PDA

View Full Version : Does this exist or is this a false memory?

jswtsang
04-09-2004, 02:18 PM
When I was a kid I went to the Mad hatter (i think that's what it's called, the hat shop near the tea party) anyway I looked in the cheshire cat shaped mirror and a cheshire cat head appeared and dissappeared. It happened every once in a while. I tried asking if anyone else has seen it and no one I've met in person has seen it, cept probably my mom whom i pointed it out to. I tried to show it to my b/f last september but we just felt like fools staring at a mirror. So my question is, has anyone else seen it, does it exist? Did they remove it? I've always wondered if it was mechanical or if the people working in the shop could make it appear for kids who were bored of waiting for their mouse ears to be monogrammed...what's the scoop?
jt

AVP
04-09-2004, 02:38 PM
If that's a false memory, I share it with you. I assumed it was a Pepper's Ghost effect.

AVP

David R
04-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Actually I think that the cat is behind a two way mirror and a light comes on in the back illuminating the cat so that you can see it.

tod
04-09-2004, 02:44 PM
There are two behind-the-counter mirrors at the Mad Hatter. Only one has the Cheshire Cat effect. You may have been looking at the wrong mirror.

--t

jswtsang
04-09-2004, 03:24 PM
ah ha, so it is there!
I was looking at the one that is shaped like the cheshire cat, i think the other one was a caterpillar?

jt

Cadaverous Pallor
04-10-2004, 10:31 AM
I don't remember the shapes of the mirrors, but when you're facing the counters, the Cat is hiding in the one behind the counter on the far right.