PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! - where and when?

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 05:04 AM
This seems awsome, when and where do I go see it? are there several shows a day? is it hard to get into? and is it all year round? we will be there in August, I want to see this. thanks **Karla

stan4d_steph
04-08-2004, 05:29 AM
The show occurs on the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. There are viewing areas all around ROA. During the peak summer season, the show runs 7 days a week, with usual show times of 9 and 10:30 PM nightly. You should always check the schedule for times when you are there to make sure there haven't been any changes.

People may begin staking out prime viewing spots hours in advance. The 10:30 show is usually less crowded than the 9 PM show, but in the summer both are likely to be packed. For tips on how to get a good spot, I would suggest doing a thread search (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/search.php?) for Fantasmic in the DL Resort Forum. If you want to guarantee good seats without having to wait, you can always pay extra for reserved seating. "Tickets may be purchased up to 30 days in advance by calling Disney Dining at (714) 781-4400."

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 08:38 AM
do we have to buy tickets for the shows?Guess I thought everything to view and do in the park was added on the ticket price of getting in.Please, tell mewhat else costs in the park? and also the cost of these shows? do we have to pay for the kids shows to?

Not Afraid
04-08-2004, 08:45 AM
FOr reserved seating, you have to buy tickets in advance. There are two spots for reserved seating, the Gallery balcony and chairs in a section near the middle light tower. Reserved seating includes a dessert buffet and costs about $50 (nor sure of exact current price).

All other seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.

HBTiggerFan
04-08-2004, 08:59 AM
Please, tell mewhat else costs in the park? and also the cost of these shows? do we have to pay for the kids shows to?

Food, video games and the shooting gallary are not included in the admission cost. All shows and attractions are included in the cost, though some offer "premium seating" for a premium.

Hakuna Makarla
04-08-2004, 09:02 AM
cool, we knew the food was not free, or games but I am sure glad the rides and shows are free. Thank you all **Karla

caution a-head
04-08-2004, 10:17 PM
I did the reserved sitting and I it's not worth the price, just get there early to stake your place.

danyoung
04-09-2004, 10:56 AM
I sorta disagree about the reserved seating, at least when talking about the Gallery balcony. I thought it was an incredible experience, and I didn't mind the price. That said, I've seen Fantasmic! so many times from right behind the central light tower that I felt somewhat removed from it all up in the balcony. For a special event or for a first time viewer, I'd get the balcony in a heartbeat. For me alone, or with a repeat crowd, I'll take the central tower.

Zigen
04-09-2004, 01:31 PM
I'll disagree with caution a head too. When its very crowed (spring break/summer time) and you have a 2-4 yr old, reserve seating is a life saver. Riverside reserved seating still has great views (if balcony is filled up) and you can feel the heat of the fire. Then right after the show, the fire works appear. So the entire time your there you get desserts, drinks, waiters and chairs and you don't have to worry about getting there 2 hours before hand just to get a seat(4 hours to get good riverside seats). They even have space for your kids to run around while waiting.

If you cant afford reserved seating then i would hope you have someone who can save your spot. With kids its hard for them to sit down for more than 10 mins let alone 2 hours waiting for a show to start. Keep in mind that the area around the show fills up pretty quickly and it might be hard to get to the spot where your family is saving it for you. They direct foot traffic 1 way in certain spots.

We did this during spring break and was worth every penny of it. Your other option is to wait for the 10:30 pm show. Little less crowed then but youngs kids wont like that since they need sleep.