fly these days though, DRIVE. Sheesh, LA's only like 4-5 hours away :)

Ask all the airlines about military discounts, if you're military. They might have something.

mad4mky
10-22-2001, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by slaakker
Great information guys. Thank you. Anyone going to be there weekend after Thanksgiving?

Any info on the Military discount?

Be aware that this is a VERY crowded time to go. I was there several years back for Thanksgiving and the weekend following....PACKED.