PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Goofy's, can we cut thru Downtown Disney before 8am?

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 08:47 AM
we want to go to Breakfast at Goofys kitchen, the problem is we will not have a car, and want to go long before the park opens( what time does it open to get fast passes) and I think we will need to go straight thru down town disney to get there? Please, tell me fastest root to get there and how early we can go there? thanks so much **Karla

HBTiggerFan
04-08-2004, 08:56 AM
If you are staying at a motel on Harbor you can cut through the esplanade and DTD to get there.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 09:00 AM
I am staying at the Howard Johnsons. other side of goofys. that is why I would like to cut thru the down town disney.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 09:00 AM
Esplanade? is this down town disney?

happyhaunts999
04-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Esplanade is the area between the two parks where the gates are. There is no problem getting to the hotel at 8am. Security checks are open just before park opening so check, but you may have to go through security first but that is not a big deal.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Cool! I just hope it is not to far away for us to walk from our hotel, After all we will be walking all day after breakfast LOL! by the way, we have one carecter breakfast with our meal plan, do we have to order something special, or can we have anything we want? ( not sure what the price is on the voucher yet.

stan4d_steph
04-08-2004, 02:22 PM
Goofy's Kitchen is a buffet.

happyhaunts999
04-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Ya buffet which means all you can eat. My advice to you is bring a really big backpack with you stuff it full of food and you will have lunch as well.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 05:41 PM
LOL! I do not think that is allowed is it?

MrToad
04-08-2004, 11:21 PM
Not sure if it's officially allowed, but lots of people seem to do it.. Hey, it's all you can eat, after all.
I never usually do more than see how many cookies i can fit in my pockets.. personal record is almost a dozen :~D

EandCDad
04-09-2004, 05:41 AM
and want to go long before the park opens( what time does it open to get fast passes)

Fastpasses are available near the actual rides at the same time the park opens. So if the park opens at 8am, you can get your first fastpass at that time. The machines are located near the entrance to the ride.

PsychDoc
04-10-2004, 07:25 AM
You could also take a cab around to the front of the DL Hotel. I doubt it would be more than $10. Worth it if you don't feel like walking right away in the morning. Also, never been there for breakfast, but the dinner was excellent! I was very impressed. We had tried to go there a few times (without reservations) and it was a nightmare. We ended up just leaving and ording a pizza. We finally made it there last year around this time. Two issues -- very pricey and I didn't care for the table they gave us -- couldn't see the "buffet parade."

TribeFan
04-10-2004, 07:53 AM
When you are done at Goofy's you can hop on the Monorail in Downtown Disney. It's right next to The Rainforest Cafe about 100 yards from the Disneyland Hotel. It will take you right in to Tomorrowland and save you the walk (and also the wait) to the main entrance.

Hakuna Makarla
04-10-2004, 10:28 AM
thank you for the tip, I want to save some of the walk on my poor old body LOL! thank you much. and about the taxi, I am thinking this may be a way to go as I hate to walk anywhere firstthing in the morning! Good idea's guys!