PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it will be busy for TOT official opening?

Annes2kiddies
04-09-2004, 09:48 AM
Every year we go to Disneyland the first week in May. Our trip is planned for 5/3-5/7 this year. I read on here that TOT opens that week. Do you think it will be crowded due to that?

I am too big a chicken to go on the ride, so I'm not interested in that. :)

Thanks,
Anne

Darren
04-09-2004, 10:22 AM
I think it is safe to say that attendance will be up during the opening. The bigger question is how it will affest crowds at DL vs DCA. With all the hype it could be a decent week to visit DL. Certainly more people will be on the DCA side of the esplanade. I would be curious how the hours at DCa might be set up. Will they still close early? If so it could really jam up DL in the evening.

does any one else have thoughts on this. I'm just speculating, its been so so so long since a biggie ride like this has opened that I'm not sure anyone knows how it will affect crowd. If disney really markets the opening locally then crowds could be huge!!!

happyhaunts999
04-09-2004, 10:34 AM
This is the biggest E-ticket attraction to open since Indy(rocket rods and all of DCA does not count) so it is safe to say that for a few weeks it will be a zoo around that ride. I think the attendance will spike for the opening of ride. I am going from the 14-24 of may so i will be there, who else plans on being there in May to see this new ride.

DCAWhites
04-09-2004, 10:25 PM
The bigger question is how it will affest crowds at DL vs DCA. With all the hype it could be a decent week to visit DL. Certainly more people will be on the DCA side of the esplanade. I would be curious how the hours at DCa might be set up. Will they still close early? If so it could really jam up DL in the evening.

Working at disneyland in a department that is completely affected by attendence (custodial), I don't know how we could EVER handle disneylands attendence figures which are more than twice as high as ours. It would completely catch us by suprise. Also, if DCA's attendence were to increase, they certaintly need to reopen some of the shuttered resturants, especially in hollywood. Award weiners is busy beyond belief, especially after playhouse disney or alladin gets out around lunchtime. Add tower to that and you've got a mess. I do believe that ToT will affect crowds at DCA, but it won't be a dream maker that will last for a long time. I'm sure it will help DCA's attendence for the first year, but after that It won't give DCA the numbers disneyland gets.

I hope entertainment and attractions can work things out so that none of the shows in hollywood are finished at the same time. For example, playhouse disney getting out at the same time millionare and alladin get out, with a street show going on along hollywood blvd at the time the two get out would be a nightmare.

DonaldDuck14
04-10-2004, 08:44 AM
i can tell you one thing....i wouldn't be surprised at all if u see the line for ToT to extend to the animation studio or even past that. I remember when i went three days after the "new" tomorrowland opened in 1998....i waited 3 hours for rocket rods....i still don't know why i would wait 3 hours for a 2 minute ride, but i did and i enjoyed it. However luckily i'm a cast member and i got my preview tickets for ToT for this friday and i hope that i won't expect a a long wait for the ride.

JeffG
04-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Every year we go to Disneyland the first week in May. Our trip is planned for 5/3-5/7 this year. I read on here that TOT opens that week. Do you think it will be crowded due to that?

I'm going to take a contrary point of view to what others have posted here and predict that the time you are visiting will be fairly slow overall. You are arriving right after the Southern California 2-for-1 discount deal expires, but still a few weeks before most schools start to let out for the summer.

I do think that the lines will likely be long for Tower of Terror itself and that DCA will probably be more busy than it typically has been in the past during fairly slow periods. Overall, though, I suspect the crowds at the resort in general will probably be fairly light, particularly since you will be there on weekdays (do expect it to get busier on Friday).

-Jeff

cemeinke
04-10-2004, 10:27 AM
Yes

stitcher
04-10-2004, 11:28 AM
No... everybody will be in Palm "grass capitol of the world" Springs watching the grass grow

Hamradio
04-10-2004, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=Annes2kiddies]Every year we go to Disneyland the first week in May. Our trip is planned for 5/3-5/7 this year. I read on here that TOT opens that week. Do you think it will be crowded due to that?

In a word: YES

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Our trip is planned for the 18-23 of May. We were going to go the week earlier but being that it is Mother's Day and having TOT open, we changed our dates.
Will TOT have Fast Pass?

SoCalDisneyLover
04-12-2004, 09:44 PM
Will TOT have Fast Pass?

I won't make a sarcastic comment about such an obvious question, but YES it will!

That's the good news. The bad news is that they expect Fast Passes for TOT to run out within 2 hours of park opening from May 5, pretty much on through to Labor Day. In other words, get there before 10-11 AM, or don't get one. :(

Worse news? I read that about 80-90% of the admissions are expected to be via Fast Pass. Meaning that not only will it be less than a typical, jump right on the ride "Fast Pass," but that if you Don't get one to begin with, pretty much expect to wait in the Stand-By line the Whole Day! :eek:
Simply put. Get to CA Adventure early, get a Fast Pass for TOT First, and then do whatever you need to until your time hits. And remember...even though you're lucky enough to get a Fast Pass, does not necessarily mean you'll be happy with the time. While an 8:30 AM FP for 1:30-2:30 might be fine, a 9:30 AM FP for 9:00-10:00 PM might not. :|

Good news? The ride will probably be exceptional, especially for anyone who has never been to the Florida version. But enjoy your trip. Cause you probably ain't gettin' more than one ride per day. The FP's will be gone by the time you've waited 2 hours to be eligible for your second.

That is basically the long and short about the 13th Story Tower Of Terror! :)

CoasterMatt
04-13-2004, 04:51 AM
Then there's also the fastpasses that people will be printing out from home with that game - this oughtta be REALLY fun - a 2 hr. fastpass line, and a 2 hr. standby line
:p

cstephens
04-13-2004, 10:10 AM
I won't make a sarcastic comment about such an obvious question, but YES it will!

You know, some questions might be obvious to those who know Disney well but might not be so obvious to others.

I'm wondering whether they'll have a single rider line.

DCACM
04-13-2004, 05:28 PM
Will TOT have Fast Pass?

Soarin' Fastpass flghts are usually "booked" by mid-afternoon on busy days. TOT has roughly the same hourly capacity of Soarin', so I'd imagine you are sure to find "no vacancy" at ToT Fastpass early in the day. Plan accordingly, visit ToT at opening, during EP, or just before park closing!

CarlieB
04-13-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm wondering whether they'll have a single rider line.
I was wondering this too. Does Soarin' have Single Rider?

SoCalDisneyLover
04-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Of all the rides with Single Rider, Soarin' is the worst. Not sure why, but it has something to do with their loading procedure. There have been at least a couple of occasions where I went to SR at Soarin', only to be told that it would probably be about an Hour wait. Possibly less than the Standby Line, but still way too long for a Single Rider.

stitcher
04-13-2004, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE=SoCalDisneyLover]
Worse news? I read that about 80-90% of the admissions are expected to be via Fast Pass. [QUOTE]

That statistic is typical on an extremely busy day for any fastpass ride

missuniverse78
04-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Will there be any special stuff happening on TOT openning day, IE.- openning ceremonies?